ahh... WRX vs. Nissan Maxima (255HP version)

This is a discussion on ahh... WRX vs. Nissan Maxima (255HP version) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Travelling on the highway back to campus yesterday, I was in the fast lane doing about 85mph, when I cam ...

ahh... WRX vs. Nissan Maxima (255HP version)

Travelling on the highway back to campus yesterday, I was in the fast lane doing about 85mph, when I cam upon a black 02/03 Nissan Maxima. It had the alteza style versions of the current tail lights, so I knew that it was not the 222HP version, and had to be the 255hp version of the car.

When I came up behind him, he would not yield from the passing lane, so I ended up following him for about 5 mins, and then passing on the middle lane. As soon as I passed, the guy in the Maxima stayed glued to my rear bumper... I could see in the rear view that he was not alone. He had a young lady with blonde hair beside him...

I then slowly increased my speed (while still in 5th) to 90mph to see if I could put some space between us... That turned out to be unsuccessful..... At this point, I was getting very agitated, and then did what needed to be done. I turned on my profec B, which is set to 16psi of boost right now, downshifted to 4th gear, and then preceeded to put a few tractor trailer lengths between us in less than 15 seconds.... By the time I let off, I was at around 120mph.. The interesting part about this was how strongly my car pulled up to that speed...It was amazing!

Now I was thinking about this encounter for a while after that, and then came to the realisation that the guy probably knew that his car has more power than a stock WRX (255 vs 227), and as a result, thought that he could make an example of me with his GF as witness....

What he did not know was that I was far from stock He did not know that he was playing with a WRX that put more power down to all 4 wheels than his engine had at the crankshaft Poor guy!

Oh yes, the star of the show was my TurboXS stage 4 Package, equipped with a PE1820 turbo for good measure!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! Put those cocky bastards in their place.

The best races are against people who think they know the outcome before the race happens He was probably doing the math in his head before he rolled on you (Let's see, 255-227, factor out the AWD launch...)
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

It was just to funny to drop to 4th gear and then just watch as the speedometer needle confidently swept its way over to the right, and then the Maxima driver getting smaller and smaller ands, smaller......... in the rearview

The sad part about it was that the beating would have been worse fo him if I were not running the stock air filter right now in the car. I was running my Injen CAI, but it was making the car run lean. I then switched back to the stock intake system (minus resonator) with the stock air filter. The car feels very constipated, but I should take care of that tomorrow with a K&N panel filter....
    Last edited by jigga; 04-22-2003 at 05:49 PM.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I just so happen to have one of the '03 Maxima SE 6-speeds with 255hp Its a pretty fast car in its own right, especially being such a large car. Your WRX must be a total beast on the highway, because the Max pulls VERY hard at higher speeds! I actually came upon a stock WRX with the Max about 2 weeks ago that was zipping around in traffic. I got up next to him at a light and proceeded to blow his doors off. In all fairness though, I caught him off guard so he didnt try to launch or take off very fast. He realized I was trying to drag him after I snapped off the line, but at that point it was just too late... I just wanted to mess with a fellow WRX'er eheh
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Originally posted by 2003WRX
    I just so happen to have one of the '03 Maxima SE 6-speeds with 255hp Its a pretty fast car in its own right, especially being such a large car. Your WRX must be a total beast on the highway, because the Max pulls VERY hard at higher speeds! I actually came upon a stock WRX with the Max about 2 weeks ago that was zipping around in traffic. I got up next to him at a light and proceeded to blow his doors off. In all fairness though, I caught him off guard so he didnt try to launch or take off very fast. He realized I was trying to drag him after I snapped off the line, but at that point it was just too late... I just wanted to mess with a fellow WRX'er eheh
    I fully agree that those MAximas are no joke on the highway... Heck, when I was stock, I got my doors blown off by the newer Altima on the highway, by on older lady no less! But I am not stock. I run a PE1820 turbo, with the trimmings, which is an absolute beast on the highway.... My car was not even running at 100% during the encounter (I switched back from running my CAI to stock airfilter - which is VERY restrictive with my setup), and I was still able to pull convincingly on the Maxima...

I have not been to the track with my setup, but others who have WRX's with the same setup that I have on mine trap at speeds approaching 110mph in the 1/4 mile....

I used to think that Stock WRX's are fast, but when you strap on a bigger turbo, THEN you experience the real power!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Man, your car sounds sweet! I'm still thrilled with my Cobb AccessECU Stage 1. need...more....power.....
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Originally posted by 2003WRX
    need...more....power.....
    That line of thinking has drained my wallet, but man is it fun to drive the end result around
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*