Things car companies shouldn't advertise - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Things car companies shouldn't advertise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The new VW engine is called a "W"8 and has really funky piston placement and (for 8 cylinders) pretty low ...

Thumbs up

The new VW engine is called a "W"8 and has really funky piston placement and (for 8 cylinders) pretty low displacement.

They did have a concept race version of the w-8 with over 800hp that was originally slated to go to Le Mans.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by WH@AVSPORT
    The new VW engine is called a "W"8 and has really funky piston placement and (for 8 cylinders) pretty low displacement.

They did have a concept race version of the w-8 with over 800hp that was originally slated to go to Le Mans.
    Don't you mean a "W-12"? Volkswagon put two of their VR6 engines together to make it.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Could be!

I thought they did a HO version of the W-8 just to show they could.

I may be wrong though!

Red face Current Chevy Ad

Am I the only one that has seen the chevy ad in Newsweek?
    It's got a picture of the tail end of a 67 or 68 Camaro with a couple of lines from a Ramones song - something like "go Camaro go..." and the Chevy tag line "We'll be there" I mean they never advertised the Camaro when they actually built them, now they hype a car you can't get even if you wanted one only to ad the stupid we'll be there line - might explain why GM is in the shape its in.

Of course it could be the 20 year old cavalier, or the grand am, or the malibu .................

tan
    Didn't Subaru compare the Legacy to a Porsche 911 at one time?

Like AWD and a flat engine?

Wait....it was the other way around

At first I didn't mind Lexus.... uh I mean Toyota, but now that they ran those series that put down BMW, Mercedes, and they even tried to put down Ferrari.

Who the hell tries to compete with Ferrari?

WHO????? ::
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

those series of adds (my bad)
    --Jared

At least the lexuseseses are in direct competition w/the BMWs and Mercedes...ferrari is quite a strech..

I Support ClubWRX
    The Caddy commercials that piss me off are the ones with their sportscar in it that they still occasionally show. They pulled the plug on that project months ago 'cause they didn't have the stones to compete with Audi!
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Thumbs up

Sweeeet avatar Jared!!

Thanks...

I wouldn't say direct competition. Maybee in the US were (I'm sorry to say) people are DUMB enough to buy a Lexus/Toyota POS when they could have gotten an amazing peice of machinery like a BMW or Mercedes (or subaru, of course).

I don't understand MOST American car buyers. How can you think that a Lexus is better than a Toyota or an Acura better a Honda??
    How can you even think that they are different??

Ok, I gotta stop, or else I might get mad...er
    --Jared

I thought the Doge one with the kids in the 4 doge cars that pull up around the pizza guy in the 3 seires BMW was very stupid.
    2002 MBP WRX

The commercial I hate the most is for the Chevy Avalanche, where this slow sloth of an idiot takes this guy's dollar ("Change for a dollar?") and converts his SUV into a pickup truck.

If that was me, I would've smacked the moron upside the head with a tire iron and beat the dollar out of him.

tk

Maybee in the US were (I'm sorry to say) people are DUMB enough to buy a Lexus/Toyota POS when they could have gotten an amazing peice of machinery like a BMW or Mercedes
    heres my backing for lexus. my parents had an es300, a gs400, and an rx300. the rx300 went to me. my dad also had a toyota camry to commute. as you can tell, were big fans of lexus/toyota. i have to say, japanese luxury seems to differ quite a bit from euro luxury. european cars seem to have materials that are of high quality and are very hard and solid to the touch, gives that feeling of sturdiness i suppose. they dash layout is usually very complex while looking deceivingly simple. buttons are usually all the same and tiny as well (this is from having been in many a bmw and mercedes, audi also follows this but is a bit better). in terms of build quality, audi i think tops the list. but when the players are in this league, its all pretty much the same. lexus is definitely on par with if not better than mercedes, bmw, or audi. i would even say the build quality of acura is excellent (although, acuras ARE cheaper than the competition so the materials used are a bit cheaper). in terms of ergonomics, japanese cars in general are better. toyota/lexus and honda/acura are industry leaders in terms of interior ergonomics. lexus cars use materials that are top notch just as in any euro car company (im not talking about ferarri here with alcantara roof lining and whatnot mind you) but are also incredibly supple and soft to the touch. design and attention to exterior detail are also incredibly high all across the board: bmw, audi, lexus, mercedes... etc. the bottom line is, true, lexus may not have a direct competitor for say a v12 7 series or as sl55 amg, but in most other classes, it is fair to consider the companies direct competitors. *shrugs* in the end its personal preference. in terms of value, lexus and acura seem to lead the way without compromising quality. in terms of specialized performance, euros win. it all depends on what youre looking at, and looking for. but i dont think you can so blindly bash lexus/toyota like that.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

WRX
    Originally posted by mofo187

Personally I like the Lexus commercial where the snow plow is behind the lexus, and the guy in the huge plow is all nervous because of the conditions, so the guy with him is saying to just stay in the tracks of the lexus. And then goes on to say how with front-wheel drive staying on the road won't be the problem or some garbage like that. Yeah, any car with front wheel drive is invincible in the snow
    actually, that was Jaguar.

[edit] I see that countless others beat me to it.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast