Why not to get a srt-4.. got wheel hop? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Why not to get a srt-4.. got wheel hop? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by drizze99 What's up guys? n00b here! Just wanted to comment on the video.... The wheel hop on ...

Originally posted by drizze99
    What's up guys? n00b here!

Just wanted to comment on the video....

The wheel hop on this car is REAL nasty if you don't launch it right. The car has a dump load of torque down low so you only need 1500-2000 RPMs at launch.

I know the guy in this video and I must say that this was his only UGLY launch in the car. The car is 100% stock and he already laid down a 14.0@101.

To all the haters: you've never seen an ugly launch in a WRX? I know I have. (no need to flame just making a point!)

Do they hop everytime you shift??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No it's not. Swap to a stickier tire and launch hard. the 92s just zizz, but stickier tires will have your fonts-a-hoppin

VV

Originally posted by TurboWRX
    its hard to get wheel hop with an AWD car

Thanks for the WELCOME!! I try to be intelligent!! LOL!!

Like you said, I was referring to bogging at the line. I really don't think you guys will have a problem with wheel hop!!

I got firm race mount's on order for my car and I hope it helps out. Right now I'm boostin 16.5psi and it impossible to launch!! I'm getting a custom remote trigger switch made so I can utilize the scramble boost option on my EBC.

I must say that these boards are A LOT better than NAISOC. I'm not particularly fond of them over there. They have a lot of arrogance to them.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by nyxjf
    Do they hop everytime you shift??
    If you launch incorrectly, you'll hop 1st & 2nd...

not sure about 3rd, cause I've always let of the pedal for fear of blowing out a mount before my racing mounts get in.

Smolten-

So what is your point? That WRX's are actually capable of getting into accidents? Gosh, you sure got us there!

Originally posted by WilliamG
    What a surprise....this turned into a b*tching thread.

::sigh::

Take it easy guys.... seriously
    Actually, it started out as a "What a crappy launch by that guy" thread. It didn't degenerate into a "my dad can beat up your dad" car comparison until smolten made irrelevant comments and posted even more irrelevant pictures.

BTW, how does your WRX perform in winter weather? Does it handle those Minneapolis blizzards pretty well? I'll be moving there end of June.

Alright, another cool SRT-4 owner, dope. Tell me drizz, do you know any places online yet that are selling parts and other stuff? My uncle's looking to start modding his SRT and we can't find any sites yet.

Originally posted by XtianLA
    Alright, another cool SRT-4 owner, dope. Tell me drizz, do you know any places online yet that are selling parts and other stuff? My uncle's looking to start modding his SRT and we can't find any sites yet.
    As of right now the only places that I know of are:

www.modernperformance.com
    www.exhaustdepot.com
    www.atpturbo.com

I'm sure you guys have heard of Turbo XS and you guys might also know Nathan (Technical Projects Director), well I'm going down to see him on Saturday to get a few dyno runs in. They have an SRT-4 now, so the aftermarket should be nice when they start producing parts for it.

Tell your uncle that Mopar is also coming out with A LOT for the SRT besides the staged packages. Here is a sample of what is soon to be released:
    - Cold Air Intake System
    - Catback Exhaust
    - Downpipe
    - Blow off valve
    - Adjustable Coilover suspension
    - Gauges
    - Valve Covers (all colors and carbon fiber)
    - Turbo Timer
    - Stage 1,2,3 turbo upgrades
    - LSD
    - Short Throw Shifter
    - Shift Knob
    - Swaybars (front and rear- adjustable)
    - Strut Tower Brace

I hope this helps you out!!

Sounds good, thanks man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.