Stg 4 WRX vs 02 BMW, M3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 4 WRX vs 02 BMW, M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Oh yea, I finally got a race against an new M3. I was cruising down U.S 41 early this morning ...

Stg 4 WRX vs 02 BMW, M3

Oh yea, I finally got a race against an new M3.

I was cruising down U.S 41 early this morning and I was coming up on this newer model M3 (looked nice). As soon as I got to its rear end the guy quickly downshifts and takes off like a rocket (car is fast). I couldn't believe it. So I followed him (trying to catch up). Fortunately for me he got caught at a red light up the road. I pull in next to him and I could hear him holding his revs up waiting for the light to turn green.
    The race
    I went all out for this one. I revved to about 4k and slipped the clutch as soon as the light went green. I got a perfect launch and pulled about 1-2 cars on him by the top of 1st gear. I slammed it into second and held about 2 cars on him through 2nd gear. I slammed it into 3rd gear and held on strong with a 2-3 car lead.
    He gave up at about 80mph with me a solid 3 cars in front of him.

As you can see he was fast. I won the race on the start. We were pretty close in speed after that.

He pulled along side of me after the race and yelled to me " WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN THAT THING?"
    I told him "I have an upgraded turbo and run 12s in the 1/4 mile so don't feel bad". He smiled. I asked him what year his M3 was and he told me it was a 2002 Model. We waved and said later and went on our way. Great race and cool guy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool kill

nice kill.. those things are wicked fast.. can't wait to do my turbo upgrades....

Re: Stg 4 WRX vs 02 BMW, M3

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Oh yea, I finally got a race against an new M3.

I was cruising down U.S 41 early this morning and I was coming up on this newer model M3 (looked nice). As soon as I got to its rear end the guy quickly downshifts and takes off like a rocket (car is fast). I couldn't believe it. So I followed him (trying to catch up). Fortunately for me he got caught at a red light up the road. I pull in next to him and I could hear him holding his revs up waiting for the light to turn green.
    The race
    I went all out for this one. I revved to about 4k and slipped the clutch as soon as the light went green. I got a perfect launch and pulled about 1-2 cars on him by the top of 1st gear. I slammed it into second and held about 2 cars on him through 2nd gear. I slammed it into 3rd gear and held on strong with a 2-3 car lead.
    He gave up at about 80mph with me a solid 3 cars in front of him.

As you can see he was fast. I won the race on the start. We were pretty close in speed after that.

He pulled along side of me after the race and yelled to me " WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN THAT THING?"
    I told him "I have an upgraded turbo and run 12s in the 1/4 mile so don't feel bad". He smiled. I asked him what year his M3 was and he told me it was a 2002 Model. We waved and said later and went on our way. Great race and cool guy.
    I love that line. "What do you have in that thing?" I wonder if he could have beat you from a roll.

Great story I love gracious loo...uh...runner-ups
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I am just hunting for an M3 that is game! I wanna test out my Stage 4 plus PE1820 out on it so see what happens!
    Funny how there were everywhere when I was at my lowly Stage 2, but now that I have something for them, they are nowhere to be seen.....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: Re: Stg 4 WRX vs 02 BMW, M3

Originally posted by BamBooI
    I love that line. "What do you have in that thing?" I wonder if he could have beat you from a roll.
    I got an even better line from a Lightning I smoked the other night. After I was slowing down, he pulled up next to me, the window goes down, and the passenger leans his head out the window. "What the F#$@ is that thing!?!" All he got from me was a nonchalant "It's a WRX." plus a thumbs up for racing

Good kill on the M3! Theres a few around here I've been trying to line up against, its only a matter of time
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

You should've told him that you were stock, but you thinking about getting a boost controller
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Re: Re: Re: Stg 4 WRX vs 02 BMW, M3

Originally posted by Mad Max 03
    I got an even better line from a Lightning I smoked the other night. After I was slowing down, he pulled up next to me, the window goes down, and the passenger leans his head out the window. "What the F#$@ is that thing!?!" All he got from me was a nonchalant "It's a WRX." plus a thumbs up for racing

Good kill on the M3! Theres a few around here I've been trying to line up against, its only a matter of time
    That's awesome Going OT, at about what RPM does your VF 34 begin to spool, and when do you get full boost?
    Fahd

Awesome! Those care ARE wicked fast for a luxo-cruiser!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stg 4 WRX vs 02 BMW, M3

Originally posted by WRXin'
    That's awesome Going OT, at about what RPM does your VF 34 begin to spool, and when do you get full boost?
    I see boost by about 3000 and full boost by about 3800-4000. There is a lot more lag with my FMIC than there was with the TMIC. I was getting full boost by 3400-3500 with the TXS TMIC.
    2003 Black sedan
    12.5 @ 109

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stg 4 WRX vs 02 BMW, M3

Originally posted by Mad Max 03
    I see boost by about 3000 and full boost by about 3800-4000. There is a lot more lag with my FMIC than there was with the TMIC. I was getting full boost by 3400-3500 with the TXS TMIC.
    So are you gonna go back to TMIC?
    Fahd

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stg 4 WRX vs 02 BMW, M3

Originally posted by WRXin'
    So are you gonna go back to TMIC?
    No way The car (butt dyno) pulls harder up top with the FMIC, plus there is virtually none of the heat soak I was seeing with the TMIC. It also looks pretty wicked (shock & awe effect). And, I've already chopped the hell out of my front bumper
    2003 Black sedan
    12.5 @ 109

wait till you see a m5, i got my nuts handed to me on the interstate by a 2002 m5. DO NOT mess with those.
    Mods: TurboSpec 20g hybrid turbo, TurboSpec racing downpipe, custom 3" catback, vishnu uppipe, ported exhaust manifold, ported TGV housings, perrin intake, custom inlet pipe, greddy front mount, walbro 342 pump, perrin fuel rails, sx FPR, sx fuel filter, SSR Competition wheels, Carbon fiber hood, gauges galore inside, techedge WB O2 kit, UTEC, greddy profec b, greddy turbo timer.

1982 280zx turbo swap. Ford supercoupe intercooler. crushed stock FPR, crushed 2g dsm bov. stock 99 dodge diesel catback as intercooler piping. electric fan, and intercooler fan. best e.t. 8.22 @ 84.4 238hp 348tq

Originally posted by Blue02wrx
    wait till you see a m5, i got my nuts handed to me on the interstate by a 2002 m5. DO NOT mess with those.
    I've NEVER EVER been beaten by a e39 m5. Is your car tuned?
    with all your mods, I can't believe that you got your arse handed to you by a m5?? How fast were you guys racing? I can maybe see the m5 having a good top end (meaning 120+)...
    Last edited by FastARSEWRX; 04-23-2003 at 09:33 PM.

we went from 85 kick, i am untuned and didn't drop to 3rd gear but he walked away from me...i had no idea they were that fast
    Mods: TurboSpec 20g hybrid turbo, TurboSpec racing downpipe, custom 3" catback, vishnu uppipe, ported exhaust manifold, ported TGV housings, perrin intake, custom inlet pipe, greddy front mount, walbro 342 pump, perrin fuel rails, sx FPR, sx fuel filter, SSR Competition wheels, Carbon fiber hood, gauges galore inside, techedge WB O2 kit, UTEC, greddy profec b, greddy turbo timer.

1982 280zx turbo swap. Ford supercoupe intercooler. crushed stock FPR, crushed 2g dsm bov. stock 99 dodge diesel catback as intercooler piping. electric fan, and intercooler fan. best e.t. 8.22 @ 84.4 238hp 348tq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast