Big bad biker vs Stage 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Big bad biker vs Stage 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I thought this story was pretty funny, On my way to work this morning this hard core biker type (leather ...

Big bad biker vs Stage 4

I thought this story was pretty funny,

On my way to work this morning this hard core biker type (leather vest, long hair, Harley Davison Motorcycle, etc) gets on my bumber. So I down shift into second and punch it, and I slowly pull ahead of him and politely move over. He then races by me. I was like Ok, he must be in a hurry.

Well he happens to get caught at the next light. So I slowly pull up next to him at the light. He is consantly revving his engine at me. That bike is so loud I can't even hear my WRX. He just keeps doing it, over and over, revving his engine, making a ton of noise.

So I said what the heck. Right when the light turned green I drop the hammer at about 4k and jump out in front of him by about 1-2 cars. I was waiting for him to reel me in but he couldn't. I slammed 2nd gear and he was still a good 2 cars/4 bikes back. I then slamed it into 3rd and he was still a good 1-2cars/3 bikes behind me. I wasn't going to let off until he gave up and he did. At about 90mph with my WRX a good 2 cars in front he gives up. Sweet victory against the biker.

I slowed down and he comes up along side of me. I look over at him and I give him a smile and a wave and he doesn't even look at me. He pretends like he can't see me. It figures. Getting beat by a little blue Subaru had to be hard on his biker reputation.

I don't know what model bike it was but it was very new and looked nice. Either the biker was to heavy or that model bike isn't that fast. He couldn't pull on me at all up to 90mph.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

way to put the smack down on those bikers. You know, its funny cars get pulled over for loud mufflers when these harley riders blast away all day and the cops dont even flinch.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

jt2

Re: Big bad biker vs Stage 4

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Harley...

I slowed down and he comes up along side of me. I look over at him and I give him a smile and a wave and he doesn't even look at me. He pretends like he can't see me. It figures. Getting beat by a little blue Subaru had to be hard on his biker reputation.

It's a "Harley Thing". They won't wave at any but their own kind, generally. Most motorcyclists (as opposed to bikers) will give a quick wave to each other most of the time, but not the Harley "true believers”. Actually, more’n likely you caused his dingus to shrink to almost un-measurable size, and he was busy contemplating the long term effects of that.

Here’s a little Harley poem for you:

Harley, Harley, made of chrome,
    Drive them out, then push them home-
    Take them out and cruise for chicks,
    The men who drive them have tiny ****s-
    Farm equipment in disguise,
    Sold by salesmen telling lies-
    "Want to look tough, be a stud?
    Then buy a Harley piece of crud-
    Take them out and cruise the roads,
    Packin' broads that look like toads,
    Leaking oil on all our streets,
    Hassling all the folks he meets,
    The Harley man is macho king,
    Chains and leather, that sort of thing-
    So, drink your beer and shoot your dope,
    Would I own a Harley? NOPE.

ROFLOL!! That's a great poem, I grew up around bikes, but that is absolutely hilarious!
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Hehe good poem. I raced a Harley this weekend too. He didn't look over afterwards either, must be a Harley thing. Harleys, for the most part, aren't that fast, mid - high 13's or so.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

I came tearing around a twisty road corner yesterday when it was nice and sunny out, and scared the beejesus out of a group of bikers. They were coming the other way and I can imagine the surprise on their faces as this blue car whips into view, back end out slightly. The lead biker actually motioned for me to slow down He must've thought I might scare the fat b*tch off the back of his bike.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

The average Harley-ish bike runs in the 14s - you had him easily.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Nice kill, harleys are ass.

dbx

R1 All the way..

R1 all the way!

i just took my busa out of storage after months of sitting around and i've been seeing a lot of hd's on the road. the poem above describes most of the owners perfectly. i normally try to give a quick wave to most bikers, but hd riders rarely wave back.

good kill.

As a long time, multi brand motorcycle owner, I could easily go into a defensive POS Jap crap mode on this subject, but as with most things in life, there is good and bad in everything. Personally, I usually don’t wave to anybody as I could give a monkey’s arse about what you ride, drive or push. You ride a V-Max, V-Rod, R1, Honda Trail 90 or a Vespa? Great, glad to see you’re in the wind. You have a WRB WRX with a DIY “headlight mod” and a carbon fiber trunk, man you’re the coolest. Welcome to the club. When was the last time a WRX internet boys club or a C5 owners club do an event like the Love Ride in So.Ca. that generated tens of thousands of dollars for charity? Or a joint toys for tots event with the U.S.M.C. that collected toys for thousands of kids? You can get back to me on that one. Some of the biggest clowns I see on the road are punk a$$ kids in a Honda Civic with fart cans, (a well tuned Harley sounds better than that crap any day), cut springs, rubbing tires and B-52 wings. Let us not forget earrings in both ears and frosted hair. Yuppies in their 540’s run a close second. Would you guys like to be lumped in with them boyz? No more than I would like to be lumped in to a 40 year old stereotypical biker image. Maybe I am lucky as I have Japanese sport bike riders come up to me all the time and say how much they like my Harley, and the fact I look more like a cop than biker trash. Harley’s are ass? Why has every Japanese manufacture gone to exceptional lengths to copy Harley’s? Cause everyone likes a nice ass I guess…

Loud Pipes Save Lives.
    Last edited by JTREX; 04-29-2003 at 11:04 AM.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

JTREX OWNZ.

