SRT-4 running 16psi scares away WRX

This is a discussion on SRT-4 running 16psi scares away WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just thought this was interesting reading. Over on the SRT-4 forum Turboxs has a dyno plot of a SRT-4 ...

SRT-4 running 16psi scares away WRX

I just thought this was interesting reading. Over on the SRT-4 forum Turboxs has a dyno plot of a SRT-4 using their high performance boost controller. The car definately makes impressive HP/Torque running 16 psi boost.

Nathan mentioned in another post that he ran into a WRX on the street and he roasted the tires in 2nd gear and then waited at the next light and the WRX ran the red light to keep from having to race. The impression was the WRX was to scared to line up at the light. Thats interesting coming from Turboxs/Nathan.
    He knows as well as anyone how fast WRXs can be from a dead stop (sub 4 sec 0-60mph on the street)
    He even mentioned he roasted the tires in 2nd gear. That shows the traction issues an SRT-4 has on the street.

I can't wait to line up next to a SRT-4 at a light. I just can't see a stock or modded SRT-4 getting off the line on the street without massive wheel spin.

From a roll at higher speeds we know the SRT-4 is going to be a killer. But from a stop light/dead stop a WRX is a giant killer.
    At a stop light I won't run from any car, z06 vette, Viper, and surely not an SRT-4

http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2322
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 04-25-2003 at 05:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hope I can run into one really soon.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Wow those are extremely impressive numbers from the SRT-4. I bow my hat (if I had one) to it. But like you said, the more they mod, the more traction is gonna be an issue just like any other fwd or rwd car. When your in your 11 sec STi or whatever, you can race pretty much stoplight race and beat anything

but also roasting tires in 2nd gear is cool!
    04 SVT Lightning

I've got to admit, those are some impressive #'s for just a boost controller.

What is Nathan implying there..... ?
    Last edited by WRXreX; 04-25-2003 at 06:30 PM.

A 12sec AWD car should rule the streets. There isn't much that in a stoplight to stoplight race can beat a car like that.

For $129 getting 264/290, that's a hell of a performer. Once the SRT owners start getting the LSD and upgraded suspension, we will be street monsters also, just not as quick light to light.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

I talked to Nathan at some length about the SRT-4. He has ordered some stock parts for the car and I'd expect TurboXS to be releasing some awesome parts for the car in the following year, including a UTEC for it.

I did ask him if the SRT-4 ecu was as spastic as the WRX was and he confirmed so. I then asked him if the SRT-4 ECU might have pulled some timing after that dyno run and he stated that it had. I'll ask him some more questions next time I speak to him.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Those are very good numbers powertrain exploading numbers I am a dodge tech at a local dealer and I have driven & taken classes on the srt4 I am telling you dodge will see to those who mod and blow up, Trust me! I know that set up very well so I will be laughing when i race one and it blows up wow $4000 plus to fix most will wish they spent it on getting and all together better car by the way my dealer sells subaru's as well.I had a long time to choose .I am glad I picked wrx

p.s. if you want to blow up on dodges tab stay with mopar up grades it's the safest way

Originally posted by wrxtrme
    Those are very good numbers powertrain exploading numbers I am a dodge tech at a local dealer and I have driven & taken classes on the srt4 I am telling you dodge will see to those who mod and blow up, Trust me! I know that set up very well so I will be laughing when i race one and it blows up wow $4000 plus to fix most will wish they spent it on getting and all together better car by the way my dealer sells subaru's as well.I had a long time to choose .I am glad I picked wrx

p.s. if you want to blow up on dodges tab stay with mopar up grades it's the safest way
    Can you tell us some examples? What happen to the cars? What broke and how much power/mods?

I think the SRT-4 is great... although making an assumption the WRX was "scared" is interesting. I don't bother trying to race 75% of the people looking to go on the street because I feel street racing is reckless unless the road is completely empty. I guess some of those people must think I'm "scared'... ahh well, whatever...
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Re: SRT-4 running 16psi scares away WRX

I can't wait to line up next to a SRT-4 at a light. I just can't see a stock or modded SRT-4 getting off the line on the street without massive wheel spin.

From a roll at higher speeds we know the SRT-4 is going to be a killer. But from a stop light/dead stop a WRX is a giant killer.
    At a stop light I won't run from any car, z06 vette, Viper, and surely not an SRT-4

http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2322 [/B]
    yeah. u may not have to wait to find one though. check out this video on dodge's website that puts the srt-4 up against a srt-4 straight up. sounds like we're being called out.

www.dodge.com/srt-4

I only hope that the owners of these cars won't be ****s about it. Sure, after 3rd gear I'll be owned, but I don't think I'll ever go faster than that. A good race with an srt-4 would be we race, I rum him to 90 (he may keep even or even pull ahead) I stop, he eventually stops, pulls back, and we give eachother the thumbs up. No hazards, no "OMG I 0wn3d U! U sux!"

I'm not too confident on the last part.
    - Capt Crunch

Ill race anything that wants to race me...even a 10sec viper... as i have raced a 10 sec viper and i even got respect from him for my launch and my willingness to run a race i couldent win...

sometimes its not about winning and more about getting to see the other car run... watching a 10 sec viper fly by you just a sec or two after the launch is pretty awesome!
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

WOW! This one came back from a deep grave.

On the other hand, I rarely have anyone lining up against me so I don't street race that much.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034