STi footage! vs. SRT-4 no less! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on STi footage! vs. SRT-4 no less! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by boostyle Questioning unproven track times is hating now? Whoah... what's the world coming to... ? Look its ...

Originally posted by boostyle
    Questioning unproven track times is hating now?

Whoah... what's the world coming to... ?
    Look its just the way it is, there will always be something better coming out and its regardless if you have the timeslip or not, thats what i meant by stop hating. Dont get me wrong an Evo 8 is a great car but the STi is a way much better performance car than the Evo 8
    Last edited by 5'7 Assassin; 04-23-2003 at 06:48 AM.
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm curious if we'll be able to swap brakes...I'd love to have those Brembos on my rex...

Originally posted by XtianLA
    I'm curious if we'll be able to swap brakes...I'd love to have those Brembos on my rex...
    Its unknown at this time, if you can you will need 18inch wheels. No one is sure yet if the mounting points are the same, wait 2 weeks and we will know.
    Alex

Originally posted by 5'7 Assassin
    Look its just the way it is, there will always be something better coming out and its regardless if you have the timeslip or not, thats what i meant by stop hating. Dont get me wrong an Evo 8 is a great car but the STi is a way much better performance car than the Evo 8
    And you base that on what factual numbers? In which way is the STI better a performance car? Please show us proof. ahh you can't because there are no real world actual numbers yet.

no im not taking anything away from the STI, it's a beast. but we do not have any real world factual numbers to compare to the evo so far. blatant comments like that without numbers to back it up isn't prudent. When the STI comes out and we get some numbers on it then we'll make that judgement.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    And you base that on what factual numbers? In which way is the STI better a performance car? Please show us proof. ahh you can't because there are no real world actual numbers yet.

no im not taking anything away from the STI, it's a beast. but we do not have any real world factual numbers to compare to the evo so far. blatant comments like that without numbers to back it up isn't prudent. When the STI comes out and we get some numbers on it then we'll make that judgement.
    Look it doesn't matter what numbers or " Actual Numbers " that both cars would put up in a 1/4 mile race because it will always go down to the drivers skill who's handling the veichle anyway. So why even bother to try to find factual proof of what the car is capable of doing based on times that would vary depending on the drivers skill. If you want to base it on fact then you might as well consider on the other factors as well i.e. drivers reaction time, shifting techniques, etc. because all of these other factors will also affect your time results. Also if you compare the specs of both cars isnt it this enough proof on which one is better?
    Last edited by 5'7 Assassin; 04-23-2003 at 11:35 PM.
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

the specs we have only says which is faster in a straight line, we have nothing to compare handling to yet though.
    Alex

Also if you compare the specs of both cars isnt it this enough proof on which one is better?
    Ohhhh okay I get it...

260HP Mustang GT vs 255HP Mazda RX-7...
    3300 lbs. vs 2800 lbs.

I get it, more horse = BETTER!

Lets not pay attention to...

GEARING
    AERODYNAMICS
    RELIABILITY
    PROVEN MOTORS
    BUILD QUALITY

Granted all those things are not exactly true on these cars but you get the point. yourself.

Look it doesn't matter what numbers or " Actual Numbers " that both cars would put up in a 1/4 mile race because it will always go down to the drivers skill who's handling the veichle anyway. So why even bother to try to find factual proof of what the car is capable of doing based on times that would vary depending on the drivers skill. If you want to base it on fact then you might as well consider on the other factors as well i.e. drivers reaction time, shifting techniques, etc. because all of these other factors will also affect your time results. Also if you compare the specs of both cars isnt it this enough proof on which one is better?
    keep on rolling dem eyes because you're the only one making urself look stupid here.

mag bench racers amaze me sometimes.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.