Mustang show i was at
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang show i was at within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok as i'm sure 99% of u know i'm a huge mustang fan. Mustang is by far my favorite car ...

Mustang show i was at

ok as i'm sure 99% of u know i'm a huge mustang fan. Mustang is by far my favorite car (sorry scoobie) well anyways i'm not sure any of you know but Mustangs Unlimited is a parts dealer for all year mustangs. They have a few shops around the US. well i live in Mass real close to the one in CT. I've been to every MU show for a ton of years. So this year i went and it was a dismal turnout because of the threat for rain. Anyways i was with a buddy of mine and his show winning 92 Vert GT, glance my head right and what do i see but my dream car. My wet dream reality!!!

can anyone guess what it was?? Nope not a roush, not a saleen, not a mach1, not a standard ol cobra....something better....something that makes me tingle inside...
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

behold the Cobra R
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cobrar.jpg  
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

oo my god it's sweet and it's real no clone here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cobrar(2).jpg  
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

OMFG that car is so F sweet i can't stop staring at it!!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

So you're an expert, eh? Tell me where the hell I can find a 2003 Mach 1. I would seriously consider trading my WRX for one of those.

How much are they, anyway?
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    So you're an expert, eh? Tell me where the hell I can find a 2003 Mach 1. I would seriously consider trading my WRX for one of those.

How much are they, anyway?
    they very from state to state u can only find them at SVT dealerships. for a list go to the ford website and search for SVT dealerships. now the mach 1 around here are invoicing for like 28ish and selling for around 30ish. they just arrived at the local SVT dealership here April 10th. THere was a blue one at the show i can find pics for u if u want.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Are you sure it wasn't a Cobra or something? It's got nowhere near as much HP, so why would it cost as much?
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

BTD1E: mustangs are gay
    SpeedRacerWRX02: OMG!
    SpeedRacerWRX02: shut ur mouth

ben loves his mustangs.
    Last edited by Mili727; 04-27-2003 at 09:43 PM.

interestingly enough, isnt the same exact engine from the svt cobra r in the new mach 1? i think the power figures are like this: 305hp at 5800 and 320lbs at 4200. oh and two words, "SHAKER HOOD"!!!!! oh i love it. compared to the svt cobra, it is a lot less power (i think the svt rounds out at about 390 lbs and hp) but the SHAKER!!! so cool. are there any for wrx's?
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Are you sure it wasn't a Cobra or something? It's got nowhere near as much HP, so why would it cost as much?
    na he had all the paperwork and crap to document it. Unfortunatly it was bone stock. he had various timeslips. one was low 13 terrible traction another was low 12s i think that was with slicks.....crazy...they are so rare....only a few thousand made. they made them in 1995 and 2000
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by Mr Kooyulator
    interestingly enough, isnt the same exact engine from the svt cobra r in the new mach 1? i think the power figures are like this: 305hp at 5800 and 320lbs at 4200. oh and two words, "SHAKER HOOD"!!!!! oh i love it. compared to the svt cobra, it is a lot less power (i think the svt rounds out at about 390 lbs and hp) but the SHAKER!!! so cool. are there any for wrx's?
    actually i believe the new Mach1 motors are detuned 03 cobra motors.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    na he had all the paperwork and crap to document it. Unfortunatly it was bone stock. he had various timeslips. one was low 13 terrible traction another was low 12s i think that was with slicks.....crazy...they are so rare....only a few thousand made. they made them in 1995 and 2000
    No, I mean are you sure the 30k Mach 1's you were talking about weren't Cobras or GT's or something? 305HP shouldn't cost that much.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

No, I mean are you sure the 30k Mach 1's you were talking about weren't Cobras or GT's or something? 305HP shouldn't cost that much.
    ur buying more the legend of the MACH1, it's a collectors car. Just like the Bullitt mustang in 00. That was just like 5hp more and some different gauges and what not and it was a little more then the GT.

here is the link around here it says the TMV is 27. since they just came in dealer markup is pretty good and since they are only SVT vehicles to. i'm sure u can get them for around this.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/ford...table..1.Ford*

EDIT FORGOT TO ADD

the mach1 u can't mistake for a cobra or a GT..shaker hood and mach 1 down the side and on the gauges. UNmistakeable
    Last edited by CustomS10; 04-27-2003 at 10:01 PM.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

SpeedRacer is correct, the Mach 1 has the Corbra engine in it, without the s/c

the cobra r's were nice, but you paid so much money for a car that can get beaten by the 03 cobra and has no A/C! but still, its a rare find.
    my fav. mustangs are the fox body styles... i really want an 88 5.0 Hatchback with t-tops or a 93 cobra...
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast