WRX vs. Susuki 600 rocket

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Susuki 600 rocket within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This past weekend i had just finished my txs stage 2 install and i was out going over over to ...

WRX vs. Susuki 600 rocket

This past weekend i had just finished my txs stage 2 install and i was out going over over to race my friend who has jsut put a jdm h22a into his civic. so im driving along and see this bike behind me. so i pull up to a ligth and turn right and floor it. i get up to about 80 and let off and the bike comes flying past me. so then i get up to a light with him and he looks over at me and opens his mask and says to me " you werent even close" so i give him a smile and im lookin at his bike not a real top of the line croch roket but fastet than me for sure. so hes sitting there revving his engine and so am i . light turns green i have a beauiful launch i keep waiting for him to pass me but he never comes by untill i shut down at about 90 or so. so then we go for a ltitle while and he pulls next to me agian and goes wow what do you have in there its prettty fast. i told him just some exhaust smiled and drove awayl.... oh yea. i also beat my friends civic from the line ill killhim because he jsut spins. but from a roll with 4 people in my car and 2 in his i had about a car and a half on him.. still very quick for a civic thogh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

another katana?
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

i'm pretty sure it had to have been a Kana-Tuna. Those bikes are pretty gay considering you can pay a little more and get a GSXR600, ZX636, or hell even a F4i and be much faster.

If it had been a GSX-R, you would have gotten wasted, unless the dude was a total squid and didn't know how to ride at all...with his sunglasses, t-shirt and shorts.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

Nice race. Those bikes aren't much from what I hear, but you can still say that your car beat a bike
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Those bikes aren't much but I think with a good rider they should be able to beat a stage 2 wrx. I have a suzuki bandit (same motor as the katana) I took it to the track the other day and ran 13.0. I'm not a great rider and this was my 1st time drag racing a bike. I think I can probably get 12.80's out of it with practice. Sport rider says 12.50's. Now thats fast enough to hang with a stage 4 wrx let alone a stage 2.

Originally posted by racinready300ex
    Those bikes aren't much but I think with a good rider they should be able to beat a stage 2 wrx. I have a suzuki bandit (same motor as the katana) I took it to the track the other day and ran 13.0. I'm not a great rider and this was my 1st time drag racing a bike. I think I can probably get 12.80's out of it with practice. Sport rider says 12.50's. Now thats fast enough to hang with a stage 4 wrx let alone a stage 2.
    Sure, it may be the same motor, but the Bandit has a lot less plastic to weigh it down. I don't know the dry weight of either bike, but I'd guess 15 pounds difference at least, which is quite a bit on a bike, percentage-wise.

Man, high 12s is nothing to mess with. Bandits are cool, Katanas just look "cool". I always thought the Katana was over-plasticized, anyway.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

I couldnt tell wether or not it was a katana or not. that was my intial thoguht but when i got next to him it didnt say katana or anything. just said 600 .... some other words but i dont remember. im sure he would of got me in th 1/4 mile i shut down at the top of third gear so he prob would of gotten by me but not by much i dont think

Yo dude, that rider is no good. GSX-r's do the 1/4 in 10.87s. No way you should have beat him.