Big bad biker vs Stage 4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Big bad biker vs Stage 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; L.O.L!! I own and have owned H-D and many other bikes. I have run with Outlaws and Posers. I have ...

L.O.L!!

I own and have owned H-D and many other bikes.

I have run with Outlaws and Posers.

I have a WRX and Deuce

I ride my $25000 "Lawnmower" cause I like it.

I park em right next to each other and they get along fine

Shotgun (TC88)

Miss my EVO and Shovel though

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

JTREX, cool beans. I said Harleys were ass, not their riders.
    They are pretty lousy mechanically. 1920's technology level. I'm an ME and that's how we view the world.

Funked,

If you werent so biased you would know that H-Ds TC88 engine is made with the help of German engineering

Not all H-D riders are asses,........Try gettin a Goldwing rider to wave!...............LOL!!

Shotgun

Goldwing rider!?! they wouldn't be able to tell between you and the DVD playing in their helmet with full on surround sound or the wail of the A/C... I swear those things are 2 wheeled Benz's.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

STI,

Yepper!, I borrowed one from a nieghber once and was pushing it backwards and havin a hard time doing it.

He said "just put it in reverse"....................Sure enough!!

Really HAD reverse

Now THAT is when I would quit ridin,........geez

Shotgun

Ike
    I live in Milwaukee and some Harley guy who is really an accountant I'm sure will be paying $1500 to use my spare room for the weekend this summer. Just think of the goodies my new rex will get with that 1500. Yup, Harley guys are alright in my book. Though the bastards do need to tone down the exaust a bit summertime in Milwaukee sure can be lousy

Originally posted by Ike
    I live in Milwaukee and some Harley guy who is really an accountant I'm sure will be paying $1500 to use my spare room for the weekend this summer. Just think of the goodies my new rex will get with that 1500. Yup, Harley guys are alright in my book. Though the bastards do need to tone down the exaust a bit summertime in Milwaukee sure can be lousy
    And you have the 100th anniversary this summer as well. Have fun!
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

JTREX, I have a question about your statement that loud pipes save lives. I've heard that, but never had any "evidence" to back that up other than statements made by my H-D riding friends. It doesn't seem to me that loud pipes that face away from where you're going would help with cages in front of you. It seems like the more mainstream motorcycle magazines have come to the opposite conclusion, in that loud pipes don't help and in fact they hurt the majority of motorcyclists image with the general (non-riding) public.

I've ridden bikes my whole life, so no H-D bias, but just want your thoughts. Ride safe.

jt2
    I'm not JTREX, but I'll take a stab at it. I've ridden both loud and quiet bikes, and have noticed a marked difference in the frequency of cagers not "seeing" you and changing lanes into you.

That is not to say that I think it's cool to put on straight pipes that make your ears bleed. But slightly loud helps, from my unscientific observation.

Originally posted by Opazone
    JTREX, It doesn't seem to me that loud pipes that face away from where you're going would help with cages in front of you.
    Scientific studies have shown that the ability of the human ear to hear sounds while the driver has their head inserted completely up their arse is decreased by as much as 75%. In order to over come this dramatic audible noise reduction, it has been shown that sounds over 105db are sufficient to penetrate through the sound dampening and reach the drivers typically empty skull.

But seriously, the typical excuse for cagers hitting people on bikes is that they did not see them. As I approach a busy intersection an increase in the volume of my bike is always an attention getter and makes people look around. As well, there are many driveways leading onto the back country roads that I ride. And in the morning on the way to work many people have their heads where the donít shine (see scientific study above) and they can hear me coming a mile away.

I rarely travel past the speed of sound (slow Harley ya know) so the sound does get there B4 me.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

While you were talking I knocked over your Harley.

I sorta agree that a louder bike is safer for the biker. I have a friend in my track club who owned a Ninja and was driving home(north) one day, travelling about 70 km/hr(44mph) in a 70 zone. Some idiot car(coming from the west, driving east) decides to turn left onto this road without looking. At the last second, his front sticks out and my biker friend hits the car. My buddy got extremely lucky and had nothing more than a hurt ankle and a little road rash. And the car just drove away, it didn't even stop to see if he was ok

Since the neon green bike in the middle of the day wasn't enough to notice, maybe a loud-ass exaust would help.

Now I'm afraid to ride a bike.
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12