Sleeper stories...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sleeper stories... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright i know some of you have to have some pretty good sleeper stories. i was just reminded by one ...

Sleeper stories...

Alright i know some of you have to have some pretty good sleeper stories. i was just reminded by one of my better ones that i got myself into with my wrx's first race... here it is

my first run....saw this lowered silver civic 2door pull out of a neighborhood... '99 or so but not an SI...see it has exhaust and SI wheels but thats it. So i speed up to catch up to him cause we're approaching an intersection and i want a lil action. i go past him and i guess he doesn't see me at first. a car gets in one lane so i move over and get the front....lil civic gets behind me. I'm with my g/f and she knows whats about to go down. we had the front two windows down. SO...light turns green and i start rolling slowly and get to second gear and move over and wait right under 3000rpm for him to punch it. It was understood by both drivers what was going down. He punches it and so do I, he gains nothing, BUT LOSES NOTHING! he's right next to me. Quick shift into 3rd and I'm off (so I thought). He goes to 3rd, I hear a blow off valve and i'm like wtf! but he gains nothing! its like dead even but he's just to my back right....when all of a sudden I hear his VTEC sound (you know the one...such a bad *** sound) ampifly by like 50 times. I'm talking Top Fuel Dragster VTEC sound. i instantly in my mind knew it had to be nitrous...all of a sudden the civic ROARS by me and i just followed him with my head from back right of my car to front right of my car...that was so amazing. In any case i look over to my g/f and she's like what happened...i simply responded "nitrous, thats nitrous for you" i catch up and give him a thumbs up, him and his co-pilot return the gesture...i speed up a little to get a look at the front. Front Mount Intercooler right there, behind some dark mesh. That sleeper sure tought me a lesson, but i know he wasn't thinking he was going to have to use his nitrous to beat me. Sleepers Rock Hard Core

ps: i had a headache for two days because the VTEC was so loud flying by my passenger window. My g/f didn't get one though? maybe i'm just sensitive

Lets hear some good stories guys
    lambosv21

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a sleeper story but it was a race i witnessed and didnt involve me. Long story short, this guy I knew with a 73' vw beetle lined up with a mustang gt 5.0 with exhaust after we got off work (2 a.m.). I was in my 74' bug at the time and was behind them both watching it go down. So the guy starts revving on the GT and you could hear the guys respond with laughter and with revs of their own. Light goes green, both cars spin and the beetle absolutely wastes this mustang like nobodys business. At the next light, same thing happens, and the Mustang guys are most likely thinking "WTF!!" and turn off. Little did they know my coworker has rebuilt 2275 cc dual port engine, 82 mm Stroke x 94 mm Bore, Weber Dual 44 Carbs, 110 cams etc. etc. and stuff i dont remember. It sounded mean but from the outside looks like another slow bug. I thought it was hilarious and we couldnt stop laughing.
    Last edited by Mr. Fancypants; 04-24-2003 at 08:31 PM.
    04 SVT Lightning

haha nice

what other stories guys...comonnnnnnnn there has to be more
    lambosv21

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator

These might count as sleepers! (If you're deaf. )

http://www.ford-v8-focus.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails focusoutside.jpg  
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator

I got walked on badly by an Dodge Spirit RT on the highway last summer; Those cars are real sleeper looking. My grandma owned a car that looked like that lol..

My friend had a really good sleeper. It was right before motor swaps got popular.
    He had a 92 honda hatchback. He put the LS motor and tranny in it and still had the pea shooter exhaust.
    He called me out to race one day, i had an auto Eclipse RS. (i know not a fast car) I had no idea what i was getting into. Well anyway, he had 2 other people in his car when we took off. All i saw was his radio head flying off on launch and nailing the guy in the backseat between the eyes and i saw the tail lights for the rest of the way. it was pretty funny.

