American Bike vs. Japanese Car

This is a discussion on American Bike vs. Japanese Car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy has a 95 HD sportster 1200, and he wants to give the rex a run. I think he's ...

American Bike vs. Japanese Car

My buddy has a 95 HD sportster 1200, and he wants to give the rex a run. I think he's got me cause, well i dont have many mods. I know those bikes make like 55 horse to the rear wheel and weigh 500lbs. We both think that the bike would win. But im curious as to how fast a sportster really is??

All i have is the 3/16th restrictor mod, K&N, and good ol Mobil 1 with 11K on the odometer. Am i in for an @ss-kickin, or can i hang? Your thoughts please?
    2003 Black Sedan
    M/T

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you know how to drive, you should be able to smoke him...

If you push the car with a friend it would be a pretty even race.
    This is a Hardley-Running-Davidson you are talking about.

I smoked a harley davidson from about 50 - 125 or so. I am totally stock.

My wife and I were on the interstate and traffic was being bogged down by a bunch of putzers on their way to church or sunday morning brunch. The highway was clear for as far as the eye could see in front of the putzers.

We had the windows down and were listening to the radio. I am in the far left lane and I see this harley come screamin up my butt like I am not there. Well the car in front of inches forward just to the point that I can just squeeze to the middle lane so I can start running normal+ highway speeds. Luckily the highway was clear. Well the dork on the hog thinks he could beat me in changing lanes. WRONG. I guess that upset him a little so he tried to pass me. I didn't let that happen either. He hung at my rear fender until about 100 and then he started falling back. I looked in the rearview at about 125 and he was a good 8 or 10 car lengths back.

By this time there was traffic up ahead so I had to slow down and the highway was splitting soon and I needed to get in the left lane to exit. Mr. harley finally catches up, passes and does a real nice mono digital salute with both hands. I smile and wave, my wife smiles and waves he just yells f--- you.

Now the funny part, he is paying so much attention to me that he almost nails the car that was in front of him. So my wife and I laughed and pointed at him. We took our exit to the left and he went to the right.

For as loud as that bike was he should have been able to pass me. Oh well, I'm sure he won't admit to being beaten by a japanese car.

Ive beaten many bikes in both my TTZ and the WRX..

If the bike is a "sport" bike like a Gixer or a R1.. your toast...