Close encounter with a black Type R - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Close encounter with a black Type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Iruka Its my dream car so don't bag the Type-R pls Mine too actually but I could ...

Originally posted by Iruka
    Its my dream car so don't bag the Type-R pls
    Mine too actually but I could never find one when I'm in search for a new car. One time, I looked for a Type R for ONE whole year but sadly there was none available.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not worth it, with the amount of markup they want for a used one. I still see some 2001 type R going for 24.5 grand with 20k miles on it.. totally not worth it. The same with Si, 17.8k for a 2000 si with 30k miles? you got to be kidding.

ITRGSR differences

Originally posted by All8up
    An ITR is much more than a GSR. If we speak of just the engine alone...cams, valves, valve springs, polished intake manifold, pistons. Also note the ITR runs at 11.1 compression vs the GSR's 10.5. Also it is a rumor that the ITR does not take well to mods because it can put down some solid numbers (close to 200 to the ground w/ toda cams, intake, jdm header..etc).

Anyways, I'm sure if you race an ITR with your boost turned up, it would get really ugly.
    actually compression in a ITR is 10.6:1
    GSR is 10.0:1. GSR takes to turbo applications better than ITR cuz of the difference in CR. also ITR have better cams, pistons, valvesprings, hand ported head, higher redline, 30% better flowing exhaust, single runner intake mani, bigger TB, close ratio tranny, stiffer springs/struts, lighter bodywt, and stiffer chassis, and bigger brakes. stock ITR dyno at 162-165ish while GSR's dyno 150's ish both being stock.
    ITR's take very well to mods but they have to be the right ones.
    usually CAI, toda cams or similiar cams, JDM header w/ 2.5 collector, and 2.5 hi flow cat and exhaust and something to tune the fuel w/ dyno tuning and u can easily get close to 200hp to the wheels. same mods to a GSR and u r lucky to get over 180's.
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

I think there are cams from japan that are more aggressive then the ones currently employeed in the Type R. It won't hurt the low enf at all since it uses the factory profile but the top end with an additional increase in lift and duration will make it very powerful.

Originally posted by Suparu
    I think there are cams from japan that are more aggressive then the ones currently employeed in the Type R. It won't hurt the low enf at all since it uses the factory profile but the top end with an additional increase in lift and duration will make it very powerful.
    toda's, jun, spoon are from japan

toda's and jun are the most popular for ITR/GSR owners

i have ITR cams in my GSR and they are great. good midrange with decent top end and of course OE honda cams too
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

God
    Originally posted by Bliss

Gaining 10-15% power on a US Type-R with those mods just doesn't sound right. Maybe on a regular GSR but not a Type-R. For each mod alone (specifically on honda/acura), the most hp you can get is 2-3 hp. So in total, that car would have between 5-10 hp. In conclusion, that would be a 5% gain (for a Type-R). If the Type-R, in the other hand, had the cams then THAT would give somewhat of significant power gain.

The GSR is easier to mod compared to the Type-R. The gains with the i/h/e would benifit the GSR more then the R.... especially if it had cams.
    This is incorrect. I can get more power out of a Type R than a GSR everytime. True the HP gained would give the edge to the GSR but overall power the ITR is better. Here's an example of my work. No forced induction whatsoever. All natural motor:

Now you say only 210 at the wheels but keep in mind the ITR weighs only 2600 lbs. This motor is now going into a Civic hatch with a total weight goal of 2000 lbs. Should run 12's easily with no turbo, SC or anything else. This car has been built and designed by yours truly with Toda pistons, Spec C camshafts and is running 430cc injectors and a custom ECU setup but is driven daily and gets 29 MPG.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Looks good dan

im sure u got all the Toda goodies going into that hatch
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.