Now the ultimate sleeper that i have seen was an 86 corolla i believe. It was in Miami, and one of the techs at South Florida Performance built it. He swapped in a TT Supra motor, complete with the tranny, and a 200 shot of nitrious. Now on the outside, this car was painted off white and had all kinds of dings everywhere, but i would not like to be anywhere near that thing when it's looking for a race. I rode in it and it scared the **** out of me.

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a very plain looking 240sx around (sans FMIC that's somewhat visible) that runs mid 13s. It's burned a few of my friends in quick cars. Vive los sleepers!

I want to drop a blown 502ci in a Suzuki Swift. At half throttle, I'd probably get tagged in the head with broken frame pieces. Oh well, some day I'll have a sleeper from hell!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

In ct there is a primer grey dodge omni turbo...It looks like the biggest pile of sh** and it runs consistent tens at the track...659whp....it is sick....

There is also a mitsu. galant vr4 w/500whp and his license plate says sleeper.....its sick also........

Just some worthy sleepers.....I know so I dont race....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

My car is a pretty good sleeper, its Taurus SHO. Most people don't know what that is.

For example... I was on a road near my house, driving, when I saw an older model BMW 325 up ahead, so I got up behind him, and he knew what was up. He punched it, but I knew there was a light up ahead, so I didn't. I pulled up next to him at the light, and he rolls down his window, smirking at me like he just kicked my ass, and is like "Yeah, this is a *****ing BMW!" And I was like "Yeah, this is a *****ing SHO"... so, I rev to ~3k, light turns green, I get a little tire squeel, and I'm off... I took him by like a carlength and a half up to the next light, it was up to ~75 MPH (I think). Needless to say, he wouldn't roll his window down at the light.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    My car is a pretty good sleeper, its Taurus SHO. Most people don't know what that is.

For example... I was on a road near my house, driving, when I saw an older model BMW 325 up ahead, so I got up behind him, and he knew what was up. He punched it, but I knew there was a light up ahead, so I didn't. I pulled up next to him at the light, and he rolls down his window, smirking at me like he just kicked my ass, and is like "Yeah, this is a *****ing BMW!" And I was like "Yeah, this is a *****ing SHO"... so, I rev to ~3k, light turns green, I get a little tire squeel, and I'm off... I took him by like a carlength and a half up to the next light, it was up to ~75 MPH (I think). Needless to say, he wouldn't roll his window down at the light.
    Hahaha way to show him what's up. Go Ford! BTW: What are the specs on your car? What kind of power are you making?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

i have a good sleepr also. It is a Regal GS, its alot like a Grand Prix GTP except for old people. the only differnces between the GS and the LS is a really small emblem.

One day i was on my way to best buy and this Mustang GT pulled up next to me and when the light turned green he punched it and he had a little bit of tire spin so i went for it and stayed with him untill i hit 60(40 mph zone, night and curvy road) and shut down and the look on his face was priceless as i stayed right behind his drivers door.
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.

Not much of a sleeper story for me, but pretty funny. I had a 95 Civic Ex that I had done some mods on. On my way to Sacramento and a Ninja I believe came up right onto my bumper. I was blocked by traffic on all lanes so I couldn't give an inch to the guy.

Well to make a long story short, we found an opening. I let him by first and we're off because of what I saw behind him. Hwy 80 with a fast car is a dream. We hit 100, 110, 120 and over 130, then we both get caught in traffic again. He gives me a thumbs up and I point behind him.

I really wasn't trying to race him, but wanted to tell him his stuff was falling out of the rear compartment on his bike. He then proceeded to pull over. I couldn't stop although I was now very early for my appointment.

Originally posted by AjDaMan
    Hahaha way to show him what's up. Go Ford! BTW: What are the specs on your car? What kind of power are you making?
    The SHO has 220 HP at the crank, stock. All I've done to it so far are a cold air intake, and a 75mm Mass Airflow meter... I haven't seen much gains from them, but once I get a custom chip, I should start seeing bigger gains. My car will run ~15.1 at 93 MPH.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.