SRT-4 Owns Us All.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 Owns Us All.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02 can't wait to hear what srtforums have to say. "o man the srt-4 beat an STI ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    can't wait to hear what srtforums have to say.

"o man the srt-4 beat an STI STOCK for STOCK fastest car evar"

bahahha
    My point exactly..

Ah well... let them think what they like, eh?
    2010 SSM STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is a thread about this in nasioc's OT forum. It is actually a members car over there, he posts close to the bottom of the first page.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=351678

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by thechickencow
    There is a thread about this in nasioc's OT forum. It is actually a members car over there, he posts close to the bottom of the first page.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=351678

Nice find!
    -----------------------------
    Owner = TigerStyle:

"Ok, that was my car that they used in the video. I had no idea what the shoot was actually for until after I agreed to lend my car. Otherwise I might have thought twice about it.
    But you guys do know that the video is fictional. Of course they're gonna have my car lose to the dodge, they're the ones filming the thing.

Handsdown- don't worry, I spent money on go fast parts as well as looks, but it didn't matter for the shoot. My WRX was going to lose either way. After I picked up my car they were asking me what kind of mods I've done(one production guy didn't even know what a boost control was for). All they had to do was pop the hood and look around, but I don't think they knew what they were looking at. The only problem they said they came across was that my car was too fast.

But like Tommy3rd said, Hollywood can make any car beat a F1 race car with some editing and special effects. Can you believe that 5 minute clip took 3 days to film ."

----------------------------------------

Wait a tick! Let me upload my video of my WRX opening up a can of whoop-ass on a 2003 Porsche Turbo. And....I launched in 3rd gear!
    2010 SSM STI

thats acutally a cool vid and its kinda cool that dodge kept it somewhat realistic. i mean the wrx did beat the srt-4 out of the hole it wasn't all fast and furious unrealistic u know? it looks like that was shot in old town riverside. i don't think that car was an sti though...it has some sti styling, but doubt it was real sti.

ok, would anyone be interested in some actual real unbiased video of WRX vs. SRT4???

I have several races on video of me against an SRT4 at the drag strip from Thursday. The Srt4 has a boost controller. And i'm turboxs stg2, but i have a leaking inlet hose and my up-pipe isn't properly sealed?

If there's demand i'll go through the whole process of downloading it onto my comp. and cutting it. Then i just need a host..?
    autobahn storming scooby

That would be COOL! i say find the man a host!

I thought that video was fun to watch. It may seem on the exterior that they are knockin the WRX but in truth, they know it's great competition. Thats the reason they put it in the vid to begin with. Ut's a nice little vid if it was posted on some independent site but to be available straight through Dodge is kinda lame. There's a host of other ill conceived ideas within that vid that their targeted demographics are not yet ready to absorb.
    04 SVT Lightning

Now remember, the WRX and SRT-4 are marketed toward the exact same demograghic. Just compare this SRT-4 video with the newest WRX commercial and you'll see. It's like you're seeing double.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

yeah post it i have stage 2 also and i would like the comparison

I don't see how anyone can get bent out of shape with that video! That video kicked major butt! Oh man, I was loving that one a lot more than those bmwfilms. It was filmed really well, right from the beginning. I really liked the camera angles when he walked to the phone, and when he saw the keys. And the race was exciting. That's a great bit of advertising if you ask me. I could care less that he smoked a Subaru, and actually I like that he smoked a Subaru. They know who their competition is! If you ask me, using a Subaru is like giving respect to the WRX. Of course the WRX is not going to win the race, but who cares? It's a commerical, not meant to show how much faster the car is. Heck, not like the WRX i spriced below 20gs anyways...

Wicked find though, glad someone brought that vid to my attention!

Originally posted by koyokid
    Now remember, the WRX and SRT-4 are marketed toward the exact same demograghic. Just compare this SRT-4 video with the newest WRX commercial and you'll see. It's like you're seeing double.
    Hey man I dont know if those roll eyes were for me or what but I never said they were different. I do agree with you, they are the same demographic and I thought the Subaru commercial of the two fruits driving aggressively whithout looking at the road was bad enough. This doesnt even tread around street racing, this blatantly illustrates it. And its not like im against street racing since I come to this forum. Im just saying Subaru, Dodge, whatever company needs to be careful with the messages it sends. Many people are really dumb and im pretty sure theres gonna be a lot of dumb kids buying this car. Remember how kids were wreckin their WRXs cause of AWD superiority LOL
    04 SVT Lightning

WRX
    omg, that video SUCKED! I hated how they panned around the neon in such a way that it would give any 16 year old ricer a b0ner. Boooooo!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Hey man I dont know if those roll eyes were for me or what but I never said they were different. I do agree with you, they are the same demographic and I thought the Subaru commercial of the two fruits driving aggressively whithout looking at the road was bad enough. This doesnt even tread around street racing, this blatantly illustrates it. And its not like im against street racing since I come to this forum. Im just saying Subaru, Dodge, whatever company needs to be careful with the messages it sends. Many people are really dumb.
    I assure you, the rolleyes were not meant for you. Just something you said reminded me of an earlier conversation.

My point is, you can clearly see that the intended audience is much different for these cars. This SRT-4 spot puts the SRT-4 in some wiggy hoozike F&F spotlight, where the Subaru ads (even the "This is my favorite part" one) take it from a driving enthusiast point of view.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

F&F 2 inspired......Please post the videos that you have from the track Black Shadow.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Kudos to Dodge, they know their audience and target market and are catering to them. Don't we want Subaru to do the same for us? (Know what we want and cater to us? )

Man, I thought it was gonna be a serious race vid when I read the first post. It's nothing but an ad though, and shows some respect by not having the other drive be a jerk. (Although it would have been better to show him just giving a nod before driving off.) It was fun to watch and well put-together. If I was in that demographic, it would make me want to buy an srt-4.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast