Raced a new EVO VIII yesterday...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a new EVO VIII yesterday... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I will make this as short as possible for all of you. I just got my WRX 3 weeks ...

Raced a new EVO VIII yesterday...

Well I will make this as short as possible for all of you. I just got my WRX 3 weeks ago, so I'm not completely used to it yet. I was pulling onto the highway yesterday on the way to work and I saw a black WRX with at least an exhaust. I pulled up next to him to see if he would run, but he didn't so I just kept at my highway pace. About a half a mile later I see a white car start coming up behind me pretty fast, I realized right away that it was a new EVO VIII. It looked like he was trying to get the black WRX to run but he still wouldn't run him either so he zipped up behind me. Once we got to an open spot he changed lanes and got beside me and hit the gas. Believe it or not I pulled on him, and we did one more run and I pulled on him again. I was feeling pretty good since I am stock except for a BOV. He pulled up to me again and this time he had his window down. We raced one more time but this time he pulled on my HARD. I think he got a little head start, but he still would have beaten me by a few cars lengths. I think he must have had his A/C on the first 2 runs that I pulled on him. He also had a passenger in his car. But after he beat me I pulled up beside him and gave him a thumbs up and he did the same back. He was also really checking out my car. He probably thinks I have more done than just my BOV. Hope you enjoyed my long story.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

naw that can't be right.... he must have been trying in like 5th gear... ok maybe not 5th, but like 4th..

SBW
    yeah something does not compute here. Who knows what happened the first two times, but the last race where he pulled sounds about right.

Just make sure the next time you see him, you've got a big turbo and grin waiting for him.

AC wouldnt tap that much hp for you to pull on him the first 2 times... its gotta be something else?
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    AC wouldnt tap that much hp for you to pull on him the first 2 times... its gotta be something else?
    I bet he was in the wrong gear.

edit: oops someone already said that. But thats got to be it.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Originally posted by JRod
    I bet he was in the wrong gear.

edit: oops someone already said that. But thats got to be it.
    For sure! Im thinkin the guy (EVO) knew he would pull on the wrx no doubt, but just wanted to see if he could do it in a lower gear. Kinda testing the waters per say.
    04 SVT Lightning

Yeah an EVO would just walk on an stock wrx, he was probably in an tall gear etc.

My freind did that to me the other night, his car traps at 109mph(stock AMG CLK32), and we went off an third gear roll and he couldn't pull on me up to like 110mph.. I was like wow my car is running well today haha, but he said he was trying to race me without having the auto tranny downshift(but it kept on doing it anyway he said)

We slowed down and raced from an second gear roll, and I hung with him through second gear, but after that he pulled away in a hurry!

Yeah, I don't know what it was, but it was fun anyway. I'm just happy he was cool.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

nah, you all got it wrong...what you didnt see were the 2 300lb people that jumped out of the rear door.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.