Stg. IV WRX pulls on GTstang from 70mph roll, then killed by a CRX with 18's

This is a discussion on Stg. IV WRX pulls on GTstang from 70mph roll, then killed by a CRX with 18's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Driving home from work today there was the usual traffic and I'm minding my business when I notice a red ...

Stg. IV WRX pulls on GTstang from 70mph roll, then killed by a CRX with 18's

Driving home from work today there was the usual traffic and I'm minding my business when I notice a red mustang GT playing around in traffic. So I kinda pace him back and forth without bothering any other drivers. When I get near my exit he pulls up on my a$$ real close all of a sudden. So I just gently accelerate in 5th gear, he's still there.

So I downshift to 3rd at 70mph (which I never do) and put at least 3-4 cars on him immediately hearing his engine roar while he was still close. I hit fourth and keep pulling, I could tell he was trying to keep up by the way he was passing cars. Traffic was coming up so I shut down around 120 mph with him in the distance. I know, nothing special but fun.

Later that evening I'm rushing home to make it home in time for dinner before my GF has my nuts. So I'm cruising at 80-90 mph trying not to piss anyone off. In the rearview I see a white CRX weaving in and out of traffic cutting people off. Then he's at my bumper, so I go 3/4 throttle in 5th gear and leave him behind in traffic without cutting anyone off. I'm cruising at around 80mph and 4-5 minutes later (seriously) and this guy finally gets out of traffic and comes flying up on me and passes me doing well over 100 mph cutting in front of me. Those hondas really do have mad top end yo. I laughed the whole way home, I waiting for him to put his hazards on
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No, you see the reason he came up on you 4-5 minutes later is because that's how long it took for him to go from the speed limit up to 100mph.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    No, you see the reason he came up on you 4-5 minutes later is because that's how long it took for him to go from the speed limit up to 100mph.
    That's what I was gonna say!

Nice Kill...

I was runnin' with a GT on the freeway and we got up to about 130...he was pullin very very slowly, but I kept up pretty well. He had some exhaust and other stuff with a pretty aggressive body kit. Ah well, I barely have any mods, but it was fun!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

haha, yeah hondas have fairly high top speeds, but it literally takes forever to get there. Especially from 100 and up, my accord will just tick off 1 mph..........2 mph..........3 mph etc. so i agree with integra96, it probably took him that long to get up to that speed.