Top Speed??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Top Speed?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight i was out with a few friends, and we get heading home, its three of us in 3 dif ...

Top Speed??

Tonight i was out with a few friends, and we get heading home, its three of us in 3 dif cars. One focus and a VW not sure if its vr6 or not, but its modded. So were messin around on the highway and the friend in the vw takes off so i pursue. Anyways i pass him and i decided too do a top speed run. So i get into 5th and the speedo is pegged at 140+, with the rpm's at around 4k, i take it too about 5.5k. So im wondering what my speed was, maybe 150? Just wondering if anyone could help to figure out a rough estimate of my speed and possibly what my speed would be at redline.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

147 manual
    130 automatic

correct me if I'm wrong

I think his top speed would be higher than 147mph since he is running a much bigger snail than stock......
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I thought it was generally agreed that the top speed in a stock manual WRX is ~142. Just past the 140 mark on the Speedo. I got there once...and it just stopped climbin'
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

were you still on the stock turbo?

Cus I know that given enough power, the WRX's 5th gear will take you up to somewhere around 180mph....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: Top Speed??

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    Tonight i was out with a few friends, and we get heading home, its three of us in 3 dif cars. One focus and a VW not sure if its vr6 or not, but its modded. So were messin around on the highway and the friend in the vw takes off so i pursue. Anyways i pass him and i decided too do a top speed run. So i get into 5th and the speedo is pegged at 140+, with the rpm's at around 4k, i take it too about 5.5k. So im wondering what my speed was, maybe 150? Just wondering if anyone could help to figure out a rough estimate of my speed and possibly what my speed would be at redline.
    Asuming your overall gearing is that same as a stock car 7,000 RPM in 5th is 174 MPH, therefore 5,500 RPM would be about 137. What exact size tires are you running? This could affect the answer.

Ive got a vf22, and when i was at 4k in 5th i was pinned way past 140 and i was still pulling nicely. I only shut down becouse of traffic etc. My tires are 215/40zr18. I was guessing around 150 as well, so it can hit 180 with the stock gearing if given enough power, thats fast. Thanks for the input.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

215x40x18 tires have a circumference or 77.82" while the stock 205x55x16's have a circumference of 78.13"...not a big difference. With your setup you are actually geared a tad lower than stock. Based on this there seems to be a disconnect between your tach readings and speeds. 4k RPM in 5th should be just a tad under 100 MPH. An easy way to check all this would be to record your tach reading at an indicated 50 and 75 in 5th. You should be taching a tad over 2k RPM at 50 and a little over 3k RPM at 75. What readings are you getting? Your speed at 7k RPM in 5th should be a bit under 174.

Hey man where in Boca are you located..I live there also.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.