Things car companies shouldn't advertise - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Things car companies shouldn't advertise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was kinda thinkin with about a knock-off commercial that SNL or someone could do for the VW. You know ...

VW

I was kinda thinkin with about a knock-off commercial that SNL or someone could do for the VW. You know that "You're closer to a new VW than you think" commercial? Well since VW managed to have the most recalls of any auto manufacturer last year, I was thinkin there should be a similar commercial with busted-a$$ VW's all over and show obviously frustrated drivers..."You are closer to breakin down than you think"

This is not intended to offend any VW lovers out there, I just happen to know way too many people that bought those POS jetta's that have had problems with nearly everything..... especially electrical issues.
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Mr Kooyulator
    heres my backing for lexus. my parents had an es300, a gs400, and an rx300. the rx300 went to me. my dad also had a toyota camry to commute. as you can tell, were big fans of lexus/toyota. i have to say, japanese luxury seems to differ quite a bit from euro luxury. european cars seem to have materials that are of high quality and are very hard and solid to the touch, gives that feeling of sturdiness i suppose. they dash layout is usually very complex while looking deceivingly simple. buttons are usually all the same and tiny as well (this is from having been in many a bmw and mercedes, audi also follows this but is a bit better). in terms of build quality, audi i think tops the list. but when the players are in this league, its all pretty much the same. lexus is definitely on par with if not better than mercedes, bmw, or audi. i would even say the build quality of acura is excellent (although, acuras ARE cheaper than the competition so the materials used are a bit cheaper). in terms of ergonomics, japanese cars in general are better. toyota/lexus and honda/acura are industry leaders in terms of interior ergonomics. lexus cars use materials that are top notch just as in any euro car company (im not talking about ferarri here with alcantara roof lining and whatnot mind you) but are also incredibly supple and soft to the touch. design and attention to exterior detail are also incredibly high all across the board: bmw, audi, lexus, mercedes... etc. the bottom line is, true, lexus may not have a direct competitor for say a v12 7 series or as sl55 amg, but in most other classes, it is fair to consider the companies direct competitors. *shrugs* in the end its personal preference. in terms of value, lexus and acura seem to lead the way without compromising quality. in terms of specialized performance, euros win. it all depends on what youre looking at, and looking for. but i dont think you can so blindly bash lexus/toyota like that.

I do agree with you that the Japanese cars are built well. MUCH better than any American car could ever hope to be built. I am just saying that I thin it is STUPID for someone to think that a Lexus is different that a Toyta, or that a Acura is different than a Honda. People who think this are dumb.
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

I always get the biggest kick about bustin my friends chops....he bought an Acura Tl, and I keep asking him hows the Honda Accord, uh, I mean Acura

Originally posted by coyote73176
    I always get the biggest kick about bustin my friends chops....he bought an Acura Tl, and I keep asking him hows the Honda Accord, uh, I mean Acura
    We do the same thing with a friend of ours that bought a CLK 55 I think (one of the 55's). We ask him how the Chrysler is all the time. Ticks him off!

The ones that get me are the new Honda Civic commercials--you know the ones that ask "what will you think about when you drive a car that you don't have to think about?"

I know that they are trying to imply that they are reliable. What I get out of it is that the cars are completely boring, plain, appliance-like and absolutely so devoid of character or soul that only the lamest nonenthusiast would ever consider owning such a killjoy of an automobile.

Originally posted by daveyboy
    I know that they are trying to imply that they are reliable. What I get out of it is that the cars are completely boring, plain, appliance-like and absolutely so devoid of character or soul that only the lamest nonenthusiast would ever consider owning such a killjoy of an automobile.
    Well put and OH SO TRUE. The new civic has NO personality what-so-ever. I've driven one. It SUX. The brakes are so weak it's scary!!

-Jim

I heard on the radio today a commercial for an Audi? I believe. Anyway it starts with a salesman asking a buyer about the options he wants. Anyway the guy starts thinking and you hear in his head, should get lower lumbar support or RACK AND PINION STEERING. and the commercial goes on and on and the associate says well the new Audi? comes standard with rack and pinion steering and lowe lombar support. Dont all cars come with rack and pinion or are we still living in past? Or am I just comfused and there still are cars that dont have it?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    I heard on the radio today a commercial for an Audi? I believe. Anyway it starts with a salesman asking a buyer about the options he wants. Anyway the guy starts thinking and you hear in his head, should get lower lumbar support or RACK AND PINION STEERING. and the commercial goes on and on and the associate says well the new Audi? comes standard with rack and pinion steering and lowe lombar support. Dont all cars come with rack and pinion or are we still living in past? Or am I just comfused and there still are cars that dont have it?
    I can't think of a car that doesn't. What the hell kind of choice is that? GO WITH THE R&P!

Originally posted by daveyboy
    I know that they are trying to imply that they are reliable. What I get out of it is that the cars are completely boring, plain, appliance-like and absolutely so devoid of character or soul that only the lamest nonenthusiast would ever consider owning such a killjoy of an automobile
    HAHAHA. Great wording!

Lots of cars don't come with rack and pinion. Mercedes, for example. They all come with (IIRC) recirculating ball steering.
    2000 Forester - 2003 Cadillac CTS - 1988 Toyota Celica AllTrac - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T - 1968 Cadillac Eldorado

That commercial where the kids are rolling those POS Dodges and talk to their friend rolling in the BMW 3 series sucks pretty hard. It is funny how the Bimmer's daytime running lights are on, and not its Xenon lights. I guess if it had those lights on it would make those pieces of crap around him even loook worse. Plus, which car do you see delivering pizzas more; a BMW or a Neon? Hmmmmm. The other commercial that sucks is when Chevy tries to compare th current Impala with those from the past. GAY.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234