STi footage! vs. SRT-4 no less! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi footage! vs. SRT-4 no less! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; They guy with the sti had run at a 1/4 mile track earlier in the week and said he pulled ...

They guy with the sti had run at a 1/4 mile track earlier in the week and said he pulled a 13.0 the track in the vid is only a 1/8th mile though.
    Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by afpdl
    They guy with the sti had run at a 1/4 mile track earlier in the week and said he pulled a 13.0 the track in the vid is only a 1/8th mile though.
    Here's a dumb ass question...

Why would someone go to a 1/8 mile track if he could go to a 1/4 mile one? He said she said, post a timeslip please.

I have no idea why he was at a 1/8th mile drag unless he lived right by it, but why would any of us have a time slip?
    Alex

I have no idea why he was at a 1/8th mile drag unless he lived right by it, but why would any of us have a time slip?
    You know what I mean... where's his timeslip? I'm pretty sure everyone would wanna see one if its a new car with uncertain times as of yet and the person is claiming these nice numbers.

He cant give out a time slip, hes a memeber of the press. There is a press embargo untill may 1st, the guy cant stop people from taking pictures of the car and talking about what they saw but he cant just post a time slip and expect subaru to let him get away with it. Sti's have had many passes at drag stips but there are no time slips posted for a reason.
    Alex

I think I heard the announcer say "Reaction Time 1.9" ??? Was he talkin about the SRT? I've never actually drag raced at a track before so I don't know all about the terms and stuff...

You cant really hear what car he is talking about. FYI reaction time is the time it take your car to leave the staging lights after the light turns green.
    Alex

You cant really hear what car he is talking about. FYI reaction time is the time it take your car to leave the staging lights after the light turns green.
    ahh, okay, thanx.

<------would take an all wheel drive astrovan over that lil blue car in the video

now i can't wait till may 1st...damnit afpdl
    lambosv21

Originally posted by boostyle
    Fastest stock time for the EVO8 so far is 13.1 @ 104.

And in the first post... "worked out the numbers"... ??? So you mean it didn't pull a 13.6? Squash all that calculation bull****, get some real track times.
    Lol stop hating
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

Originally posted by 5'7 Assassin
    Lol stop hating
    Questioning unproven track times is hating now?

Whoah... what's the world coming to... ?

SBW
    Timeslip is sure enough the only real proof, but 13.0 flat seems pretty believeable(sp?).

If we're talking about what the car is capable of, I dont think there's any reason to doubt it couldn't run a 13 or maybe lower. I just think the trap speed could be higher.

13.6 is a good time. in a hand of a person with more time in the car, i see no reason it wont run at least a low 13 sec pass if not faster.

btw, those times are very close to what evos are running currently stock.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Once again, i dunno if this is WTLW...but here...

http://impreza.subaru.com/microsites...sti/wrxsti.jsp

The official STi page from Subaru. Guys, this car is seriously well done. The interior has some subtle touches that make you know its the STi. Not to mention DCCD, manually controlled intercooler waterspray, 6 speed close ratio short throw shifting tranny...so many toys in one car...sheesh the last time I felt so awe inspired by a car was when the new M3's were released.

Bravo Subaru. Bravo. Way to kick some ass.

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

Thats not only wtlw that way to 3-4 months ago

J/K man
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.