friend with 20g DSM wants to race me..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on friend with 20g DSM wants to race me.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friend just got a 20G...hes not a close friend, hes a friend of a friend...wondering how quick those cars ...

friend with 20g DSM wants to race me..

my friend just got a 20G...hes not a close friend, hes a friend of a friend...wondering how quick those cars are?? He said the guy he bought it from told him it was a 12 second car...Do you really think its that quick?? what is a 20G?

-BobbyD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Considering that a large 16g DSM is a 12 second car with the right driver, I don't think that a 20g equipped car would have a problem running 12's.

what is a 20G
    It's a mitsubishi turbo. There are some kits just hitting the market recently for a 20g WRX kit.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Don't bet money on the race

20g's can run low 11s. They're the original "big" turbo for a DSM.

Highs 11s is easily capable without really trying. Having that turbo means the supporting mods have been done, making one fast car.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

not trying be mean , just truthful, bet him two races three weeks apart...you defintely win the second one, unless he has a fast rollback.
    Mods: TurboSpec 20g hybrid turbo, TurboSpec racing downpipe, custom 3" catback, vishnu uppipe, ported exhaust manifold, ported TGV housings, perrin intake, custom inlet pipe, greddy front mount, walbro 342 pump, perrin fuel rails, sx FPR, sx fuel filter, SSR Competition wheels, Carbon fiber hood, gauges galore inside, techedge WB O2 kit, UTEC, greddy profec b, greddy turbo timer.

1982 280zx turbo swap. Ford supercoupe intercooler. crushed stock FPR, crushed 2g dsm bov. stock 99 dodge diesel catback as intercooler piping. electric fan, and intercooler fan. best e.t. 8.22 @ 84.4 238hp 348tq

My freinds DSM Talon with a 20G turbo, runs high 11s@116mph His best is an 11.6@116 I

He has alot of other mods, but I wouldnt' doubt that an less modded DSM with an 20G could run solid 12s, low 12s
    Last edited by PaulRex; 04-26-2003 at 11:35 PM.

Originally posted by Blue02wrx
    not trying be mean , just truthful, bet him two races three weeks apart...you defintely win the second one, unless he has a fast rollback.
    So your car with a 20g will run flawlessly and a 20g DSM will fall apart? A 20g is now just the beginning for high HP DSMs. It certainly doesn't hurt its reliability and usually nets 380-400 whp.

If there are 20g kits for a WRX, someone should get Forced Performance (forcedperformance.net) to offer their Green turbo to fit a WRX. It's got incredibly fast spool, almost like stock, and supports 420+ whp.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

it's not the turbo. it's the reliablility. i was trying to be funny. i have been around dsm's for a while and how been around fast ones. my buddy's ran 7.4's in the eighth. all i am saying is that they are stupid easy to make fast but hard to keep together. some people get carried away with making them fast and don't do the easy stuff to make them last
    Mods: TurboSpec 20g hybrid turbo, TurboSpec racing downpipe, custom 3" catback, vishnu uppipe, ported exhaust manifold, ported TGV housings, perrin intake, custom inlet pipe, greddy front mount, walbro 342 pump, perrin fuel rails, sx FPR, sx fuel filter, SSR Competition wheels, Carbon fiber hood, gauges galore inside, techedge WB O2 kit, UTEC, greddy profec b, greddy turbo timer.

1982 280zx turbo swap. Ford supercoupe intercooler. crushed stock FPR, crushed 2g dsm bov. stock 99 dodge diesel catback as intercooler piping. electric fan, and intercooler fan. best e.t. 8.22 @ 84.4 238hp 348tq

Arrow well.....

My associate has a 2g eclipse with a super 20g, not even funny...
    Pulls carlengths upon carlengths...
    Christopher
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

Ive seen 16Gs take off from a roll and it can be unreal how far they go so fast. One was next to me driving ani could hear he was cruising at high RPM then floored it...it was absolutly sick.

Yup I had a GS-T walk by me at around 105-110.

Those cars can be made stupid fast for a relatively small amount of money.
    /:

My friend used to have a TSI AWD talon. He had just a boost controller set at 16psi, downpipe to full 3" exhaust and i believe that was it. His best run was 12.90 but averaged 13.40 all day.
    (also on 17" chrome rims)
    Now he sold that car, and the guy put on the 20g and did all kinds of work to it and his best run was a 13.40. So it is all in the driver and how well they know there car.

I can also tell you this, if it is a 1gen car, 91-94, tell him you want to run him from a dead stop. Unless he knows his car, he will blow out the rear end. (Guy number 2 up above broke his rear end twice before having to uprade it.)

Patrick

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.