celice gts intake.

This is a discussion on celice gts intake. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; today i was running with my friend in his celica gts. with only an intake his car was able to ...

celice gts intake.

today i was running with my friend in his celica gts. with only an intake his car was able to pull on my car but i didnt launch so i'm not sure what would have happened. but i got to downshift into 4th on the highway and he still pulled on me. is it me or the car??any helpful information would be appreciated. also i only have the hks carbon/ti and a gfb bov running 100%

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok with your mods your runing about 180 at the wheel. your car weights in a 3000+ pounds and its possible your blow off is causing decrease proformance. Now his running about 165/170 at the wheel asumming he's got a gts. and his car weights in at about 2600+ pounds and his got a gear ratio thats worth a damn you do the math.

FF
    Last edited by Flat_four; 04-21-2003 at 12:58 PM.
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz NUR Spec R Cat-back
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

I'm a little confused...

1) You should rape a GTS 0-60. Those things are low 7 sec. cars stock. If anything your friend is doing a 6.5 sec 0-60. My suggestion is you work on your launch. Without a good launch, our car losses its AWD main advantage to beat other cars.

2) Did you say that he beat you on the highway? First of all, unless your going like 100 mph already, you should be downshifting to 3rd, not 4th when racing. 4th gear on the highway is used when you're trying to pass that slow grandma in front of you. Second, don't feel bad if you lose on the highway to some cars. Our cars basically suck in 4th/5th gear. I had a RSX Type S beat me once going 80-120 mph.

Dude, get rid of the BOV (unless you just got to have it) and shift at 6800-7000 rpms (since you're stock). The exhaust does help a little AND it'd be to your advantage to get a MBC (or an EBC if the money is just burning a whole in your pocket). Turn the boost up to about 16.5psi and you'll surprised with the added power (not only max power but the way that your boost curve will change with the MBC, which adds lots more torque down low and of course more HP everywhere).

The important note here is that you should be UP-shifting way up high through every shift and when down shifting make sure to go to the right gear, i.e while driving at 75mph in 5th you need to drop to 3rd and romp on it 'til redline (nearly 90-95 in your case).
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?