anyone run w/a pt cruiser turbo?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on anyone run w/a pt cruiser turbo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; seems like we like talkin bout the srt-4.....but i believe the pt cruiser has the same drive train, w/the same ...

anyone run w/a pt cruiser turbo?

seems like we like talkin bout the srt-4.....but i believe the pt cruiser has the same drive train, w/the same turbo motor.....so has anyone run against one? just curious to see how we'd do. i'm guessing pretty much the same as the srt-4, but was just wondering why no one talks bout it
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what I recall those turbo PTs are like mid to high 15 sec "cars". The SRT-4 would blow the doors off that time.
    04 SVT Lightning

I Support ClubWRX
    They are pretty much SRT-4s with more weight and worse aerodynamics, so that mid-high 15 second estimate is right on. I think it was Car and Driver that got a 15.5 second 1/4 mile out of it several months back. I'm sure it's fun to drive like the SRT, but it doesn't have the punch - especially off the line. However, once up to speed, it probably has a decent top end that may fare well against a stock Rex? Just a thought...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    They are pretty much SRT-4s with more weight and worse aerodynamics, so that mid-high 15 second estimate is right on. I think it was Car and Driver that got a 15.5 second 1/4 mile out of it several months back. I'm sure it's fun to drive like the SRT, but it doesn't have the punch - especially off the line. However, once up to speed, it probably has a decent top end that may fare well against a stock Rex? Just a thought...
    also keep in mind that was a pt turbo w/slushbox.

i've ran against a pt turbo before, but in a prelude, the prelude was a very high 14 second car to maybe a 15 flat (i/h/e/tires on the lude)...

from 0 to about 85, i lost about 1-2 car length. so the pt turbo must be at least runnin into the 14s...

WRX
    Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    also keep in mind that was a pt turbo w/slushbox.
    and what's so wrong with that?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Not the same exhaust either which we know makes a big difference. Neon runs no muffs, PT does.
    Don't flame. Be nice

Originally posted by WRX
    and what's so wrong with that?
    No disrespect, but why would you want an auto?

I Support ClubWRX
    Oops, my mistake. I forgot that comparo was done with an auto PT. So, maybe 14.9-15.1 might be a better estimate? The thing still pulls well.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

The drivetrains are close, but not identical. The block and turbo are the same. The SRT has a much larger intercooler, more agressive ecu, different intake and exhaust, and a manual t-850 tranny. That's why the srt's put out so much more power than the PT's. PT's are 215 crank, srt's are 221/wheels.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

and all this time, i thought they were the same......guess it wouldn't be too much of a race then

maybe pt owners never race, cuz u never hear bout the stories, hehe
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

PT Cruisers have got the style department nailed down. One person I know with an NA cruiser wants to race sometime, we'll see...

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Originally posted by snowcat
    PT Cruisers have got the style department nailed down. One person I know with an NA cruiser wants to race sometime, we'll see...

-snowcat
    Yeah they have the style dept. nailed down... too bad the department is butt ugly!
    04 SVT Lightning

Hmm.. on second thought though, if they truly wanted to go retro, they should've put a big blower sticking up out of the hood instead of a turbo to give it that old-school look.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

its all about the WOODY door panels!
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast