Subaru WRX Forum banner

Sore loser in a BMW 330i

5K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  loopsups 
#1 ·
So I'm on my way home from a client's house after dropping off his WRX and picking up mine, when some old guy in a 330i gets on it away from a light. I left it in second, rolled it on and went right by him. He proceded to pull a low-class flyby. The next light turns red and I make it PAINFULLY obvious that I'm going to kick his ass. I start out back a bit and when the other light turns yellow, I start revving the engine and pulling forward.

The light goes green and I nail a 5k launch. I'm easily 5 car lengths ahead by 65mph, so I shut down and get in the crowded turnpike entrance lane. THIS IS PRICELESS:

The dude pulls up next to me and yells past his woman, "You should've spent more on a car and less on an engine." I'm immediately hysterical as the guy pulls away. I guess it's true what they say: BMWs don't come with any class!

-Jim

#5 ·
Nice...

Im still trying to get my friend to race me. I suspect he dosent want to admit that hes gonna loose to a subaru.

I told him the longer he waits the more hes gonna loose.

When I accrue enough funds in my playtime budget Its TDO5-16G time! Im not gonna tell him of course haha!

#6 ·
HAHHAAHA, nice work man.

His statement contradicted his own actions. Had he been chilling in his bmw just going about his buisness then fine, he could have made sense to some people (morons), but he was trying to race you, and was proven to be a no talent assclown in his own game. you own.

#8 ·
Hahahahahaha, thats probably what the guy driving the Ferrari in TF&TF said after they raced the Supra, or something more equivalent to 'whine.. whine.. whine.. mine is more expensive by a whole 5 grand, that makes me better than him right hunny.. proceeds to whine more and have his women laugh at him'

#11 ·
I give all the respect in the world to the BMWs, infact I almost bought a 330i instead of the WRX. They are incredible cars, but my god I wouldn't want to be stereotyped into the yuppy class that drives them. Mammoth is something of a mini-Beverly Hills and pretty much beamers rule up here, but their drivers usually leave something to be desired as far as attitude.

#12 ·
Haha! That guy is a tool. But you guys are harsh. There's nothing wrong with being successful and getting a nice car like a BMW. Hell, wouldn't most of you just love an M3 or an M5? :cool:

However, there is something wrong with acting like that because you got wasted by a car that costs >$12,000 less than a 330i. When I get my booty kicked racing, I like to see what the other guy has and congratulate him or her. I'd give major credit to someone in a built-up car that could beat me if I had a Porsche, Lambo, or what not. Some people just can't be civil. :eek:

#13 ·
There's nothing wrong with being successful and getting a nice car like a BMW. Hell, wouldn't most of you just love an M3 or an M5?
Hell no. All you're paying for with BMW is for lazy German unionized workers to take 6 week vacations. Japanese make equal or better cars for 2/3 the price. :)
Instead of an M3, I'd take an STi and spend the leftover $20,000 on something fun. :)

#14 ·
You should have yelled back: "You should have spend less money on your car, and more on LONGITUDE." LOL!

chris

#16 ·
WHAT?! That is rediculous. I can't believe that anyone would do such a thing. He's driving a 330i! That's not exactly at the highend of the BMW line of cars. Who the hell does he think he is telling you that nonesense :rolleyes:

#23 ·
thats not always the case. my ex gf bought a 330ci and lives in a ratty neighborhood. i know she can't afford any kind of repairs with her job/pay. i still wonder how she was able to afford that car without some help. there are a lot of people like this... spending more on their car than their house.

#25 ·
FUNKED1 said:
Hell no. All you're paying for with BMW is for lazy German unionized workers to take 6 week vacations. Japanese make equal or better cars for 2/3 the price. :)
Instead of an M3, I'd take an STi and spend the leftover $20,000 on something fun. :)
Lazy?...STi has turbo working on it's side. The M3 is pure driven engine, no turbo/superchargers. The E46 M3 has 333hp, Im not sure what the sti has, like 300 right? So, the germans aren't too lazy ;) -Mike

#26 ·
savemike said:
Lazy?...STi has turbo working on it's side. The M3 is pure driven engine, no turbo/superchargers. The E46 M3 has 333hp, Im not sure what the sti has, like 300 right? So, the germans aren't too lazy ;) -Mike
BAH!! whoopy u for the extra 20grand i can build up the motor in the sti then add a bigger turbo. BMW's are OVERpriced!! and under performanced/built cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.