a reason lancers are not as fast as they should be?

This is a discussion on a reason lancers are not as fast as they should be? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; could the reason lancers are not up to there "expected" potential be their excessive number of synchros, this is from ...

a reason lancers are not as fast as they should be?

could the reason lancers are not up to there "expected" potential be their excessive number of synchros, this is from the info manual that i got at a mitsu dealer"

1st and 2nd have triple synchros

3rd has double synchros

and magazines have complained that the gearbox is slowshifting the time required for all those synchros to line up would probably rob it of some time in the quarter

any thoughts?

luke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm assuming you're talking about the evolution and not the lancer es, lancer oz-rally, or lancer ralliart (not out yet) right?

Quite possible that the tranny might slow down the times, but with a good driver, I don't think it'll make that big of a difference in the 1/4...

Syncros do not need to line up.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/transmission4.htm
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***