-Jim

jt2
    True that clowns come in every group, and it is all fine and dandy that they do charity work, but think about why that is possible for a moment… Most other riders simply own and ride the machine and don’t feel the need to make it part of their identity – the very justification you use for not waving, ironically.

Harley owners on the other hand, for the most part, buy into the “lifestyle”. Which is why HDUSA makes more from branding and logo merchandise than the actual bikes themselves. There is no such corresponding monolithic set of groupies for other types of bikes. Most other people contribute to charity in their own ways, and don’t need the PR campaign that goes with it.

The blind Harley culture is why HDs, up until the V-Rod, stagnated in 1950’s technology. Chumps bought their dreck just to be part of the scene, image, lifestyle, whatever. They didn’t improve their product because they simply didn’t have to. Competition from the Japanese is the only reason they’re just now coming out of the dark ages. Of course, they still design their stuff backwards, style and sound first, so they’ll always be second-rate machinery.

Originally posted by JTREX
    As a long time, multi brand motorcycle owner, I could easily go into a defensive POS Jap crap mode on this subject, but as with most things in life, there is good and bad in everything. Personally, I usually don’t wave to anybody as I could give a monkey’s arse about what you ride, drive or push. You ride a V-Max, V-Rod, R1, Honda Trail 90 or a Vespa? Great, glad to see you’re in the wind. You have a WRB WRX with a DIY “headlight mod” and a carbon fiber trunk, man you’re the coolest. Welcome to the club. When was the last time a WRX internet boys club or a C5 owners club do an event like the Love Ride in So.Ca. that generated tens of thousands of dollars for charity? Or a joint toys for tots event with the U.S.M.C. that collected toys for thousands of kids? You can get back to me on that one. Some of the biggest clowns I see on the road are punk a$$ kids in a Honda Civic with fart cans, (a well tuned Harley sounds better than that crap any day), cut springs, rubbing tires and B-52 wings. Let us not forget earrings in both ears and frosted hair. Yuppies in their 540’s run a close second. Would you guys like to be lumped in with them boyz? No more than I would like to be lumped in to a 40 year old stereotypical biker image. Maybe I am lucky as I have Japanese sport bike riders come up to me all the time and say how much they like my Harley, and the fact I look more like a cop than biker trash. Harley’s are ass? Why has every Japanese manufacture gone to exceptional lengths to copy Harley’s? Cause everyone likes a nice ass I guess…

Loud Pipes Save Lives.

I guess it comes down to this... Harley owners subscribe to a way of thinking that I just don't happen to agree with. Harley's empahsize the " Look and sound" over performance. It has nothing to do with Harley owners, although most I run into are very caught up in the fact that they own a Harley and you don't. I'm not a cruising type of personality I guess. Hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm pretty sure the "Harley's are Ass" statement was directed towards Harley's performance, which is a true statement (they are slow pigs for a bike). At least thats the way I took it.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

I suppose there is some PR value to the events that Harley loyalist partake in, and it’s probably safe to say the PR is aimed at all people that hold on to that one image, that big bad ass biker they all fear and loath. Now if there was only someway to attain the fine image the street racing fast and furious crowd has created, and that is so widely loved by so many people. And of course that F&F lifestyle so many strive to attain. (dude, pull up yer pants!)

Competition from the Japanese, well since the mid 1980’s (introduction of the Evolution motor and belt drive, hmm… almost 20 years ago) Harley has owned 60% plus (that equals more than everyone else combined) of the American market of bikes over 850 cc. How many Japanese knock-off’s to the Harley have come out since the mid 1980’s to compete with the Harley Davidson? More than I care to take a guess at. And if a twin-cam fuel injected V-twin is the dark ages, the people at Ducati might have something to say about that.

Every year me and 4-5 of my friends do Laconia bike week in New Hampshire. All of them ride Japanese bikes. (I am not prejudice, I hate everybody) And every year one of their bikes breaks down. My buddy’s V-Max will run 10’s in the quarter, but he holds his breath the whole way to Laconia. Gary’s GSXR, a 20 min. ride in the rain friggin’ knocked it dead. Mine? 10 years and 30,000 miles and it has never broken down and I have never been left stranded my stylin’ loud ass Harley. But the best part, I could sell it tomorrow for more than I paid for it. Now in the world of vehicles, that is truly backwards.
    Last edited by JTREX; 04-29-2003 at 01:35 PM.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.