Read about this at Club SI....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Read about this at Club SI.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I need some input on this, it sounds really awkward to me: "My buddy is in a mechanic's program at ...

Read about this at Club SI....

I need some input on this, it sounds really awkward to me:

"My buddy is in a mechanic's program at a tech school.
    He has a lot of import guys in class (mostly poorboy racing).

Some of the cars that are not in that category: WRX,Supra TT,2.5RS,and S2000.

They run these cars together after a lot of talk. This hatch (EG) went up against a WRX with a front mount (you dont have to say it,we told him)with a MBC. The hatch has an LS/VTEC. They raced,the hatch won.

Supra TT (dont know the mods yet) vs the hatch. Hatch won again.

Then they dyno. The LS/VTEC ran 177 at the wheels all motor,then with a 70 shot ran 23XHp at the wheels.

Then another guy with a B16 in an EG ran his hatch on the rollers. B16 with a GSR head (motor has 8.X to 1 compression-was a turbo motor before this guy got it)all motor ran 141hp and 94 tq. Hitting it with a 100 shot
    ;direct port yielded 252hp and 211 ft/lbs.

Sorry about the details,but Im getting this as it happens,piecing it together from emails from my friend in the class.

I hope to have some 1/4 times. The school is renting a lane for the day at a strip soon,I hope these guys will run. "

OK, 8:1 compression on a 1.6L engine? What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well for 177HP at the wheels, its not stock. Its fully built from bottom up. I have a friend with ls/vtec built from bottom up and its just putting 161HP to the wheels. Thats with an engine management system. I can believe a Civic HB with fully built(LS/VTEC) can take a stock WRX. But just a LS/VTEC straight swap wont even touch a WRX. Dont believe too much of the hype, no ones gonna tell you what they truely got. I used to blow the doors off Camaro's, Mustang's and Vet's with my 95 Civic HB LS/VTEC(built from bottom up). But let me tell you, it took alot more than just a swap. Try something like another $5K after the swap.

Originally posted by GREDDY
    Well for 177HP at the wheels, its not stock. Its fully built from bottom up. I have a friend with ls/vtec built from bottom up and its just putting 161HP to the wheels. Thats with an engine management system. I can believe a Civic HB with fully built(LS/VTEC) can take a stock WRX. But just a LS/VTEC straight swap wont even touch a WRX. Dont believe too much of the hype, no ones gonna tell you what they truely got. I used to blow the doors off Camaro's, Mustang's and Vet's with my 95 Civic HB LS/VTEC(built from bottom up). But let me tell you, it took alot more than just a swap. Try something like another $5K after the swap.
    But this is claiming it running 8:1 compression!!! For a 1.6L Honda motor to run low compression and still put out that kind of power is sort of far fetched...

unless that engine was bored and polished to a bigger size, I don't see how it can run higher hp without increasing the compression.. maybe he has one of those "spoon" engines with 13k rpm redline?

This wasn't in Akina was it?

hey I'm new here, but I post on I-club all the time

Originally posted by Suparu
    But this is claiming it running 8:1 compression!!! For a 1.6L Honda motor to run low compression and still put out that kind of power is sort of far fetched...
    Sure why cant that be possible? What the normal compression ratio on a civic like 10:1? It said that engine was turboed so thats probably why they lowered it to 8:1 compression. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but I dont think 8:1 is that far fetched.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.