WRX vs. modded Lightning and modded 03 Cobra

This is a discussion on WRX vs. modded Lightning and modded 03 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, i beat one and lost to another. i beat the lightning by about 2 car lengths. we did a ...

WRX vs. modded Lightning and modded 03 Cobra

well, i beat one and lost to another. i beat the lightning by about 2 car lengths. we did a 45 mph kick. he had the auto kickdown and i had turbo lag so it was a fair race, not according to him, but i walked the dog on him. he said before the race he had exhaust, intake, chip and pulley upgrade. he said it dynoed 410 rwhp. his excuse was that it weighed 4700 pounds. i said i have a 2.0l 4 cylinder, he stopped his whining. the cobra pulled me about 3 or 4 car lenghths right off the bat then slowly walked away. i did better than i thought i would. same 45 mph kick here, he wouldn't go from a stop. he had the car dynoed 2 weeks ago and made 460hp and 501tq...he had fuel pump, headers, exhaust, intake and pulley upgrade, maybe a chip, i don't remember. those cars are fast to start with but mess with them and watch out. i might be able to hang with or beat a stock one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow great kills, what you got done?

i tried to put some mods in my sig.
    Mods: TurboSpec 20g hybrid turbo, TurboSpec racing downpipe, custom 3" catback, vishnu uppipe, ported exhaust manifold, ported TGV housings, perrin intake, custom inlet pipe, greddy front mount, walbro 342 pump, perrin fuel rails, sx FPR, sx fuel filter, SSR Competition wheels, Carbon fiber hood, gauges galore inside, techedge WB O2 kit, UTEC, greddy profec b, greddy turbo timer.

1982 280zx turbo swap. Ford supercoupe intercooler. crushed stock FPR, crushed 2g dsm bov. stock 99 dodge diesel catback as intercooler piping. electric fan, and intercooler fan. best e.t. 8.22 @ 84.4 238hp 348tq

Good attempt with the Cobra. I have seen those things go, and even though I should theoretically have a chance against a stock one with my PE1820 turbo, I am still VERY timid whenever they are around....

Not really worried about running into modded ones, since 99% of people here don't mod for power....They usually go for rims, muffler, bodykit, wing, altezza's and then call it a day at that..
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: WRX vs. modded Lightning and modded 03 Cobra

Originally posted by Blue02wrx
    well, i beat one and lost to another. i beat the lightning by about 2 car lengths. we did a 45 mph kick. he had the auto kickdown and i had turbo lag so it was a fair race, not according to him, but i walked the dog on him. he said before the race he had exhaust, intake, chip and pulley upgrade. he said it dynoed 410 rwhp. his excuse was that it weighed 4700 pounds. i said i have a 2.0l 4 cylinder, he stopped his whining. the cobra pulled me about 3 or 4 car lenghths right off the bat then slowly walked away. i did better than i thought i would. same 45 mph kick here, he wouldn't go from a stop. he had the car dynoed 2 weeks ago and made 460hp and 501tq...he had fuel pump, headers, exhaust, intake and pulley upgrade, maybe a chip, i don't remember. those cars are fast to start with but mess with them and watch out. i might be able to hang with or beat a stock one.
    A modded 03 Cobra is just to much for a WRX but to bad he wouldn't race you from a dead stop. With all that HP he would have serious traction issues on the street.