Absolutely decimated a new Honda Civic SIR

This is a discussion on Absolutely decimated a new Honda Civic SIR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on the way back to campus from Quiznos, I was feeling very mellow and not in the "speeding" ...

Absolutely decimated a new Honda Civic SIR

I was on the way back to campus from Quiznos, I was feeling very mellow and not in the "speeding" mood. I was driving just below the posted speed limit of 50kmh in the slow lane of the 2 lane road, when I noticed a pair of healights riding my bumper. At first, I thought it was a Focus of some sort, but later realized that it was a Civic SIR. Now at the time, there was too much traffic to race, so I let him pass on the second lane. As we went through town, I noticed that he would drop behind and shadow every move I made.

This was a red Civic SIR hatch (the new ones out right now), with APC Altezza style tails, rims, body kit, and 17 inch rims, and Fast & Furious- style graphics....

Now, when traffic finally opened up, and there were no cars in front, the civic came beside me in my lane, and started revving his engine to get a rise out of me. At this point, I became very agitated, and decided to show him that he was not messing with what he might have thought was a stock WRX...

After sitting beside me for a few seconds without me "biting", he downshifted and accelerated away.... I guess he was trying to show me what 160HP of fury can do... After a second, I downshifted to second and reeled his ass in very short order. I made sure to time my shift to third perfectly so that it happened as I was right beside him as I accelerated by I am sure that he heard the PSHHHHHH, and realized that he was in too deep! . He kept on it, but I was just too much. I pulled about 6 car lengths by the time I shifted into 3rd gear and maxed out the gear.....

At this point, I got off the gas and shifted into 4th gear, and waited for him to catch up... but noticed that he was about to do a flyby.... I then downshifted to 3rd again, and then stomped it just as he was about 1 car length back from me.... this way, his momentum was cancelled before he passed me! The guy then tailgated me again until I turned off the road onto main campus.

Poor boy.... If only he knew what hit him!

I admit that I should be out looking for LS1's, but the dude in the Civic was just BEGGING to get schooled.... I happily obliged
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice Job
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

A street race is a street race, you never know what lurks under the hood of other cars.
    Nice job of rejecting the flyby.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

tan
    A stock Civic Si (hatch) is just as fast as a Toyota echo

Good kill. Those cars are very slow stock, but if you give it the Hondata treatment with the other basic bolt ons, it would be okay. Still no match for a WRX though.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

At first, I was not even going to bother with the guy and his Civic... If only he had just drove by when he had the chance... but no! He insisted in playing around to show off his car to me....I just decided to show him what I had, and send him back to the drawing board!

It seems that people up here in Canada don't realize that just because you car had a big exhaust and stickers and rims does not mean that you picked up 100HP at the wheels or something......

ahh the perks of living in a country where people put more money in show than go!

Even funnier is that my car is untuned right now......
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I Support ClubWRX
    Mmmmm...Quizno's.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    Mmmmm...Quizno's.
    Oh my god that was soooo f@#kin funny.
    I had to stop my self from busting up, people are looking at me funny. It must be lunchtime I'm starving.

Originally posted by Integra96
    Mmmmm...Quizno's.

mmmm..... Chicken Mesquite sub........ mmmmmm!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

hehe, I don't know if I do this also, but whenever someone tells a story where they smoke someone it starts off:

I was minding my own business not speeding and obeying traffic laws.

Then this guy gets on my ass or weaves through traffic, and I become agitated (this word is used a lot) so I wait for an opportunity

and I spank him

and reject the flyby

Not taking away from your story, nice kill, just thought I'd share my observations.
    - Capt Crunch

Cap Crunch - yeh , I guess it does sond kinda cliche, but that is EXACTLY as it happened. I was not in the racing mood becuase my car had a CEL on for System too Lean.... but I just could not help myself

And I did reject the flyby too!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Dude my uncle owns a Quiznos, 2 actually. I get free food whenver I want.
    02 Aspen White WRX Sportwagon

Originally posted by -=Ice-T=-
    Dude my uncle owns a Quiznos, 2 actually. I get free food whenver I want.

ugh!!!

So umm... do your ClubWRX.net buddies get free food too????

Just thought I'd ask!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by All8up
    A street race is a street race, you never know what lurks under the hood of other cars.
    Nice job of rejecting the flyby.
    Ask any racer, any real racer...it doesn't matter if its an inch or a mile...winnings winning
    lambosv21

Originally posted by lambosv21
    Ask any racer, any real racer...it doesn't matter if its an inch or a mile...winnings winning
    Why is it that the Fast & Furious jokes are out in force again? Is the second movie about to come out or something
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...