6 Encounters Tonight

This is a discussion on 6 Encounters Tonight within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 3 of us decided to take a stroll down Barrett Pkwy tonight since one of the guys is new to ...

6 Encounters Tonight

3 of us decided to take a stroll down Barrett Pkwy tonight since one of the guys is new to Georgia. We thought it was be nice to show him around and get him familiar to the "Street Racing" lingo. We decided to take the local route to Barrett Pkwy just to get the car warmed up. Not even one mile form my house the "Encounters" started. Remember there are 3 adults weighing 200-220lbs each.

1. BMW Z3 files up behind me on Johnson Ferry and swerves left and right and flashes me a few times. I'm driving as normal and the Z3 finally gets to my right and passes me; while he passes me he revs. Ironically as the Z3 passes me the next light turns red. Both of us are first at the light and the Z3 revs at me so I reved back. The Z3 is so busy reving and showing off that he doesn't pay attention to the light. Light turns green and I slip and pull 2+ cars ahead and I keep on pulling. ( 1 and 0 )

2. Next we're driving down East Piedmont and a previous generation Mustang ( regular ) comes next to us at a light. Light turns green and they drive normally then suddenly take off; It turns out to be two "larger" girls. I thought it was funny so I stay in 2nd and come next to them and sit there. I waited till they decided to hit the gas because I didn't want to be unfair. Mustang hits the gas and so do I this time. I redline 2nd and 3rd around the next few turns and slow back down to the normal driving speed. The Mustang is way too many cars back. ( 2 and 0 )

3. Then a "burrito" Civic comes next to me just before 575 on Barrett Pkwy at a light. Light turns green and I drive normally then he floors it thus so do I. I pull away from him. ( 3 and 0 )

4. Then literally I hit the next light and there's this getto ride. Light turns green and the getto ride floors it and so do I; I pull on him in 2nd and it's over. ( 4 and 0 )

5. We make a few passes down Barrett and come next to a S2000 w/ a guy and his gf. Light turns green and he revs and I sit there waiting for him. I bog but kept on the gas and we both are off. He has 1/2 car length ahead of me and I pull on him through 1st and 2nd so I'm next to him and pulling. The 3 of us are waving at the two people in the S2000 and the gf looks over at me and I wave to her smiling. I shut down once in 3rd and he does a ricers flyby. ( 5 and 0 )

6. Finally an older 240SX w/ also three people come next to us and sit there. I waited for them to go first and as soon as they did and thus I also hit the gas. Once again we pulled ahead easily. ( 6 and 0 )

I haven't "street raced" in a long time. It's actually fun since I haven;t done this in a long time. Good night ... 6 and 0 ... w/ 3 people in the car and a full tank of gas. I guess my car wash and wax job today just made me stick out tonight since most people usually ignore me.
    Last edited by chuglobal; 04-26-2003 at 09:04 PM.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It was a fun night, pretty dang funny watching the S2000 boy get shown up in front of his girl.
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

Favorite Passenger Comment: I feel like we're about to go lightspeed!

i was down there tonight too, let me know nextime you guys go down.

Damn chu i thought you was MIA. Good runs. Especially the s2k.

What exactly is a "burrito" civic?

-Jim

hahahahaha... "burrito" civic

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    I got the lingo term from other people. "Burrito" are those people who put smaller tries than spec but have their tries hanging like 6in-12in outside the car wheel well.
    crab civic

Yo

It's all about the lingo ... :P
    2004 STI White/Gold

Wow, and I can't even get 1 encounter..... Everytime I pull up next to a ricer or leisurely pass them on the highway, they pretend to not even see me.

And I can't get the rednecks in their trucks or the soccor moms in their SUVs to see me either. They think my car is just another Corolla or something..... :/

Wish I knew what I was doing wrong...
    03 Evo 8
    02 WRX
    00 Civic SI
    89 5.0LX

And I don't do searches!

Just because someone floors it at a light does not necessarily means he is racing you...this happens to me all the time, I am an agressive driver, so people think im racing all the time. Then some idiot does a flyby and flashes me like he just won the indy 500. Great kills though..cant wait till I get my rex.

Thumbs up

Good job man I haven been in that many races in three months let alone one night.

i took a 350Z and a few days later i was driving around and he saw me and he comes flying out of the parking lot...i was like damn he's gonna want to go again. i look over...hot blonde in the passenger seat, he slows down and starts pointing at my car talking about how i beat him then gives me a thumbs up and drives off that made me feel good
    lambosv21

Yo

I agree since even when no one's beside me ... I usually ( 80%+ ) take off the line ( no clutch slip or drop ... normal engagement ) and try to get to 10mph+/- above the speed limit ASAP. People get mad because they think I'm racing them but on Barrett Pkwy on a Fri and Sat night it's expected; we're all just having fun.
    2004 STI White/Gold