Fun with a Miata

This is a discussion on Fun with a Miata within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I was driving on the highway today and this dude comes by me in a Miata. I was just ...

Fun with a Miata

Well, I was driving on the highway today and this dude comes by me in a Miata. I was just cruising in 5th....anyways, as he goes by he looks at me in his rear view. Well, I was in the mood for playing a little, so I downshifted to 4th and slowly caught up to him, then I slowed down and we rolled next to eachother for a bit. The whole time he was checkin out my rex.(I have tinted windows so he prolly couldn't see me) I then decided to drop the hammer by rev matching, downshift to third, and I disappeared. Later on when we were just crusing in slow traffed, he pulled up on my left side and smiled and gave me the thumbs up. Of course I rolled down my window and returned the favor. I've never seen a Miata go that fast on a highway before, but I didn't know they were really quick. Anyways, it was fun, especially since the guy was cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Getting a mutual 'thumbs up' is always cool. You can usually tell a true 'car guy/gal' that way.

It's usually the car-prejudice jerks or guys trying to 'compensate' for their manlyhood who can't acknowledge a different car than theirs.
    Dino
    - '03 WRX sedan - SOLD (Jan 07)
    - '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Stock)
    - '05 Volvo S60R - stock (Stock)

Exactly... I totally agree

You happen to live in Cali? Was it a red Miata with an older guy driving (late 50s)? I ask because my father who drives a Miata got into a little freeway run with a WRX this week and was giving me props on my ride.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Re: Fun with a Miata

Originally posted by XtianLA
    I've never seen a Miata go that fast on a highway before, but I didn't know they were really quick.
    you can get them pretty fast when you mod them...but stock, theyre not that quick...but itll still take you up to 120

1991 miata with 125k miles. i beat on it daily, and it loves the abuse. haha. what a great car.

Originally posted by STIwish
    You happen to live in Cali? Was it a red Miata with an older guy driving (late 50s)? I ask because my father who drives a Miata got into a little freeway run with a WRX this week and was giving me props on my ride.
    nah, it was black, younger guy. That's sweet that your dad is cool like that though, lol.

Re: Re: Fun with a Miata

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    you can get them pretty fast when you mod them...but stock, theyre not that quick...but itll still take you up to 120

1991 miata with 125k miles. i beat on it daily, and it loves the abuse. haha. what a great car.
    My 92 will register 129 on the speedo at redline in 5th, i agree that the miata can take some punishment. It does have the engine from a 323 turbo, i have seen them handle 18 psi with a turbo kit on a stock bottom end. I rode in a 92 with 275 turbo'd HP in it was not easily controlled, just light up the tires with any throttle input. Talk about power Oversteer.

Re: Re: Re: Fun with a Miata

Originally posted by Trypsin
    My 92 will register 129 on the speedo at redline in 5th, i agree that the miata can take some punishment. It does have the engine from a 323 turbo, i have seen them handle 18 psi with a turbo kit on a stock bottom end. I rode in a 92 with 275 turbo'd HP in it was not easily controlled, just light up the tires with any throttle input. Talk about power Oversteer.
    yeah, ive taken it to 125 before...but ran out of real estate. funny thing is that with the soft-top up, itll hit 115, then hit a wall...and with the hardtop up, it hits the wall at 110...its only when i put duct tape over the seal between the windshield and the hardtop that i can get 115+. i would love to drive a miata with the flying miata turbo kit...but i want the STi a lot more.