Things car companies shouldn't advertise
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Things car companies shouldn't advertise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alot of things in car ads lately are making me wonder "what's the point?" Namely: 1. Zero-to-sixty in 6.42 seconds ...

Things car companies shouldn't advertise

Alot of things in car ads lately are making me wonder "what's the point?" Namely:

1. Zero-to-sixty in 6.42 seconds (Cadillac LS)
    Why advertise this? Anything over 6 seconds, keep it to yourself.

2. A 140-watt sound system (Mitsubishi Eclipse) Does 140 watts actually qualify as a sound system? Again, under 200+ watts, keep it to yourself.

I'm sure there's more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    "Looks fast"
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    "Looks fast"

Thats a good one!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by MidKnight
    "Looks fast"
    the commericial with the dog running into the back is a classic tho
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it's a Lincoln LS.

Well this one sucks - when Mitsubishi started advertising for the Lancer - it was the airport commercial. Something like "and a 2.0L engine to get you around fast". Hey guys, it has even less power and torque than my car - and that's saying a lot! People that know nothing of displacement or power are supposed to be impressed by "two liters", I suppose.

There needs to be more Jack in the Box commercials. Those are top notch every time. Chipootle!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

if only all commercials can follow what miller lite did

hehe
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by Integra96
    I People that know nothing of displacement or power are supposed to be impressed by "two liters", I suppose.
    umm...remember rally cars "only" have 2 liters

things car companies shouldn`t advertise:

blind people driving (new pontiac?)

Old commercial (7 years ago maybe) was for chevy or saturn (who cares) and the guy gets out of the car and says "..and if i forget to turn the dome light off, it does it for me! My house doesent even do that!"

...So your saying if you get out of the car and for some reason are dumb enough to leave the light on, the car shuts it off...great.
    I though that was so stupid i can still picture the dumb look on that idiots face as he got out of the car and said that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, but rally cars make power with their 2.0L engines. If you've only got 2.0L, you'd better talk about why it's worth it because of a turbo or high-revving efficiency (S2000). But the Lancer? Geez those are slow...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

WRX
    yeah the dog running into the car, and the old man yelling "slow down!" to the parked car, while the subtitles underneath says "it just looks fast"

and yeah, pontiac should've NEVER had that blind person driving, I mean wtf are they thinking.

what about that commercial where the guy was checking himself out in the reflection of the eclipse, and the two guys roll down the window and blow kisses at him. I think that was a snickers commercial, but I wouldn't want MY car being portrayed in that way.

And also how all the truck owning companies only think that white males with cowboy hats drive their trucks. Or SUV's are only driven by white female mothers. (which is mostly true lol)
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

How about way back in the day (before most of us were born) when Chevy tried to market the Nova in Mexico. For those of you don't speak Spanish, in Mexico Nova means "doesnt go." Needless to say they changed the name down there.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by WRX
    yeah the dog running into the car, and the old man yelling "slow down!" to the parked car, while the subtitles underneath says "it just looks fast"

That was the commercial for the Celica with the aero kit. I guess it goes with their company stance that "they are not out there to make the most powerful car" - according to one of their big people. Then they proved it with the Scion Bbx.

scions are *ahem* garbage on wheels. im sorry but those just bleh. whyd you mention those?! lol
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Originally posted by Mr Kooyulator
    scions are *ahem* garbage on wheels. im sorry but those just bleh. whyd you mention those?! lol
    to get that exact reaction. these are suppose to be marketed to the 16-25 year olds. i really don't get it

Anybody remember the Impala commercial of about a year ago? The one where the guy tells the salesman that his dad used to own an Impala. She goes on to say, "Well I bet his Impala didn't have 16 inch alloy wheels or a 200 hp V-6.".........lol. I hope I'm not the only one who found that funny.
    Too bad I couldn't afford a WRX, but life goes on........hopefully......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.