Things car companies shouldn't advertise - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Things car companies shouldn't advertise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i fit that age group... hmmmmmm yeah i still dont find them appealing at all. luckily for toyota, the company ...

i fit that age group... hmmmmmm yeah i still dont find them appealing at all. luckily for toyota, the company didnt take the parent name.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    Originally posted by cutlass4lfe
    Anybody remember the Impala commercial of about a year ago? The one where the guy tells the salesman that his dad used to own an Impala. She goes on to say, "Well I bet his Impala didn't have 16 inch alloy wheels or a 200 hp V-6.".........lol. I hope I'm not the only one who found that funny.
    Or Front Wheel Drive

I am surprised noone mentioned the W8 commercial, where the father pretends to drive fast while the kid races him on his bike...then goes on to say something to the effect of "just knowing that you could drive fast is enough"...or something like that

the only funny VW commercial I have ever seen was the guy spinning down the icy road trying to remember which company made the 4-motion

Coyote, the Passat commercial was a little different. I believe the saying was something like "The all new Passat comes with 270hp, but it's up to you on how to use it".

What's wrong with that? He was enjoying his car playing with his kid.... Eh whatever I suppose...

Personally I like the Lexus commercial where the snow plow is behind the lexus, and the guy in the huge plow is all nervous because of the conditions, so the guy with him is saying to just stay in the tracks of the lexus. And then goes on to say how with front-wheel drive staying on the road won't be the problem or some garbage like that. Yeah, any car with front wheel drive is invincible in the snow

The new Lincoln Comercial in which it says that their car outhandled a BMW 5-series is just stupid, I found out something really funny about this:

Turns out that the 5-series that was tested against this Lincoln is in fact a 5-series that BMW makes for Ukoslovia (sp?). It has a very small motor (because taxes there are based on egine displacement) and has tons of emissions stuff on it. It is probably the slowest BMW that BMW makes. But Lincoln thinks that they are cool or are special because they can beat it.

Also the new cadilac commercials where the car is driving through the tunnel and the fog, Just go to show how HORIBLLY BAD the drag coeficient is on those things.

The running of the bulls commercial w/ the Esclade trucks just goes to show that they really are B.S.!!!
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

Wasn't that the Jaguar X-Type commercial?

Originally posted by WH@AVSPORT
    Wasn't that the Jaguar X-Type commercial?
    Yup.

mofo187, that was a Jag X-Type commercial, as others mentioned. Those have AWD.

As far as the Cadillac commercial where the car drives through the fog and the tunnel, that's the CTS. Yeah, I'd hate to have one of those. The drag coefficient is SO bad. It's way high: 0.31. Glad I have a WRX, which is like a knife through the air with a C/D of 0.33.
    2000 Forester - 2003 Cadillac CTS - 1988 Toyota Celica AllTrac - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T - 1968 Cadillac Eldorado

the commercial with the snow plow was for a Jaguar

How about the commercial in this thread:
    SRT-4 Owns Us All..

where the guy driving the dodge neon srt-4 understeers so bad he hits a light post and kills both himself and his passenger who werent wearing their seatbelts. Oh wait, that is what WOULD HAVE happened had the movie had any basis in reality

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

[i]
    Personally I like the Lexus commercial where the snow plow is behind the lexus, and the guy in the huge plow is all nervous because of the conditions, so the guy with him is saying to just stay in the tracks of the lexus. And then goes on to say how with front-wheel drive staying on the road won't be the problem or some garbage like that. Yeah, any car with front wheel drive is invincible in the snow [/B]
    Acctually man it was a new AWD jag.

What about the Jetta commercial when the guy sees the exact car he wants and calls his wife down to check it out. He then sees a salesman and a couple coming with the keys to test drive it and he licks the door handle. I find that so funny. About the celica commercial why do they only put that body kit stuff on the GT wouldn't it make sense to put all the go fast "looking" stuff on the GTS.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

I agree on both, especially the Jetta commercial

Originally posted by TonyMS
    What about the Jetta commercial when the guy sees the exact car he wants and calls his wife down to check it out. He then sees a salesman and a couple coming with the keys to test drive it and he licks the door handle. I find that so funny. About the celica commercial why do they only put that body kit stuff on the GT wouldn't it make sense to put all the go fast "looking" stuff on the GTS.

tan
    Originally posted by jar_e_d sti
    The new Lincoln Comercial in which it says that their car outhandled a BMW 5-series is just stupid, I found out something really funny about this:

Actually Cadillac did this earlier for the STS. In fine print, it said the STS had the 17" V rated tires and the Bimmer something like 15" or 16" with H-rated tires

Originally posted by mofo187
    Coyote, the Passat commercial was a little different. I believe the saying was something like "The all new Passat comes with 270hp, but it's up to you on how to use it".
    A V8 with only 270hp is pretty sad. I mean there are a lot of 6 cyls that get that.
    mods:
    Katzkin leather seat covers
    oh...and the hot chick in the passenger seat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast