Mercedes? vs. 03Wrx

This is a discussion on Mercedes? vs. 03Wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was crusin to the store for cigs and this guy tears out of a Rally burger joint and gets ...

Mercedes? vs. 03Wrx

I was crusin to the store for cigs and this guy tears out of a Rally burger joint and gets next to me and starts revin, He was in a 2000 somthin Mercedes 4dr. with the round type front lights (sorry man,I really dont know what make) and I ignored him cause I dont really wanna get caught at my age...<GG>

Anyway we turned at the same light and he does the rev thing again, So I said fk it and blipped a little in third, That did it!

He cranked it and got a half car on me so I dropped to 2nd and rolled.

When I hit third I started pullin on him hard and I had to change lanes to avoid another car that was now looming up pretty dam fast,
    As I got over I could see he was still trying and by now I was around 100 so I got out of it and caught the freeway ramp.

I would like to know what kinda Mercedes that was?

Are any of the 4dr types quick as the Rex?

I feel kinda stupid for lettin him get to me like that but I just couldnt help it.

Anyway, Are the Mercedes a contender? (Not that one anyway)

Shotgun

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ummm, no. Not unless it was an AMG...

If it was a small sedan, maybe it was a C240...

If it was a larger sedan...maybe a CLK 320...but that may be the coupe...

Go to mercedes.com and match the car to one on the site...
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Thanks bro, I hate to think I coulda went to jail for racin a tank <G>

Shotgun

Sorry for the forum ignorance, but what is "<G>"?

And you wouldn't have lost if you woulda been ready
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

the c32 amg is very quick. it is a 4-door, v6 supercharged automatic that is slightly faster than the new m3's.those are very quick. i remember lining up with one and thinking to myself "this guy has no idea what he is getting himself into." the last thing i remember before launching at green was the badge on the side "v6kompressor" i got a decent launch, expected to see him in my mirror anytime and then when i shifted into 3rd, he just zoomed right by me.he was a cool guy about it and he ended up posting on nasioc wanting to know if i was on there.

peter

If any MB says AMG on it your WRX better be modded to deal with it. Take it from me; I own both. My C32 ran 13.4 @ 105 dead stock and dyno'd at 312 hp SAE corrected at the wheels. With a chip and pulley the car will be a 12 second bracket car.

Do any of these look familiar?

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...amg_class_main
    Last edited by Carl AMG; 04-21-2003 at 08:05 PM.
    2003 Subaru WRX Sedan 5 spd.
    Platinum Silver, TurboXS Stage 3 and lots of other goodies. See profile.

2002 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG

2005 Lotus Elise on order

Carl,

Dam, I hope it wasnt the AMG!,

Im pretty sure it wasnt,(But the bodystyle was simular) cause I pulled him pretty easy after 3rd, If it was the kid was scared to push it or it seems I woulda been deadmeat!!

Thanks for the tip!

Rls, <G> is an old persons way of

Shotgun

Actually all the non- AMG Mercedes have some decent power especially if it's a V8 car. What puzzles me is that you say he was reving up his engine. All MB four door's are automatics and it doesn't seem like the typical MB owner would put it in neutral to rev it up. I bet Junior got to drive Dad's Benz and thought he was hot.

AMG's are weeeeeeeeeak...i mean the new E55 only ran a 12.4 1/4mile stock...it only toasted the RS6 and M5
    lambosv21

Carl caught the same thing that got my attention, the MB's we're talking about only come in automatic. Dig the C32 though. I remember we went to look at an ML for my wife last year and I didn't hear a word the sales guy said cause a guy was taking delivery of his C32 next to us. Dayem that's a nice looking ride. The latest Car&Driver has a pretty good article on the MB, Audi & BMW.

T.

Originally posted by Tuco
    Carl caught the same thing that got my attention, the MB's we're talking about only come in automatic. Dig the C32 though. I remember we went to look at an ML for my wife last year and I didn't hear a word the sales guy said cause a guy was taking delivery of his C32 next to us. Dayem that's a nice looking ride. The latest Car&Driver has a pretty good article on the MB, Audi & BMW.

T.
    Regarding that article, I think C&D's view of the C32 pushed to the limit is exaggerated. I've been on the track with stock AMG's and pushed them hard. I'll also say that putting $1,000 bucks into lowering my car with RENNtech springs transformed the car's handling composure, kept the great ride quality and made it look way sweeter.
    Last edited by Carl AMG; 04-22-2003 at 09:16 AM.

Yeah, funny you mention that as I was re-reading the article again last night and was kind off put of by that statement as well as somewhat surprised.

As always, I take a lot of the magazine stuff with multiple grains of salt. I had a vintage mustang used as a test mule for a new product one time. Of course what they utimately failed to mention in the article was how undriveable the car was after the installation or the fact that the costs were 3x what was expected.

The same goes for a rodded VW I built from parts from a previous magazine car. On one hand I had the magazine saying how the original car was built and modified while on the other hand I was holding the actual items they were identifying...and I can tell you they were not the same. I recall talking to one guy I met who works in the industry (and I think he's now w/ R&T)...and he said there's simply a little bit of fud in every article. Often they themselves fill in the gaps because of their deadlines they have to meet. So ever since then, I know to always think twice about what they print.

T.

Carl,All..

I shoulda said he was "goosing" (old guy term) the pedal

Still, gotta give im props!, Dam thing was very pretty!

If I see him again, (and he's not an ass about gettin dropped) I will find out what it was

Shotgun