SRT-4 Owns Us All.. - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 Owns Us All.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I believe it is a repost and I havent even seen the video just a description. I think thats very ...

I believe it is a repost and I havent even seen the video just a description. I think thats very immature on Dodge's account.
    I think that really just shows insecurity to actually make a video for marketing showing another car getting pulled on. Hopefully that will just help all the ricer's in the market sway towards the SRT-4 instead of the WRX/STI.
    Well if thats all they have to go on then, good for them. Subaru actually advertises handling, safety, rally roots, traction, AND power. Maybe Subaru should make a video of some SRT-4's spinning one wheel all day. Oh wait, they dont have to. The WRX's reputation proceeds it and it actually sells itself.
    Last edited by JRod; 04-28-2003 at 02:36 PM.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Even though the WRX lost, I still think it's a pretty cool video. Thanks for the post - missed the first time around.
    Dino
    - '03 WRX sedan - SOLD (Jan 07)
    - '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Stock)
    - '05 Volvo S60R - stock (Stock)

I thought it was a pretty cool video, but what they didnt mention was that the kid was really a stunt driver for a living, otherwise he would have plowed into something as he was racing around and totalled the car and been beat up by his older brother who would rather ride in a SUV than drive his embarassing little neon anyway

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

That is a pretty low hit that doesn't even deserve verbal defending. Dodge, please take all the immature ricers! The last thing I want to see is a WRX around every corner with some immature punk in it. I love that the WRX is marketed to a more mature group of people that are true car enthusiasts.
    It's not a damn beanbag!

Hey atleast they showed the WRX getting off the line faster thats about where the reality ended. Personally I like seeing the comercials of the WRX drifting through a gravel course then seeing some punk kid driving recklessly through a city in a neon. Oh well, I hope a lot of ricers see that video so they go out and buy it as well.

I think they should have done the race in one cut, to bad they had to make a film cut when the srt-4 started to catch up to it
    Last edited by KanosWRX; 04-28-2003 at 03:04 PM.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

srt-4...

I dont care what you call it or what you show the srt-4 is a NEON. Dodge just started sellin them a little pre-riced. and the weight diff in the race... 100 pound girl 180 pound punk against 2 180 pound men. that is 80 less pounds and that is an advantage.
    Screw need, I lust for speed!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by fengshui
    I thought it was a pretty cool video, but what they didnt mention was that the kid was really a stunt driver for a living, otherwise he would have plowed into something as he was racing around and totalled the car and been beat up by his older brother who would rather ride in a SUV than drive his embarassing little neon anyway
    LOL

I don't really get into this "this car vs. that car" - I like to go after "big game" (Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc) - but after all the crap that's been talked about that car I can't wait to come across one in the canyons around here! I just hope the kid doesn't get killed trying to keep up with me.

Chris
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Originally posted by GV27
    LOL

I don't really get into this "this car vs. that car" - I like to go after "big game" (Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc) - but after all the crap that's been talked about that car I can't wait to come across one in the canyons around here! I just hope the kid doesn't get killed trying to keep up with me.

Chris
    Amen to that brotha!!!

thanks, the site dodge posted or whatever, that asked for email, zip and birth year would just close once i submited the info , so i never saw the vid that was supposed to follow
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Can you believe that 5 minute clip took 3 days to film ."
    HAHA...I can just imagine...Day one, SRT-4 lines up with said WRX for initial shooting. Both drivers ready to go...launch...WRX has SRT-4 by about 6 cars in 3rd gear.

Everyone goes home for the day...They retune the SRT-4...

Day two, the cars line up again. This time things should be right. Cars launch...WRX has SRT-4 by 3 cars in 3rd gear...

Dazed and confused...Everyone goes home for the day, again...They retune the SRT-4...

Day three, the cars line up for the final run. They just don't have the money to continue to shoot more, so this is it. The cars line up, ready for the SRT-4 to take the race...

Cars launch...WRX still beats SRT-4...

Confused, everyone goes home dissapointed. Editors end up working their video magic and making the SRT-4 win! HAHA

Originally posted by bobafett
    HAHA...I can just imagine...Day one, SRT-4 lines up with said WRX for initial shooting. Both drivers ready to go...

(*edit due to length*)

Confused, everyone goes home dissapointed. Editors end up working their video magic and making the SRT-4 win! HAHA
    Funny, but I doubt this *race* ever took place. Kinda like in TFATF, non of those cars ever raced each other really. They drove next to each other, and depending on the storyboard, one would *win* here and there.

The video looked great. The cars looked great, the girl looked better... Dodge shouldn't promote street racing, and everybody else shouldn't take it seriously....
    Last edited by ebbtide; 04-28-2003 at 06:03 PM.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by GV27
    LOL

Chris
    exactly, try to keep up with a WRX driver on their favorite twisty road and see who lags behind, pushing like a pig.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

I do Video Production for a living. I will be the first to admit that piece had some nice editing... it was not and I repeat not made by dodge.

It is an "amature" little film. I actually kind of like it as a short film. Pretty neat. In my opinion though.. its not very "cool" or "macho" to burn out in a Front Wheel Drive car... kind of dorky

The video is cool and all, but there are flaws that make me believe it is not genuine Chysler or Dodge advertisement.

(note: stock SRT's do not come with a srt sticker on the wing; the shot where they pan right from the tailight to the passanger side is way too unstable to be PRO quality)

hey, um . . .are all the srt components made/designed in america? if not, where do the majore systems come from?

I Support ClubWRX
    If it wasn't done by Dodge, how come the owner of the WRX said he lent the car to 'them' so they could film it over a number of days? I doubt said WRX owner would lend his car to some 'amateur film-makers' just for the fun of it.
    2010 SSM STI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.