WRX vs 95 Camaro z28 SS - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on WRX vs 95 Camaro z28 SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I totally agree with LIL SS on this one. You can't declare a car inconsistant because a bunch of DIFFERENT ...

Re: Re: My money's on the WRX

I totally agree with LIL SS on this one. You can't declare a car inconsistant because a bunch of DIFFERENT cars of DIFFERENT years in DIFFERENT trim with DIFFERENT transmissions with DIFFERENT mileage and DIFFERENT drivers inconsistant.

The only was you can prove this is too dyno test the cars as they roll off the assembly line and for the most part, I'll bet they are all pretty close.

There will always be "factory freaks" where every single tolerance stacks up in the cars favor and the car has incredible power. I'd be willing to bet these cars were actually just broken in with TLC and then driven extremely well at the track.

Originally posted by LIL SS
    My point is any and every car has a wide spread of times because of DRIVERS!!! The WRX may be a little less in consistant with the aid of AWD. But in reality they are inconsistant too..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: My money's on the WRX

Originally posted by LIL SS

It's not the F-body so much that is an inconsistant preformer, It's the driver!!! Should I go on to say, (In my best impression of Sam Kinasen) "AAOOHH don't believe the times these WRX's run.. AOOHHHHH They range anywhere from 14.1 in magazines AOH to 15.5's when people don't know how to drive.. AAOOH AAOOHH AOOOHHH.. "

My point is any and every car has a wide spread of times because of DRIVERS!!! The WRX may be a little less in consistant with the aid of AWD. But in reality they are inconsistant too..

Have a nice day, please drive through!!!

Don't agree...

while driver input is certainly important, regardless of vehicle, no amount of driver input can account for the wide variances i've seen in bone stock camaros, mustangs, and trans ams on the street...it all boils down to american production tolerances. The US union workers would literally have to commit murder on the job to get fired and as such, the cars vary quite a bit depending on what the assembly line workers had to drink the night before...You don't see that spread on European/Japanese cars...Perhaps thats why we're all driving WRX's. Happy racing all!!!!!!!

PS. HP, published times don't mean much unless u can back it up on the street. Don't sing it, Bring it!

A little off-topic, but in the early nineties when I was really into 2-stroke road bikes in the UK (owned a Suz RGV250), the magazine hacks were puzzling over 10HP differences between different examples of the Kawasaki KR1-S. This bike produced an impressive 60HP out of a 250cc 2-stroke twin, and was capable of topping 140mph. Anyway, it turns out that factory tolerances were so bad that the cylinder base was not machined squarely, causing it to bolt down at an angle to the crankcase and in-turn causing the powervalve mechanism to jam in the low position!

$hitty manufacturing tolerances is not just limited to US auto manufacturers.

-Pace

I just think pimpreza69 doesn't see things the way they really are!!

Platinum said it!!

"You can't declare a car inconsistant because a bunch of DIFFERENT cars of DIFFERENT years in DIFFERENT trim with DIFFERENT transmissions with DIFFERENT mileage and DIFFERENT drivers inconsistant.

The only was you can prove this is too dyno test the cars as they roll off the assembly line and for the most part, I'll bet they are all pretty close. "

I have seen many stock LS1 dynos and on the average M6's are with in 10hp to the wheels of each other and A4 are the same, within 10rwhp (M6 being aroung 310, A4 being around 300) There are factory freaks out there. There always has been and always will be, for EVERY manufacture..

PS the HP ratings above were for the F-bodies..

Platinum, I'm glad that we can agree to disagree sometimes and yet still see eye to eye on other subjects.. I personaly like that you listen to what others have to say and take it in. I'll admit I'm not always 100% right, but I will believe what I believe untill a solid point is made that proves me wrong (I do my homework before I talk about it). With that said, take it easy!!
    LETS PLAY

alright alright...

Alright, I'll let that topice lie...perhaps poor tolearances are not a US only issue, but lets just let our differences in opinion rest...To each his own....

Has anyone had a chance to race an RSX??? I was trying to egg a Type S on last night, but he wouldn't race...I"m thinking he would be toast at any speed...let me know..

Turbo XS Turbo Back Exhaust System including Super Huge Down Pipe

M2 Upipe
    K&N Filter Element

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.