WRX vs Sheriff
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Sheriff within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a little run-in this weekend. I was leaving my friends place Sunday morning at like 8am. The house is ...

WRX vs Sheriff

Had a little run-in this weekend. I was leaving my friends place Sunday morning at like 8am. The house is out in the boonies in NW OH. I was cruising on this long straight, slightly wavy road and decided what better time to see what my new exhaust sounds like when I get it going, and I wanted to see if the 120mph limit ive heard of really existed. I got going and got to about 120 and kept accelerating. At about 125 I was approaching an intersection. On the other road was a sherriff less than a qtr mile from the intersection. Ahh crud! So I hit my brakes and pulled off to wait for him. He came up and asked if I was in a hurry I was shaking my head at what a dumba$$ I am and straight up told him I wanted to see how fast I could get the car to go on this nice straight road. "How fast did you get it?" Yeah I decided not to answer that one exactly. I said "Not sure, I saw you before I checked it out" Then the greatest thing ever happened. He said "Well, the good news is I didnt clock you so I cant give you a ticket, but I would guess anywhere between 80-100" He asked for my license to make sure all was kosher when he came back he said "Now that you arent getting a ticket, how fast were you going?" I didnt want to tell him exactly, so I said he was close, about 100 . He said to be careful thats a good way to kill yourself and let me go. Wheeeww, close one. He followed me for a minute then turned after a mini-van goin the other way, prolly on the way to church. Here is my thinking, that ticket would have run me like 2 bills give or take. Since I dont have to pay that, may as well spend it on the car
    Last edited by Cincy-Rex; 05-06-2003 at 02:43 PM.
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice.

lucky little S...o....b....
    lambosv21

Thumbs up

Count your blessings on getting out of a very expensive ticket!
    2002 WRX Wagon
    2-1973 914-2.0's
    1974 914-2.0 LE

Spend that on a radar detector my friend.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

cef
    So is that the fastest you've had your car? Doesn't take much to get it up to that speed, and it doesn't feel like you're going that fast, cause the car rides great. On my way home from work in the mornings ( I work night shift) I've been up to 133 mph, and that's on wide open interstate with nobody around. Like I said the car rides great and it just doesn't seem that you're going that fast. I don't go that fast all the time and definately not with traffic around. Just got watch out for deer (and cops).
    04 STI

it varies by state, but if you were clocked at 125+ then it is very likely that your car would have been impounded and you would have spent at least one night in jail. it also would have cost a lot more than $200...
    so if you take that as justification to spend twice that on your car, so be it . you are very lucky, my guess is it would have been much worse than you realize...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

The $220 I spent on my radar detector was one of the best purchases I've made
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

How come i never catch any breaks like that

I'm so unlucky...

I think the fact that it was the middle of nowhere helped...He didnt have his gun on and I saw him and stopped before he could get it on I guess....I was feeling like the luckiest man on the earth. What kind of Radar Detector do you all have, what would you suggest, and how much is it gonna cost me?
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

cef
    I gotta a Cobra 9110, definately not top of the line, costs around $70-$80 I think. So far, so good, no tickets. And it has saved my a$$ several times.
    04 STI

BEL 985...3rd best radar detector out there. Unless you want to spend $300+ on a radar detector, this is the one for you.

If you want one, I know a place that sells it for cheap, as well as other electronics! ... www.etronics.com

Best place for electronics on the net, I think.

BEL 985...3rd best radar detector out there. Unless you want to spend $300+ on a radar detector, this is the one for you.

If you want one, I know a place that sells it for cheap, as well as other electronics! ... www.etronics.com

Best place for electronics on the net, I think.

Bel Vector 985! I have one and it has paid for itself a few times. It is probably the best not the third. Bet there are three "best":
    1. Valentine 1
    2. Passport 8500
    3. Bel Vector 985

The passport and bel have almost identical ranges (from what I have read). Save some cash and get #2 or #3, and keep your freaking eyes looking way up the road, and to your left and right.

AJ
    "You have to let it all go; fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free...your mind."

You can run, but between my Glock and My WRX- you will only die tired.

2002 Black WRX Sedan RIP 08.24.04
    2005 Black WRX STi 09.14.04

very lucky. I had a v1. I returned it. A radar detector doesn't make you invincible. It is merly a tool that I did not want for 400$.
    Last edited by BamBooI; 04-22-2003 at 04:21 PM.

Car and Driver Radar Report

Close $%@#ing call. But if he did not clock you I don't see how a radar detector would have helped. But if you want one try a V1 you won't be disappointed. Car and Driver rated it the best:

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...s=radar&page=3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.