Audi A4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Audi A4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ya but the 3.0 V6 is a different story a bigg difference. But it has one big minus! no turbos= ...

ya but the 3.0 V6 is a different story a bigg difference. But it has one big minus! no turbos= no chip= no easy hp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dunno...in checking Audi's website it shows a 110 lb difference re: the v6 and still .2 sec diff to 60.

Sedan 3.0 manual quattro: 3583 0-60 6.9
    Avant 3.0 manual quattro: 3693 0-60 7.1

Now back to the 1.8t, I'm sure you prolly spend some time on audiworld where there were some posts re: APR's new stage III kit for the b6. Now that has me thinking of keeping my car as it brought it up to a supposed 280whp on 91 octane.

T.

APR chip for the last gen 1.8t is 200 not 230 on 91 octane. I live with audi nerds. The torque upgrade is remarkable. and the car is alot more driver friendly than a stock wrx. No lag, and revs to 5.
    Dragrace wise, i womped on my friend Mikes chipped 2002, in my car when BONE stock. his car feels faster, but it was certainly not.

He should be happy, some days id rather trade in a lil power for heated seats.

I plan to run him again, now that i have accessport. well compare chip to chip, dig and roll.
    Last edited by MidnightFLAT4; 03-29-2004 at 09:34 PM.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

I traded my 2001 1.8tqms with a apr 93 octane and H&R/bilsteins last week for a beautiful silver wrx . The audi had the best interior fit and finish of any car ive owned though . The wrx is nice still, I love the seats , i'm kinda gettin used to cloth , and the other thing I really like is the doors have no window frame , I dont know why but little things like that always made me like cars more . All in all I am happy I traded my car . The suby has all the things the Audi had (turbo, awd) and much more and it has a more rugged appeal .

what about handaling difference?

The handeling stock for stock in MY opinion the wrx feels better . The Audis stock sport suspension just never felt like you were connected, it was just to damn high and the car was setup from the factory for a smooth luxury ride with a little sport appeal , after i fixed my audi's suspension it handeled like a ferrari

Wow i didn't know that an ECU and exhaust can do all of that.... what kind of ECU and exhaust can make that much Hp? and that arent that loud?
    -02 Black WRX-
    Mods are in profile....

First of all most Audi tuners are not for ricers so there exhausts are pready quiet and nice sound. 2nd there are about 20 tuners that all have chips. exhaust, dps etc... Apr, oct, giac seem to be the most popular. i use oct on my rs6 and it adds 90 hp just with a chip and exhaust.

DA*N you think you can add up to 90HP with just ECU and exhaust with an A4?? 2001, and how much you think it would be?
    -02 Black WRX-
    Mods are in profile....

Not with an A4 an RS6. on another though ya if you were crazy enough to raise the boost that high. any turbo chargered car you can do that but you will bust the turbos.

SO how about a stock 170 hp A4 with stage 2 upgrade? how many horses would you be pushing?
    -02 Black WRX-
    Mods are in profile....

Stage 2 audi a4 would prolly be around 250 crank hp , Im not shure if stage 2 consists of putting in new turbos or not . Go to audiworld.com or audizine.com and check the forums , there is alot of fast a4's out there ....

isn't it sorta pricey 2 mod an a4?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Well how about this turbo upgrade i just found and a stock audi A4 with a good exhaust... how much hp and what you think this car would run?
    -02 Black WRX-
    Mods are in profile....

what year. Usually (like my RS6) the exhaust itself doesnt add much hp to the wheel maybe 2-5 but with the ECU upgrade Combined it should add maybe 10hp thats how it worked on my RS6

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast