SRT-4 Owns Us All.. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 Owns Us All.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru should counter with a video of their own. Everyone is having fun at a party and the weather gets ...

Subaru should counter with a video of their own.

Everyone is having fun at a party and the weather gets bad. When its time to go home the SRT-4 owner and his girl friend back his car into a small mud puddle and gets stuck. The SRT-4 just spins the front tires and can't go anywhere. So they go back into the house and ask the owner of the WRX if he can help them out. The WRX helps the guy out by giving his girl friend a ride home. The WRX throws mud all over the SRT-4 as he drives off.
    The girl friend says - I just have to get a Subaru. The beauty of AWD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HaHa that would be funny. What we need is a unbiased film of a stock rex versus a stock srt-4 just to show how close they really are in the 1/4 mile. But i thought the vid was entertaining but nothing compared to the bmw films.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Just to defend what I said... The BMW films are of much, much higher caliber/quality. But then, the Dodge film has a lot of Amateur qualities to it, but yet it's done really well. Plus for me, the bmw films had a lot of set up that wasn't too exciting.

This was more based around excitement, and I really liked the music. See, it also helped that I didn't realize what I was watching until the end. I figured it was some kid making a joke movie, and I was just thinking wow, this kid is really good throughout the whole thing. Then the driving scenes came, and I was like, this kid is amazing.

It's not like Dodge had the big names like John Woo after all. For what it was, it was damn entertaining. I still like some of the bmwfilms better, but in general I think I liked this one better. Just had certain touches that were nice. And god I hated that Devil bmwfilm.

jeezus

that video just plain sucked (and I'm in the video/multimedia business).

this is the reason people hate advertising companies - because the industry stretches, bends, breaks or even destroys, the truth to sell a product.

There is no way some dude high on weed is going to go out and drive in a straight line while racing at 90 mph on the street.

Nor is that srt stock (is that a BOV I hear in the background?) so why advertise the under $20,000 price tag.

Furthermore, that dodge would never chase down the wrx after falling back so early in the race.

I admit, the ad will do one thing, however: It'll have every teenaged kid sitting behind the wheel of a srt looking to drag race every chance they get.

do you think dodge will accept the blame when someone gets killed after watching their video and then going out to race?

haaaaaaale naaaaaaaah!

good going dodge.

Re: jeezus

Originally posted by drbyers
    Nor is that srt stock (is that a BOV I hear in the background?) so why advertise the under $20,000 price tag.
    Hmm... in most of the kill stories in this forum it seems like the wrx's are modified as well.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

FWIW, I think it's pretty ballsy to even do such a video that essentially promoted street racing and reckless driving...So you purists can slam away but who are we kidding when just about everyone on this board likes to open up their cars every once in a while. Otherwise you'd all be driving Toyota Echos.

:P

T.

speaking of commercials, did u guys see the new dodge srt commercial. it has 3 nascar dudes walking out and they get into a foot race and then they are at the door and 1 guy is holding the other 2 back and there are 3 srt's there a viper srt (red) ram srt (red) and a neon srt (yellow) and they take off they zoom by richard petty and i forgot what he says but it's a cool commercial.

not that i'm the voice of reason on this topic but let's stop the comparison. there is NOTHING the same between the 2 cars besides 4 doors and roughly the same 1/4 time.

nothing

subaru builds quality vs cheap dodge quality. this is no viper at 80K, this is a damn neon. the money went into the motor and tranny the rest was tossed together.

ok so let's stop comparing the 2. the srt-4 is aimed at people a little younger then me (i'm 20) it's aimed for 1st car or wanna be street racers. personally i'm an enthusiast. hence the wrx. the srt-4 has good acceleration END OF SENTENCE. seriously how can u guys compare FWD to AWD just based on 1/4 times (THE WRX ISN'T A DRAG CAR)
    it is idiotic to compare a car to another because the 1/4 times are both low 14 seconds. how about we compare a mac truck and a pinto since they both do the 1/4 in like 19seconds.

seriously reading this crap gets me upset

END OF RENT!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Neons have been known to be decent autocross cars. And there is a factory sponsored SRT4 underneath rally car out there. Some decent pics on the net of it screaming around corners drifting, just like a Su-- oh nevermind. Tehe

Curious what times a Stage III kit from Mopar will do for the SRT4. 300HP/300 lbs-ft of torque certified by Dodge. Off-road use only of course!

As far as handling, some of the Neon ACR bits should bolt right on.

-B

u can have 600000hp in a car but if it doesn't runa nd breaks down and u can't put the power to the ground because of no LSD then wtf good is it for

(getting more pissed off about this whole thing)
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    HaHa that would be funny. What we need is a unbiased film of a stock rex versus a stock srt-4 just to show how close they really are in the 1/4 mile. But i thought the vid was entertaining but nothing compared to the bmw films.
    I dont think subaru should make any commercial trying to make another car look bad, its kind of stooping to there low. Subaru would be smart not to, it would make it seem like they dont care, cuase they know they're better than dodge,its just better off left alone

Either way it would still be funny. But youre right they should do what porsche did, do nothing. Remember that commercial i think it was dodge with the truck getting caught behind a porsche, and they pass him and get caught behing another and the wife remarks "not another one of those". One side of me wants porsche to put them in there place but the other wants porsche to be the one with more class. But it would be funny to have a cayenne commercial of the cayenne beating an srt-4 from a roll or stop, and with the final comments being "and thats just our SUV, come test drive the rest of our lineup at a porsche dealer near you". But i respect how porsche and subaru have delt with it.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, so what we have are two cars that run the 1/4 mile in about the same time with a slightly higher trap going to the SRT. The SRT will pull away a bit at higher speeds, while a WRX will smoke it off the line or in low-traction situations. That's it. To make the SRT seem radically more powerful or capable is just fiction. Still, good marketing pays off.

As far as Dodge taking responsibility if someone kills himself in an SRT drag-racing: they shouldn't take any responsibility. I guess we aren't responsible for what we do anymore. Hence the deluge of lawsuits and proliferation of trial lawyers, I guess. When I spun out and wrecked a few years ago, I think I remember seeing a race series on Speedvision in the previous week with a mostly stock Integra driving fast. Damn, they made me drive too fast; I should have sued them when I had the chance.

Edit: good example with the Porsche/Durango commercial. There's always going to be a large group of idiots out there who'll believe that the Dodge was faster. I'd rather be in the know about things instead of falling for cheesy, but effective advertising.
    Last edited by Integra96; 04-27-2003 at 10:21 AM.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

man the wrx looked so good, even if it got beat. Nice wheels and a body kit totally change the way the car looks. Anybody got an idea as to what exhaust was on the rex?? Sounded mean
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

that video was awsome!! the WRB WRX looked sweet... sounded mean too. that video had some great shots in it, the SRT4 looks nice in it too. good find.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

SRT-4 Owns Us All..

... well at least according to Dodge and their little commercial video. Download this video, I can't believe they made that, what a diss. I hope this isn't a repost.

http://66.250.27.80/download/movieh.wmv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.