Raced a Camaro SS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Raced a Camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice kill LawRider, Anything can happen on the streets. You have a nice A4 there, keep up the good work. ...

Nice kill LawRider,

Anything can happen on the streets. You have a nice A4 there, keep up the good work.

As far as the LS1 is concerned, a lot of folks with highly modified 4 bangers can hang with if not beat stock LS1s. Its the modified LS1s I never hear about. Its all about picking your races wisely .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Raced a Camaro SS

[QUOTE
    The driver just says "damn you dominated." He then peels off into the night. [/B][/QUOTE]

Very cool kill....Very cool post and I really liked that the guy was cool with you after.....shows everyone here that german, jap and american cars can all get along if everyone is cool.

Race, be safe and above all represent with pride!
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Re: Re: Raced a Camaro SS

Originally posted by skullguy
    Race, be safe and above all represent with pride!
    Amen brother!!!!

do you expect us to believe that you are able to do this???

http://christurner.net/supra/03-BPU++-TA1.avi.

get real, T28 isnt big enough to push enough air on a 1.8T with awd on the highway, maybe a tuned S4 with all that APR crap and race gas. APR stage III on a A4 yields around 280hp with this $4k mod. Stock the LS1 346C.I. V8 throws down 293 hp, adjusted that makes for about 340-350horsepower @ the crank. Your gearing would work against your 280-300hp car. A4's have 4.10 gears, and the borg warner 6spd is mated to a 3.42 ratio and makes for an acceleration curve that doesnt drop off as much as yours.

Even automatics are fast in these cars. This girl drove a white auto T/A at Byron, IL and posted a 2.0 60' time, followed with a first run of 13.6 at 105, and a best of 13.31 at 107 with the only modification being borla exhaust and a wisper lid.

The car that we rode up to byron was a full bolt on WS6 Auto with modifications 245 nitto's on 16's, heads, intake, fuel, ecu, subframe connectors, and a 3600 stall, ran 12.30 114mph?? (wasnt sure,) all motor, wet kit 125 drops another 7 tenths, to a 11.6 @ 123mph. So yes these cars when modified can rape alot of cars. Oh, his 60' is 1.7 by the way
    2003 Black Sedan
    M/T

Great kill!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

MidnightblackEJ,

A friend of mine with my turbo kit but a smaller exhaust ran a 13.100 @ 104.71...that was on pump gas. That number would put me in the hunt with an SS.

My kit has GIAC programming, not the conservative APR software. The T28 is my car is not the standard small trim T28, its a big trim T28, and the killer big trim T28s are pushing DSMs into the high 12's.

Your video link does not work, but i never said my car is a Supra. Maybe the SS owner i raced needs to learn to launch (maybe it was an auto), but what happened, happened.

The gearing on an A4 is in no way a detriment, if anything id like taller gears in 4th and 5th. I walked a C5 vert from 30-100mph (along with an E46 M3). From the roll-on i only slowly kept ahead and walked away, nothing like from the launch. Keep in mind i probably make about 300 ft-lb of torque.

I see aveage of 20psi from 3k to 7k. 22psi in the summer, 18 psi in the winter.

I never said the SS was modded, frankly he was probably stock. Big deal. You just listed a well built Camaro in the low 12's... If i did a built 2.0L id made ~400hp on 93, 450hp on race, and would be, once again, in the hunt. My car is the limit of simple bolt-ons, the engine has stock internals, stock head, stock fuel rail, etc...

Any car can be modded wild. I ran a dark blue SS...whether it was stock or I/H/E with hot cams, ive no idea, the guy didnt tell me his mods, just asked me what i had done. Frankly i was happy that they were cool and not pissed off.

BTW Camaro SS's sticker for more money than my A4 did, so please don't tell me that my car cost 2x what that SS did. I love the SS, but their stickers (before the F bodies were cancelled) was outraegous.

The way i saw it two low 13 cars ran, and one was faster...that's all, that's it.

Since your in Chicago, perhaps we should meet up, though i can't tell what you drive.

Cheers,
    Sameer
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

Originally posted by MidnightBlackEJ
    do you expect us to believe that you are able to do this???

http://christurner.net/supra/03-BPU++-TA1.avi.

get real, T28 isnt big enough to push enough air on a 1.8T with awd on the highway, maybe a tuned S4 with all that APR crap and race gas. APR stage III on a A4 yields around 280hp with this $4k mod. Stock the LS1 346C.I. V8 throws down 293 hp, adjusted that makes for about 340-350horsepower @ the crank. Your gearing would work against your 280-300hp car. A4's have 4.10 gears, and the borg warner 6spd is mated to a 3.42 ratio and makes for an acceleration curve that doesnt drop off as much as yours.

Even automatics are fast in these cars. This girl drove a white auto T/A at Byron, IL and posted a 2.0 60' time, followed with a first run of 13.6 at 105, and a best of 13.31 at 107 with the only modification being borla exhaust and a wisper lid.

The car that we rode up to byron was a full bolt on WS6 Auto with modifications 245 nitto's on 16's, heads, intake, fuel, ecu, subframe connectors, and a 3600 stall, ran 12.30 114mph?? (wasnt sure,) all motor, wet kit 125 drops another 7 tenths, to a 11.6 @ 123mph. So yes these cars when modified can rape alot of cars. Oh, his 60' is 1.7 by the way
    LS1 A4's (automatic 4 speed) come with either 2.73's or 3.23's, not 4.10's... I've seen stock LS1's dyno anywhere from 278 rwhp (automatic, My old 98 Formula to be precise) to just over 320 (M6 SS, Shaitiger's car to be precise) at the rear wheels. No two are alike, and the drivers are certainly never alike.

Any race on the street can have different results than what the timeslips at the track might indicate, especially when the cars are a close match. If you hesitate a half second, you've given up perhaps 3-5 car lengths at the end of the 1/4 mile. And most impromptu races on the street are never an *identical* punch. No reason for me to believe he didn't take down the SS as described.

Sameer's posts, in my opinion, have always been humble and straightforward... No BS... Nice kill.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Thanks for support Dan...i know not to run any pewter Firehawks

Ill plan to be at the JSCC autocrosses this year. I did an ACCCC at JSCC couple weeks ago, i was sideways half the time Funny how much oversteer a 100whp Miata can generate when you get on the throttle at exactly the wrong time!

I intend to do the ACCCC (Audi car club Chicago chapter) most the JSCC, and then the WCMC (Windy City Miata Club). Then Blackhawk Farms and Gingerman for track stuff. It will be a fun year. I hope to meet ya at the JSCC stuff.

Cheers,
    Sameer
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.

Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.

I plan to make most of the JSCC events this year. But not nearly as much track time as you'll be seeing at all the other events <jealous>. The first one on May 4th I might miss, since I'm the best man in a wedding the night before. If I'm there, it'll probably be late and just to watch.

My Hawk vert is probably one of the slowest Head/Cam LS1's in existence. It dynos at 400 rwhp, but it also weighs in at 3920 lbs with me in it. Best track time to date is 12.52 at 113.5 ish on a 2.1 sixty foot. But it's still fun to have a car that you can drop the top and have some fun with a v8 and rwd (as you know with the Monster Miata conversion. ). The lighter and more nimble WRX is a much easier and forgiving track car. The Hawk requires a lot more concentration to go fast around the turns. In any case, I plan on doing some autoxing with both of them this year. Hope to see you out there!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

http://www.pes-tuning.com/oldsite/index.html

http://ls1.com/qtrmile1.htm

You walked an SS in second??? with 270 horse to the wheels, maybe VW FWD with a similar power could walk the camaro, but that LS1 is within two hundred pounds of your car. from a light youd win, from a roll, yea youd get eaten, and thats a stocker were considering.
    as for the C5 the only awd 4 banger ive seen pull on a vette at highway speeds 70-140 so far is 2nd gen dsm on race gas with a T3/T4 kit... ran 11.70's. i dont buy the BS yet.. only if the guy in the vette missed a shift. Your not even twelves and youve spent 4 grand.

http://www.randomtechnology.com/ls1_graf.html

Thats cool, i love audi's but the numbers dont match up, and i dont think enough people have raced LS1's yet.. Especially C5's. Sure youll get your AWD sub 2.0 sixty foot, but you only have 2tenths for that launch, then the LS1 vette (stock) screams up 100 in 11.3 seconds (motor trend, 2003 anniversary edition). so if you dare start at 30, with turbolag, and 4.10 gears, just listen to that exhaust note, its a high compression, 346 cubic inch motor with 320ft lbs at the wheels. Its hungry and its gonna get ya top end.
    2003 Black Sedan
    M/T

MidnightblackEJ,

Well like i said, what happened, happened. I honestly do not know my car's output as it stands. The PES dyno you are seeing is with everything else stock...ive finished everything else, and its completely reasonable to believe i make ~330hp crank. I hope you realize how much IC and open exhausts help turbo cars.

One thing is for sure, its not BS. Maybe the drivers didn't know how to drive, or they got scared, or they just goaded me, maybe it was a ricer with SS badges on a Z28?) but I have no reason to BS. Heck i can meet up with Dan, let his Firehawk knock the snot out of me, and come back and talk about it. In fact im looking to lose a race to see where i am in the pecking order, and that's just incentive to actually crack open the engine

When that SS went at it i thought i would get walked, but once i passed 5k in 2nd, he didn't. Through 3rd he didn't...i in fact gained perhaps a car length. There is no turbo lag, there is no tall gearing for me to overcome....i go from vacuume to 20psi instantly once im past 3k. Interestingly, no one at the Z28 board i posted on called it BS there.

If you want to meet up and do a few runs id be glad to do so. Im not pissed, this is not ill beat your ass kind of a thing ((besides, im a criminal prosecutor, so wouldn't look good if i were hauled before the judges that i prosecute criminals in front of, would it? ).

My car continues to surprise me though, i know that much. Too bad an AWD dyno is $120 a run...and too bad AWD dynos never look that impressive.

Next step is a Electronic Boost controller (ProfecB EBC). I will log O2, boost, knock and EGTs with a VAG-COM, and then dial in more boost to free some more power. I will also in time pick up the race program (100 octane) to try.

Cheers,
    Sameer
    99.5 A4 1.8T28

Why is this so horribly unbelievable? I've ridden in (never driven) a PES modified A4 and that thing had massive balls, probably not SS balls, but either way. Anything can happen on the street, and this is definitely true. I beat a Mits Eclipse GS-T light to light in my slushbox Geo Tracker. Now anyone in their right mind wouldn't believe me and call me a horrible liar, however it did happen because the guy was laughing so hard at me revving at him that he blew his launch and his first shift and I was at the next light by the time he regained his composure. (true story). I totally believe he was capable of taking the SS.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Agreed. It's harsh on the mean streets out there. Seconds ain't much in the real world.

P.S. STIwish, love the handle!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Its actually my license plate on my WRX, thanks for the props
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

SBW
    Nice kill man, I love to hear about the 1.8t conquests.

My friend just put his gt30 on his 1.8t gti, should be interesting to see that focker run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12