SRT-4 Owns Us All.. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on SRT-4 Owns Us All.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I found that to be quite amusing in that someone out there is truly mentally impaired enought to make a ...

I found that to be quite amusing in that someone out there is truly mentally impaired enought to make a car buying decision based on somthing like that. ha.

Remember guys, i can go in my yard make a video of a geo smoking a ferrari and it still wouldent mean ****, just like this.

Take it for what its worth, nothing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Okay... why does the SRT have Aftermarket Wheels on it? Are the stock ones not good enough to be in a promotion from Dodge? Do we really think Chrysler would be stupid enough to encourage "street racing" and or "wreckless driving" come on now... It seems like when they were sitting in the house in the opening and closing it sounded like they were not using a microphone... seems a little "hollow". If it is PRO advertisement... its a little disappointing. If it is some SRT driver's work... on a home CPU.. then it is very well done. My girfriend is in the BIZ too and she agrees.

Isn't anyone else into video production to back me on this one?

This is just my .02 cents.. take it or throw it in a fountain at the mall.

I Support ClubWRX
    Believe me I think this video is an act of idiocy, but I can't imagine who else would film this. The original thread summed up my feelings rather well.
    2010 SSM STI

OMG, I DIDNT KNOW NEONS COULD BEAT THE NEW STi...Now im going to go buy a neon so hot girls will talk to me, and ill get into funny yet predictable situations with my siblings!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    So I merged these threads so people knew to this can see the original responses..

Peace out, and all that...
    2010 SSM STI

I particularly enjoy the look of bewilderment in the faces of other drivers as I launch my wagon after a typical Montreal snow storm. The WRX and a set of Toyo Garrits precludes any debate over who owns whom during a Canadian winter
    A lot of power is good, more is better, and too much is perfect. I mean, if less is more, think how much more more is...

Cool It's all good.....

All I can say is "It's lonely at the top.....everyone is gunnin for you!!"

They can say what they want....hey it's a free country.....BUT.... We all know the truth and so do they..that's why they stoop so low

No need to sink down to their dirt!!

WRX RULES!!!
    Need Boost.....Gotta get Boost....Must have BOOST!!!!

I seriously hope this isn't an official Dodge/Chrysler production.

Let's see what's wrong with this video.

1. Is going out with somebody elses gf a cool thing to do (I guess it might be until you got caught or if it was your gf cheating on you)?

2. Is it cool to take somebody else's car without their permission (or them distinctly stating not to touch the car)?

3. When the driver pulled up to the light, is it cool to stop and drive on the opposite side of the road (look at where the double solid yellow line is) so another car can pull up and race you?

4. Street racing?

5. Promote breaking the law to get back before your brother finds out you took his car?

Are these the customers Dodge is trying to attract? Irresponsible people who drive fast on city streets? I'm sure I'll get a lot of flak for this but I think the SRT-4 looks good and bang-for-the-buck is a great value. I don't like the FWD and would not give my WRX up for it! I'm glad Subaru didn't use this kind of marketing. Our insurance rates would be sky high! They clip they didn't show was the SRT-4 when it gets into an accident and the driver and passenger end up in the hospital or morgue! Way cool!
    2002 WRX Wagon
    2-1973 914-2.0's
    1974 914-2.0 LE

page not found

Can't see the clip. DOS or down one way or another... Is this posted anywhere else, I'm dying to hear the BOV.

"My Dad's car will kick your Dad's car's ass!"

OMG! you guys are taking this way to fu$#en seriously. this is friggin entertainment. does dodge support taking a dragster to a stoplight and asking the guy beside him if he's "got a hemi" and then smoke the tires??? of course not! it's friggin entertainment. geez!

the whole argument is way off if you look at automotive advertising today. how many tv ads do we see where they break the law? it's for entertainment's sake! what about bmwfilms and nissan's movie short called "the run." it's the friggin same thing.

this is the same thing that happened with TFATF. people take entertainment and turn it into a documentary. what a joke. from what i saw, this was a stoplight to stoplight race. who of us isn't guilty of that???

in my opinion after seeing this movie, dodge recognizes the core of this scene better than many other auto makers. too bad its a neon.

personally, i think the movie is cool. i still don't want an srt4 though.

Is it just me or did it seem like that the 2 brothers in the video were somewhere in their mid 20's and still living at home with their parents? I dunno....maybe I'm wrong but that's just the vibe I got.

Haha....mid 20's couch potatoes that are still living at home. Talk about Dodge's key demographics.

(btw, This comment was not meant to offend anybody who's still living at home...I know their are cases where people simply want to save money, not because they're lazy farts and mooching off their parents)
    Last edited by swipe112; 04-30-2003 at 10:39 PM.

Originally posted by wrxplayayo
    OMG! you guys are taking this way to fu$#en seriously. this is friggin entertainment. does dodge support taking a dragster to a stoplight and asking the guy beside him if he's "got a hemi" and then smoke the tires??? of course not! it's friggin entertainment. geez!

the whole argument is way off if you look at automotive advertising today. how many tv ads do we see where they break the law? it's for entertainment's sake! what about bmwfilms and nissan's movie short called "the run." it's the friggin same thing.

this is the same thing that happened with TFATF. people take entertainment and turn it into a documentary. what a joke. from what i saw, this was a stoplight to stoplight race. who of us isn't guilty of that???

in my opinion after seeing this movie, dodge recognizes the core of this scene better than many other auto makers. too bad its a neon.

personally, i think the movie is cool. i still don't want an srt4 though.
    Well said, except for "too bad it's a neon"

Just to let you guys know that this NOT A COMMERCIAL. This is a short movie that was made by DCX for IAS. No, DCX does not condone street racing and if you slow it to frame by frame there is a quick disclaimer.

Take it for what it is....entertainment!! That is it, there is no reason to over analyze it!!

I don't think that the WRX is inferior to the SRT-4 because Dodge made this video. IMO, they are both really nice cars and their are plenty of WRX's that will smoke an SRT-4, just not stock vs. stock. Stock vs. stock comes down to driver. My .02
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345