Audi A4 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Audi A4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Stock S4 is a low 14 second car. They have about the same power/weight ratio as a stock wrx. I ...

Stock S4 is a low 14 second car. They have about the same power/weight ratio as a stock wrx.

I believe a stock wrx can take an s4. But I may be wrong.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

from a stop the wrx may be able to launch higher from a roll like 60 the S4 all the way even after 80 from a stop the s4 will take it the higher the speed the more it will pull
    Lowend wrx=lowend S4
    High end wrx < high end S4

i used to have and S4 they were fast but faster at high end.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

My Dad has a new S4, and even when my STi was stock, I would've eaten his lunch every day...not much comparison. It's a much nicer car than my Subie, but nowhere near as fast.

The only mods he has done now are the Milltek catback and a chip, which make it a little quicker, but nothing huge. I'm trying to convince him to buy it when the lease expires and hopefully by then a turbo kit will be out for it...then it would be time to look out

Turbocharged V8 S4 = a helluva lotta fun
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

Originally posted by 2004JadeSTi
    My Dad has a new S4, and even when my STi was stock, I would've eaten his lunch every day...not much comparison. It's a much nicer car than my Subie, but nowhere near as fast.

The only mods he has done now are the Milltek catback and a chip, which make it a little quicker, but nothing huge. I'm trying to convince him to buy it when the lease expires and hopefully by then a turbo kit will be out for it...then it would be time to look out

Turbocharged V8 S4 = a helluva lotta fun
    I was under the impression that a new S4 could run mid 13s..how exactly is that no comparison to a stock STI?

Maybe I'm off base, but I know an E46 M3 runs low 13s and S4's are made to compete with M3's, but are usually slightly slower due to the weight disadvantage.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    I was under the impression that a new S4 could run mid 13s..how exactly is that no comparison to a stock STI?

Maybe I'm off base, but I know an E46 M3 runs low 13s and S4's are made to compete with M3's, but are usually slightly slower due to the weight disadvantage.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Bone stock, my STi ran a 13.2 quarter mile, with the previous owner driving.

My dad has never taken the S4 to the track or anything, but having driven it myself, and judging by my SOTP meter, when the STi was stock, it was definitely faster. If I had to guess a time that the S4 would run stock it would be high 13s, but I guess a mid-13 might be possible.

It's a pretty heavy car, which is one of its biggest hindrances. S4's are made to compete with the M-series, but for the most part, they just don't compare. Now if you get into the RS6 and RS4, then it's a different story.

For the most part, Europe gets the good stuff, the US gets crap. But the RS6 is now available stateside.

A new S4 vs Sti both stock from a stop will probably be close but after 60 or 80 the S4 will take it no doubt a STi traps 101-102 and S4 traps 104-105 but according to mags 0-60 are identical

PS tell youre dad to put milltek Downpipes

here are the numbers of dynoed all wheel hp on the s4 (dynoed by speedtechnik)
    Stock 253 awhp and 248 torque
    Addition of milltek exhaust 266 awhp ( 11hp+)
    Adittion of milltek downpipes (W exhaust) 280 awhp (27 awhp more then stock) with these mods It should be a good race with a modded Sti and they dynoed this s4 w/o a chip and intake thats available with all that is should be close to 300 awhp
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Originally posted by audirs6

PS tell youre dad to put milltek Downpipes

He has the 2004 S4, which has the 340hp V8, not the bi-turbo older one.

my best friend has an automatic ( i know i know) FWD 1.8T and he has intake, chip, miltek exhaust (which is awsome, not loud at all!) and a diverter valve he has the stage 2 package from Evo motorsports

it is pretty quick, it shines in the top end though. i off course can get him on the launch in my little prelude just cause i have manual, but he quickly pulls on me and leaves me behind.

hes planning on buying either a STi, a new m3, or a bi turbo 2.7 s4 (which he will be modding of course to run probably around 12's...see stage 3 on the evoms.com page.

what you guys think? i say, ive got mad repsect for the STi, of course, everyone does. they are beasts. but he loves his a4 especially interior and body style. i think he should just stay with the audi family and get a stock biturbo s4, then get hte stage 3 and run 12s....all with the luxery of a s4.

i told him to leave the STi to me.
    the beauty-96 honda prelude si, made in japan. 160crankhp of raw fury!

the beast-90 audi 200 turbo quattro, made in german. soon to be killin the streets

Sti would be awesome - but i would not leave out the M3 or maybe the new m5 when it comes out?

i dont think he can afford a new m5, but tonight he bought an auto trader and was throwing around talk of a used m5.

i stuck to looking for 13 grand wrx's and high milage s4's...god i wish i had rich parents. haha
    the beauty-96 honda prelude si, made in japan. 160crankhp of raw fury!

the beast-90 audi 200 turbo quattro, made in german. soon to be killin the streets

Registered User persianpunisher's Avatar

stock WRX would beat a stock S4 froma dig

I owned an 1.8t quattro 5spd A4. It was nice inside, and had a very smooth ride, but NO WHERE NEAR as powerful as a WRX. NOW WHERE NEAR. Even with a Stage 1 chip and exauhst no way. The chip will add about 4-50 hp, depending on the chip and exhausht 12 hp MAX!!! Now, the STi and S4s 0-60 differ. the S4 and WRX are about equal, with the edge to the S4 due to high Hi-End. Even the S4 guys agree. The Sti has the same 0-6 as an RS6 (0-60 4.4sec). I loved my Audi, but parts are SSOOOOO Damn expensive its disgusting. A liitle plastic light switch button is $40!!!! But a stage 2 Audi coudl beat a stock rex. I am trading in my A4 for a brand new 04 WRX( god bless dealer clearence). I am stoked, but I cant decide Sedan or Wagon. I ski A SH**LOAD and my A4 was great in teh snow, but it was a sedan. Maybe a wagon sounds good... but are they slower?

N.E. F4
    Mods

Re: stock WRX would beat a stock S4 froma dig

Originally posted by persianpunisher
    I ski A SH**LOAD and my A4 was great in teh snow, but it was a sedan. Maybe a wagon sounds good... but are they slower?
    The wagon isnt slower... perhaps a few lbs heavier, but performs about the same. I **** an a$$ load too, and work in a ski shop during the season. The wrx sedan has a nice passthrough into the trunk... you can fit about 3 pairs of skiis through that hole... and the trunk is a nice size for all other equipment. Wrx is also a beast in the snow you cant go wrong
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Ski racks look good on a wagon, especially the OEM ones. Skis on top, boots n' poles in the back. I like the glances my car gets as I pull through the drop-off lot at ski areas. It's pretty much the ultimate car for zipping up into the mountains during a storm.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Re: Re: stock WRX would beat a stock S4 froma dig

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    Wrx is also a beast in the snow you cant go wrong
    Yes thats true. But the audi awd is much better then the wrx and when he changes from his a4 to the wrx i am shure he will reliaze the diff.

persianpunisher if you want a wagon you should also consider a Forester XT.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast