Sleeper stories... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sleeper stories... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by JimmyNY The SHO has 220 HP at the crank, stock. All I've done to it so far ...

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    The SHO has 220 HP at the crank, stock. All I've done to it so far are a cold air intake, and a 75mm Mass Airflow meter... I haven't seen much gains from them, but once I get a custom chip, I should start seeing bigger gains. My car will run ~15.1 at 93 MPH.
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SBW
    Originally posted by 13secwrx
    In ct there is a primer grey dodge omni turbo...It looks like the biggest pile of sh** and it runs consistent tens at the track...659whp....it is sick....

There is also a mitsu. galant vr4 w/500whp and his license plate says sleeper.....its sick also........

Just some worthy sleepers.....I know so I dont race....
    I think I've seen that Omni before. I think at the Berlin Tpke actualy. I could be wrong.

The two sleepers I've seen are from up there, one is a 12 second VW pick up truck, 16v turbo 2.0. The other is a XR4TI, real fast, but Im not sure specifically, unfortunately I never got the chance to race either.

Thumbs up

Less than a year ago when I still had my '00 Firebird Formula, I was cruising to work one morning on the highway. For those that don't know, the Formula looks just like a V6 Firebird (not like the ever-noticeable Trans Am), except it has the V8 (LS1 in this case) Ran up on a middle-aged guy in a black V6 Firebird of similar vintage that made a big point to keep up with me (had the cruise set). He kept looking over at me, then at his passenger, and kept smiling like he wanted some V6 on V6 action. All of the sudden, he floors it and starts to go. So, I say what the hell...why not show him why he should have spent a little extra and got the V8? I hit it and my exhaust comes to life. Just from the sound, the guys face was priceless. He just dropped his jaw and then turned to his passenger and started laughing and shrugging his shoulders. I put about a football field on him in no time and shut it down. Needless to say, he kept his distance after that.
    God, I miss my Formula!
    Oh well, at least my Rex gets me to work in the winter time with no problems. One day it will be just as fast (sooner than later, I hope!).

Gotta love the sleepers....
    "Jesus saves, Gretzky scores"

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
    morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. " ~Frank Sinatra

Before my WRX I had a real good sleeper. It was an '89 Mazda MX-6 GT turbo. Very unassuming. Mine had lots of mods. It made lots of torque but didn't really like to rev. It laid down 358 ft lbs and 232 horsepower to the wheels with an upgraded compressor wheel and a wet 50 shot. From a dead stop it was not much, but once moving it would really fly. Pulled on lots of 12 sec stangs in that car
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

Whoa. 358 ft lbs? Did you mean 258?
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

I've got a sleeper story... My budy has a old 510 Datsun... you know the old square ones... well he has a 99 Nissan Silvia motor with a Huge turbo under the hood... the car weights 2100 Lbs. And the car Dyno's at 310 to the rear wheels.. the car is show quality and... looks damn sick and sounds harmless. YET is does Mid to low 12's in the quarter 1/4... one night we were out looking for a race... and found one... a 2000 SS with exhust... it sounded as if the Camero has open headers it was that lound... we roll up to him reved it.. He smiles and reved back with two revs in return... I then straped the 5 point in... He turned up the greddy boost controller to "High boost" setting... Then we all waited for the green light...

Off the line the camero had us... too much wheel spin.. but by the time we hit top of second it was all over and we were nose to nose... and on our was to smoking his ass... we shut it down when we hit 5th... by that time we had about 3 cars on him... at the next light the guy was cool, and asked what the hell under the hood.. He thought he was in trouble when he saw me buckel up... He also thought that we had nos, and that we were turing on the nos... but I told him that was just the Greddy Boost controller...
    Last edited by whodeani; 04-30-2003 at 11:01 PM.
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

toyota sleeper

a friend has a late 80's-early 90's toyota pickup with a supra single turbo motor. 1jz-gte i think? i havent raced him yet but itd be pointless. im confident i could take him off the line but he'd pull me real quick. it puts down 325 or so at the wheels and its damn light. supposedly its capable of low 13's.

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    Whoa. 358 ft lbs? Did you mean 258?
    Nope...I meant 358 It was a beast!
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12