ITR vs WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ITR vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I finally had a chance to ride in a stock 2001 ITR. Wow.... it rides and sounds amazing at high ...

ITR vs WRX

I finally had a chance to ride in a stock 2001 ITR. Wow.... it rides and sounds amazing at high RPM. He wants to kind of run me tomorrow on a highway and we will run on the way to a mountain and also around the mountain (nice open road with a lot of curves).

My mods:
    MBC@14.7psi
    BPM TBE
    K&N panel filter
    Lightened Crank Pulley
    Samco I/C hoses
    17" P1 w/ Eibach prokit springs
    Iridium plugs (one step colder)

What do you guys think will happen if we start from let's say around 50-60mph till all the way up to 110mph? His car pulled nice at high speed and seeing a needle going past 8500rpm was simply amazing. Tire squealed around 80mph in 3rd gear....

Any thoughts? this is a friendly run between good friends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ITR= integra type r?? if thats the case u'll ruin him man...a stock type r integra wont touch a modded wrx in highway or curves or anything.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Think it will out-handle WRX in curves..... it rides simply amazing.... wish I have ITR and WRX

I second that. Should be a fun run through the mountain roads though. They handle really well. Is he modded?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

his car is completely stock. ITR will absolutely kill stock WRX in curves.... you gotta drive it to believe ^^ I felt like driving a "Sedan" after riding his car! I love the way engine sounded.... it sounds so addicting

I had the chance to ride in one at an autocross and all I have to say is that thing is amazing. Totally in its element there.

With your mods I dont see you having a problem beating him. Once at higher speeds (100+) you might quit gaining on him but your lead will be so much that it wont matter.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I Support ClubWRX
    Addicting? Tisk, tisk...

IMHO, a Type R will ruin a stock WRX in the corners! A WRX will take one off the line, and after about 60mph, it should be close. But, then again, your MBC and other goodies may ensure a top end victory?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Had friendly runs around Bear mountain... there were plenty of curves and straight ways which made it a lot of fun to drive. My co-worker who has a turbocharged (Flyn' Mita kit) also brought his car to run us. We actually never had a chance to run side by side, but had a chance to test out my car's acceleration. My car slowly gained on ITR and could hang with him in curves. However, stock WRX brakes suck! my car has power to go but braking power made me very scared to go fast because driving in curves require good braking power.

In totality, I am happy about how my car ran against them and next on my mod list is bigger brakes and rotors. BTW, my car has 217whp according to Blitz PowerMeter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010027.jpg  
    Last edited by WRXreX; 04-24-2003 at 11:37 PM.

photo2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010025.jpg  

little behind on the 2nd photo man what u doing!!

so ur in the twisties taking pictures and driving ?!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Yes ITR is the most fun car on the curve It actually build to road race I think.
    Well I actually race with my freind 98 ITR today. And his is mods(spoon headers, cai, cat) and mine stock. WE race from 10mph to 80 and all I have to say that his car is fast Even tho from low mph. I couldnt even gain on him on 1st. He just keep pulling on me not by far tho. By the end of 80 he had 1 car lenght from me.
    Maybe just a MBC we could prob be even =)

217 @ the wheels on the power meter...are u sure? i've done all the proper calibrations on mine and i got 296hp... and i know i dont have that much power to the wheels. i thought it was @ crank or whatever. i basically have a stage 0 w/ sbc-id set @15.5, sus intake, nur-spec exhaust and a dp. anybody know exactly what it measures?

I used to have a ITR and it was fun as hell to drive in the curves...It feels like it belongs on the road...Then I did some suspension and it blew me away of what that car is capable of...I dont know why I ever got rid of it becuase I ended up getting a Civic SI and a GSR and they are fun on the roads also...the WRX seems to handle better then the SI but mine is not meant for bends nor is the GSR....I want to do some serious suspension maods to the WRX to see what it is capable of and see what I am capable of also.

Just out of curiousity, how did the FM Miata do? It should pull mid 13s in the 1/4 and handle very well. I know mine is one of the best handling cars I've driven. Something about 50/50 weight balance in a 2200 lb car with rwd.
    2003 WRX WR Blue Wagon
    1999 Red Miata DRGN RDR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.