SRT-4 Owns Us All..
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 Owns Us All.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://66.250.27.80/download/movieh.wmv What the heck is that? Anyway back to reality: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~yuv/stivssrt4/MOV03356.mpeg...

Srt-4 spanks WRX from a stop (VIDEO)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It didn't spank the wrx from a stop. The wrx got the jump and was in the lead until 2 or 3rd gear. Of course, that race didn't actually take place, and no matter who won, Dodge made the video.. Think they'd show the SRT getting beat? I think they did a good job of portraying the race, not unrealistic.

Srt vs STi? Only a subie owner would make that comparison
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

I don't care who won...that vid was great
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

that was an sti and an sti wouldn't lose to an srt4 I don't think but we will never know because we will never have that model sti. That video was awesome though and way better than tfatf

Originally posted by BamBooI
    that was an sti and an sti wouldn't lose to an srt4 I don't think but we will never know because we will never have that model sti. That video was awesome though and way better than tfatf
    I don't think that was a STI. The hood scoop was small. The STI has that much larger hood scoop. Did Dodge put a aftermarket
    BOV on the SRT-4? Every time that SRT-4 shifted you could a hear a fairly loud whoooosh!!

Yea I also liked the vid also.

Yo

Good video ... makes me have new ideas.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Was that SRT-4 stock or what? I thought I heard its blow-off valve between shifts...

yeah bov for sure... not sure if that was stock but both cars had rims and i think that was an sti because of the wing and sti badge but i doubt they would get a real sti so you are right it is probably a posing sti.

That was absolutely WICKED!! hahahaha! Although my car won't have that kind of trouble with an srt4 any time soon!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I Support ClubWRX
    Just so you guys know, I'm thinking VERY carefully about deleting this thread. Before anyone lets off 'fanboy!' comments at me, I'll explain myself succinctly.

1.) The thread title is just asking for a fight to ensue.

1.) This is a Dodge video. Bias anyone? (I found it amusing that they got an STi "poser" to 'fake' race. The SRT-4 won't be able to touch the STi in any shape or form, yet it appears Dodge want you to believe it will, since people will recognise the shape of that WRX to look like an STi. Some will be convinced it IS an STi, no doubt. )

2.) BOTH cars are not stock. SRT-4 has a BOV, rims, and goodness knows what else. WRX is also not stock. It has a ton of body mods, and judging by the sound the engine made when it turned off at the end, it's certainly not stock in performance mods. But....who knows which cars is less stock than the other?

I feel that this is just (another) pointless ad by Dodge to dig at Subaru specifically. I actually think it's a really cheap shot.

I do see however, that it is a fun video, but as far as real-world realism goes, well..., no comment. I'd have been much more impressed to see stock vs stock, since then I can be more believing, especially if they were professional drivers. The SRT-4 does trap slightly faster than a WRX in stock form.

But...I digress...
    Last edited by WilliamG; 04-26-2003 at 09:03 AM.
    2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by WilliamG
    Just so you guys know, I'm thinking VERY carefully about deleting this thread. Before anyone lets off 'fanboy!' comments at me, I'll explain myself succinctly.

1.) The thread title is just asking for a fight to ensue.

1.) This is a Dodge video. Bias anyone?

2.) BOTH cars are not stock. SRT-4 has a BOV, rims, and goodness knows what else. WRX is also not stock. It has a ton of body mods, and judging by the sound the engine made when it turned off at the end, it's certainly not stock in performance mods. But....who knows which cars is less stock than the other?

I feel that this is just (another) pointless ad by Dodge to dig at Subaru specifically. I actually think it's a really cheap shot.
    I agree, its definately a "cheap shot" but it doesn't get me all bent out of shape. I found it humorous and entertaining. Great ad on dodge's behalf! It makes the srt-4 seem very appealing. HELLO? what commercials are supposed to do. Ok so subaru doens't directly lash out at they're competitors in ads, but most auto manuf. do. Its nothing new. So whats left to worry about the ad? the fact that n00bies might think a wrx has chance at a srt4? would you want those people buying a wrx anyways?
    I actually found it quite interesting that dodge showed the wrx take the srt-4 out of the hole. Although, in reality the lead would have been much more.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by el~sharko
    I agree, its definately a "cheap shot" but it doesn't get me all bent out of shape. I found it humorous and entertaining. Great ad on dodge's behalf! It makes the srt-4 seem very appealing. HELLO? what commercials are supposed to do. Ok so subaru doens't directly lash out at they're competitors in ads, but most auto manuf. do. Its nothing new. So whats left to worry about the ad? the fact that n00bies might think a wrx has chance at a srt4? would you want those people buying a wrx anyways?
    I actually found it quite interesting that dodge showed the wrx take the srt-4 out of the hole. Although, in reality the lead would have been much more.
    I'm not bent out of shape, but I do see fights ensuing.

I'll watch it and see how it goes. At the very least, it might get renamed depending on the backlash! You do say though that the lead would have been much more? I don't think so somehow... None of us have raced an SRT-4 at 130+ mph. Also, why didn't Dodge take it to a track with corners, rather than promoting street racing? I suppose their little 'professional drivers' disclaimer leaves them guilt-free!

Ah well...for the second time, I digress...
    2010 SSM STI

nah dude don't delete the thread... its all good... we say spanking and owned etc in our threads all the time... we should except defeat in this case... its all fun and games and we know the truth... we have nothing to prove... if you delete this thread it would make us seem that we can't accept defeat and we think we have the fastest car... there are no flames "yet" and most of us think it is a good vid

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a funny vid. What I ALSO found funny...

1.) It promotes stealing girlfriends.

2.) 'Fastest car for under $20,000' (plus all those $$ to mod the SRT-4!)

2010 SSM STI

can't wait to hear what srtforums have to say.

"o man the srt-4 beat an STI STOCK for STOCK fastest car evar"

bahahha
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.