STi footage! vs. SRT-4 no less!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi footage! vs. SRT-4 no less! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dunno if this is WTLW, but hey, its worth posting again even if it was already posted. Found it ...

STi footage! vs. SRT-4 no less!

I dunno if this is WTLW, but hey, its worth posting again even if it was already posted. Found it on NASIOC...2004 Subaru WRX STi vs. 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4:

http://www.redfaktor.com/dump/MOV03356.MPG

Some guys worked out the numbers. With a bogged launch the damn thing would do about a 13.6. Best run would've equalled to a 13.1 @ 103 mph. WOW. And who said this thing wouldn't have topend.

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bad azz!! who wants to go put this on srtforms with something like evah or something ghey next to it! hahaha that was sweet wish the vid was longer tho
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Hehe, it only just begun, what's next on the list Evo 8?, now that i really wanna post it on the Evo forum. Also talking about taking their thunder away so quickly this year, just when they thought they think they had a better car than the WRX ( Yeah right lol ) now they have to deal with big brother STi ouch!. Oh well all i could say is great kill and let the games begin!!!!!
    Last edited by 5'7 Assassin; 04-19-2003 at 11:06 PM.
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

Re: STi footage! vs. SRT-4 no less!

Originally posted by slimasian
    IAnd who said this thing wouldn't have topend.

-slim
    103mph is great top end? Compared to what, a WRX? Certainly not compared to an SRT-4 that's capable of 102mph.

I'm sorry, but if the car ran a 13.1 at 108mph, I would say that's great topend. Otherwise, its right up there with a stock Evo VIII and SRT-4.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

That would be sweet if this car is capable of low 13 sec such as that. Im gonna wait till they are out before I blow my load, but just imagine this car in more experienced hands. Let this car breath more and itll be nuts.

So do I just wait a few years and get a new Cobra, or do I get a job and trade in for an STi in a year or so?

oh the agony of waiting!!
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    That would be sweet if this car is capable of low 13 sec such as that. Im gonna wait till they are out before I blow my load, but just imagine this car in more experienced hands. Let this car breath more and itll be nuts.

So do I just wait a few years and get a new Cobra, or do I get a job and trade in for an STi in a year or so?

oh the agony of waiting!!

I couldn't decide what car I wanted. I really did consider an 03 Cobra, but I just put a down payment on a 2004 STi. What made me change my mind was my race against a
    2002 M3 the other day. Slipping the clutch at 4K, I left that M3 a good 2 cars back at the top of 1st gear. I've done the same to Z06 Vettes, Lightnings, etc. I will do the same to an 03 Cobra. Try racing from a dead stop at 8am in the morning with cold tires in a Cobra. You will be left spinning on the line. I get the majority of my races on the street. I just love the way a WRX jumps off the line. Even at 8am in the morning with cold tires a WRX can haul ass from a dead stop. Just try that with a Cobra, z28. SRT-4, Vette etc. They just can't touch a modded WRX in a stop light to stop light battle.
    Also you get great traction on wet, sandy, dirty, road conditions. Its a all weather performance car. Definately can't be said about the Cobra.

At the drag strip the Cobra might be king but on the street its going to be the STi.

video...

well sorry to say.. but in that video i can't tell if its a WRX with mods or even if that is an SRT-4.... i still have not seen one around here where i live to take on... and only one EVO.. i was going to get the sti but decided that its cheaper at the mod point i am at just to upgrade....besides my payment would go up like big time.. another 100 or so.. nice video and kill either way. wish there was a track around here for racing....

Phat vid!
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Re: Re: STi footage! vs. SRT-4 no less!

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    103mph is great top end? Compared to what, a WRX? Certainly not compared to an SRT-4 that's capable of 102mph.

I'm sorry, but if the car ran a 13.1 at 108mph, I would say that's great topend. Otherwise, its right up there with a stock Evo VIII and SRT-4.
    I expect the sti to trap at a higher speed given that the txs stage 4's trap at around 108-110 average..."worked out" numbers are rarely accurate. Until I see consistent 1/4 times and mph's, I'll take this with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by FastARSEWRX; 04-20-2003 at 01:37 PM.

nice video.... are the STi's even out yet? maybe it was for a mag. article...
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Did anyone else hear the SRT-4's tires spin? I wonder what it will run with good traction....
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Re: video...

Originally posted by wrxracer
    well sorry to say.. but in that video i can't tell if its a WRX with mods or even if that is an SRT-4.... i still have not seen one around here where i live to take on... and only one EVO.. i was going to get the sti but decided that its cheaper at the mod point i am at just to upgrade....besides my payment would go up like big time.. another 100 or so.. nice video and kill either way. wish there was a track around here for racing....
    There are pics of the car from that day on nasioc.com too it is definatly an sti unless someone bought an 04 wrx and swaped it with a usdm sti interior and swapped hood scoops and wings, took out the radio, and put sti badges all over his car. And yes that is an srt-4 thats what they look like.
    Alex

Originally posted by AjDaMan
    Did anyone else hear the SRT-4's tires spin? I wonder what it will run with good traction....
    That's the thing....... they don't get good traction, unless they have some serious suspension work, or some big ole slicks. Dodge screwed up big time making it an open diff.

Plus, he was racing an STI. No match there, no matter what the SRT-4 forums say.

Blue
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

Actually both of the cars spun their tires, the guy in the sti had the dccd on full lock(50:50) and was still spinning all 4, the 1/8th mile drag strip they were at is notorious for having no traction at all.
    Alex

Originally posted by 5'7 Assassin
    Hehe, it only just begun, what's next on the list Evo 8?, now that i really wanna post it on the Evo forum. Also talking about taking their thunder away so quickly this year, just when they thought they think they had a better car than the WRX ( Yeah right lol ) now they have to deal with big brother STi ouch!. Oh well all i could say is great kill and let the games begin!!!!!
    Fastest stock time for the EVO8 so far is 13.1 @ 104.

And in the first post... "worked out the numbers"... ??? So you mean it didn't pull a 13.6? Squash all that calculation bull****, get some real track times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast