BMW 540 Sport

This is a discussion on BMW 540 Sport within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got a nice clean BMW kill today. Was headed for lunch with an old friend, and as we headed down ...

JNR

BMW 540 Sport

Got a nice clean BMW kill today. Was headed for lunch with an old friend, and as we headed down a non-interstate 4 lane highway we had a new 540 sport come roaring past, he got held up by a little traffic, then made a quick lane change and he was once again under heavy acceleration.

I was thinking, boy that guy needs a lesson, but using good judgement in the traffic I just lagged back and didn't pursue him. Further up the road however, I happened to come up behind the Bimmer again. With one car in front of him and a Buick Century to the right at the front, I knew that he would roll forward hard cut right and then it was clear sailing. The light went green and just as I had imagined there was the forward run then cut to the right only I was right on his ass this time. As soon as he cleared the car that had been in front of him he cut over and continued under full throttle. My buddy, who is also a car nut, that had previously owned a Callaway Vette, said man that guy is really nailing it! Without a doubt it was clear that this guy really wanted to prove a point.

So I did the only right thing for all Subaru WRX owners around the planet, the minute he cleared to the left I reeled him in on a roll from about 45-75, and cleared him doing about 80-85. After I got several car lengths on him he just let off and then quickly receded from view. As I sat waiting for the left turn signal at the next stoplight my BMW friend roared by with his gaze fixed ahead.I was thinking that even though my car is pretty heavily modified, the BMW 540 4.4i is actually its strongest in that particular mid range speed zone(I know I owned a 4.4 X5)and our WRX's are stronger off the bottom to mid range. I can only imagine what I could have done to this guy from a dead stop. Remove my 200 pound friend and I would have annihlated him.

By the way I actually love BMW's, have owned five of them, and will more than likely own another someday.Fortunately that doesn't keep me from wanting to confuse their owners and make them wonder"What in the hell just happened???".

Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's SO rare you meet a BMW driver who's good sport about getting washed. Heh heh heh... Nice kill.

Nice kill, JNR! I can't wait to hook up with my BMW friends (two of them) and show off a little. Of course, it'll all be in good fun. cant' wait!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion