Type R turbo VS WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Type R turbo VS WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was down in Portsmouth yesterday night. People all ways get together down there on Friday and Saturday nights. Anyway ...

Type R turbo VS WRX

I was down in Portsmouth yesterday night. People all ways get together down there on Friday and Saturday nights. Anyway they’re at less a 100 cars there. Me and my boys are chillin walking around working on are parking lot pimping skills (wink) any way I see this sexy ass chick sitting on a candy blue eclipse and my boy tries to holla first (BOOM!) shot down hard, she’s about to get married. Damn why can't I find a chick that likes to work on cars as much as me ****. (Any way back to the story.) O.k. so she sitting buy this supra (Her mans) all black looks pretty stock Accept the front mount intercooler. So we started shooting the **** and he ask's is my car AWD (yeah) is it fast (alright) can it beat my car (don't know lets find out). So we are about to pull out to go to a strip out of the way with no traffic. He comes over and was like I want you to race my boy first if you beat him then you can race me. (Alright) so we head down the place change to my race map. On the way there we slow down to about 30mph and go on three 1,2,3, were off I in front of him about a car and start pulling on him slowly till about 110 then I just left him. Next race. We get to the spot and line up from a stop this time. As he pull up I see the front mount he has on the car. (Not bad I'm thinking) 1,2,3 Go I jump about a car in a half in front of him. first gear lasted all but a second and I shifted my car pops ahead a little more maybe a 1/4 and then he shifts and he pops up a little back to about a car in a half behind. I'm thinking Third is Honda’s best gear so he better make it good if he's going to contend I pop 3rd gear first and take off now I'm about 1 3/4 cars in front of him and start leaving him badly after that. So we pull over to a Getty and he pops his hood to change his boost controller just long enough for me to read his engine tag B18C5 (type R) ouch!!! any way he makes a couple lone passes to get right and we go again from a roll because I eat his ass the last race so we go from about 35 1,2,3 go we take off and he stick to my side all thru 3rd he gets up to my front fender and and 4th he pulls up to me neck and neck then starts to pull away till he got about a fender in front then I start pulling on him and passed him barely before we brake for a turn. All in All it was and good race. I didn't get to race the supra But I’m racing the Type r and him again next week same place. So if some of you guys that live close and have nothing to do Sat Night why don't you show up.

FF
    Last edited by Flat_four; 04-20-2003 at 09:41 AM.
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz NUR Spec R Cat-back
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What Honda? When did you lose to the Supra? Do you even know what your blathering about? Please slow down when your typing...

he raced a turbo type r..... use context clues people. flat flour- i would get a turbo back now if you want to win the next race for sure bc i dont think his car was running right.

What Honda? When did you lose to the Supra? Do you even know what your blathering about? Please slow down when your typing...
    Can you read I didn't race the supra and the TYPE-r in japan there are called honda's.

flat flour- i would get a turbo back now if you want to win the next race for sure bc i dont think his car was running right.
    Read the sig.

look if this forum is going to blast people then they write treads you guy need to rename it to english 101.

FF
    P.S. Next time I'll have a friend record it so I don't have to write but somebody might have to host it for me.
    Last edited by Flat_four; 04-21-2003 at 06:41 AM.
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

Good kill man keep up the good work

Bishop

This is the second or third thread that you have craped on people...... You are new here but why not go a bit more gently at the begining.

Why don't YOU read the threads a bit more clearly?
    Don't flame. Be nice

to be honest, it was hard to read. flatfour, how about breaking it up to a few small paragraphs rather 1 big one...

either way, the ITR isnt running correctly. if he is running the way he is suppose to, he woulda left you, espeically off a roll...

honda do have good 3rd gear, but the transmission on the ITR, well, let's just say it's good on every gear, and the gearing is very good for a turbo honda/acura...

stock ITR is rated at 14.7, give or take, half a second off a WRX, but since it's off a roll, and the WRX dont have the launch on him, they are pretty even cars, with the edge goin to the ITR...

now your mods will help quite a bit, but he is goin from n/a to intercooled turbo. think about that...

even if he is running nothing more then a basic t3/t4 hybrid turbo, his car should be good for low 13s, if not better. b18c5/b18c1 responds very very very very well to boost, tuned b18c1 are seeing 15 plus whp per psi of boost...

Very nice, and I should be able to host it for you.....

Later,
    Jay
    www.In2Speed.com

even if he is running nothing more then a basic t3/t4 hybrid turbo, his car should be good for low 13s, if not better. b18c5/b18c1 responds very very very very well to boost, tuned b18c1 are seeing 15 plus whp per psi of boost...

I feel ya a Little but I pretty much got a stage three set up which is good for around 240 whp. The type with a standard 7 psi of boost with 15 (Which i think is bull****) whp per pound only has around 250 whp so I can see him pulling me slowly till top end. But I have a ton of more tq than he does.

FF
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

Bingo,
    I read his post 4 times, top to bottom. My wife read his post twice, top to bottom. My best friend got half way through the post and almost had an aneurism (OK so he isn't really bright)

I tried REALLY hard to discern exactly what he was talking about, but for the life of me... could not. Nor could the other people I let read it. I wasn't trying to be hard on him, or at least I didn't think I was.

"Can you read I didn't race the supra and The is the TYPE-r in japan there are called honda's. "

I mean c'mon, even his reply, which was only one sentence, was quite ummm.... Engrish?
    Last edited by Bishop; 04-21-2003 at 06:09 AM.

So what you are trying to say is that you are so bright you can't figure out what some body means or is saying if their are typo’s in a post. Well actually you and your wife and a friend. Damn dude I'll take a little street smart’s and some common sense over being an ass hole and married to a dumb ***** any day.

FF
    I spelled check it this time
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

Because I like all people smart-ass or dumb ass, makes me no difference. I’ll post this so that every body can understand

I was suppose to race a supra.

I ended up racing a turbo ITR (INTEGRA TYPE-R) instead.

The first race I won by a lot from a 30-35 MHP roll.

The second race I won a lot from a stand still.

The third race I won BARELY and maybe would have lost if we had raced farther.

I will race the supra and ITR again next weekend and will record and post it. Even if I get my ass handed to me.

FF

There if you can't understand that I can't help you.
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

Dude, I wasn't trying to be an *******, I was just flabbergasted after attempting to read it so many times and never fully getting the gist of the story. There were just alot of clear thought's put together in a "seemingly" random order. I just thought you typed it in one hell of a hurry and it came out like that.

I'm not talkin ****, but apprently I just don't understand your posts.

And there was no reason to insult my wife

Flat_Four

DUDE that last post was awesome, I totally understood everything you said!!

Congratulations, very nice kill!!

And good luck with the Supra, hope ya get him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast