WRX 1 Squirrel 0 :( - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX 1 Squirrel 0 :( within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WilliamG Man that sucks. I bet you the squirrel only had 4PR (Four Paw Run) and couldn't ...

Re: Re: WRX 1 Squirrel 0 :(

Originally posted by WilliamG
    Man that sucks. I bet you the squirrel only had 4PR (Four Paw Run) and couldn't get out of the way in time because of paw spin.

Dang...
    ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sitting at a stop sign, waiting my turn.....

smallish fawn runs outta the woods and clocks the side of the car. Wham! I hop out, to find a nice dent in the side of the 325is. It was my friends car, he just giggled like a moron. Must be nice to be filthy-stinking rich.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I almost got a little tear with that kitten.

1st, An older, female cousin was driving along her merry way as a teenager (therefore probably not paying attention) when she hit a bird head on in the grill. As she kept driving traumatized by the fact that she had hitthe bird, feathers started flying into the car through the air vents! I think she then flipped out and pulled over.

2nd, As I was in high school driving a Ranger, I was driving on a strait back road going about 60. There were a bunch of birds in the road, so I start honking. They all fly off except this one bird that rode the preverbial short bus. I figure I'll go right over it, so I keep going. It takes off to fly away as I get up to it, and I smack it good with the front of the truck. We never saw the body, but we looked in the rear view mirror and saw a cloud of feathers all over the place.

3rd, As I was with a group getting ready to start a backpacking trip, we were putting on our packs along a logging road. There was a big white mutt dog that seemed like it was deaf. Along came a big logging truck and somehow the dog got under the tires of the trailer as it was passing by. Ran right over it's neck, and it just laid there with blood just squirting, pulsating out its nose. It ended up dying there, and we moved it to the side of the road. I think the kitten would have been much worse than this though.

bat
    heh nothin beats the other day when i was drivin my s10 to school i took a backroad...(god forbid i ever take that way again) i was just cruisin along and this FRICKIN HUGE PEACOCK comes flying by smacks the grill flys up skids across my window i almost crapped myself and next thing i know im sitting on some old ladys yard laughing and theres this huge bird in the road behind me lol. the lady comes out screaming at me to get off her grass as i point back and she sees the bird, shuts up and goes back inside lol. i left it at that and then at school the morning announcements came on and of course they just had to point out everyone needs to vote for me as the worse senior driver im kinda proud i hit a peacock though...i got a place in the yearbook lol

There's hardly anything sadder than killing an innocent critter. It's too bad that it is almost unavoidable at times. For those of us who are motorcyclists (as well as WRX drivers) it becomes a whole lot more serious, as there is an excellent chance that the critter won't be the only one who gets hurt. I think when you ride long enough you don't take the same chances while driving that you might otherwise. You learn when and where there are likely to be critters and you take steps to avoid unhappy encounters. What convinced me to be more careful (in addition to being a softy for squirrels and the like) was when I actually ran into a large buck while riding my motorcycle at about 35 mph. We both went down, we both got up about the same time, brushed ourselves off, and continued on our respective ways. That was enough for me to decide that in addition to not wanting to feel awful for killing a poor critter, there was a very real possibility that I would suffer a similar fate. These days I won't speed any place where either deer or squirrels are likely to hang around...knock on wood, it's working...so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.