Ls430

This is a discussion on Ls430 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; some dude raced me with his LS430, for some reason he kicked my butt,,,,,,, hard. we started from 30 mph, ...

Ls430

some dude raced me with his LS430, for some reason he kicked my butt,,,,,,, hard. we started from 30 mph, I was at the second gear, and I saw him getting futher and futher,,, what an aweful feeling. I am still confused, are those lexus that powerful ? I am only running 13 Psi . or maybe I can't drive!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MFP4073
    I don't know about the new ones but the older ones are very fast. If your stock he should have and did beat you.

Don't feel bad I got caught sleeping at the line and got spanked by Z3 about 2 weeks ago. I just hope it was the 6 cylinder or M version, I could not tell at the time.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    you must definetly not be able to drive b/c an ls430 should'nt be running faster than a wrx. granted, it does have a big ass engine, but the car is big ass too, which makes it slower. a lot of those expensive luxury sedans have big engines in them which makes them pretty fast. audi's A8, mercedes S500, BMW 5/7 series, lexus LS430/GS400, all really fast cars ( fast because the car is so damn heavy that its amazing they can go that fast)

let me share my experience racing a luxury car. as i pulled away from a light, an infiniti Q45 started to pull in front of me ( i wasnt trying to go fast), but i wanted to save my pride so i accelerated infront of him, then the car kept going faster till we were going 65! i saw the red light ahead and stopped slowly, but the Q45 didnt and slammed on the brakes and stopped in the middle of the intersection! i was wondering what the heck was going on 'till i saw that the driver was an elderly woman with insanely thick glasses....moral of the story? - another reason why elderly people should have to go to driving school

we started from 30 mph
    our WRXs aren't too great after we hit the 60-70 mph mark. we're great off the line, pretty crappy on the fly...unless you're modded of course. don't sweat it...you can't win them all...if you ever see him again, get him from a stop. that should be no problem.
    -steve-
    '02 Silver WRX

The answer.

CAR AND DRIVER
    "...but the power peak has been eased down the rpm scale -- torque maxes out at 3400 rpm instead of 4000 -- to improve acceleration and midrange performance. Lexus says the 3950-pound car will quick-step to 60 in just 6.3 seconds -- 0.3 second quicker than Lexus claimed for last year's model, which we clocked at 6.4 seconds to 60. After sprinting from a full stop into the three-digit range, we're disinclined to dispute the claim. The five-speed automatic transmission is also updated from that of the previous model and is so smooth that shifting gears is more of an aural than a physical experience."

up to sixty, this car should have been toast! you should have been able to still pull a bit after that, maybe to seventy.

Performance
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LS 430
    4 Dr Sedan
    Engine Size 4.3L
    Number of Cylinders 8
    Camshaft Variable Timing DOHC
    Compression Ratio 10.5:1
    Horsepower 290 @5600rpm
    Torque (lbs/ft) 320 @3400rpm

buuuuuuuuuut. after that, you are toast. sionara. see you later. byeeeee. best part about it, he'll be comfortably cruising sitting back relaxed at low rpms. it won't even feel like a race to him on the highway.

dR

as much as I believe I can't drive, it was a pure slaughter,,,, I still think there was something fishy about that LS430. just earlier, I pulled dead even with a F-body T/A. from 0~100 ( I didn't do the clutch killing launch either) . and this time from 30~ well I gave up after 60 since I wasn't gaining. my car is lightly modded too.my HP should be somewhere in between XS stage 1 and stage 2.. need to try it again,,,,yup must try it again.

The reason the 0-60 for the LS430 is low is because of the mass. If you are already going 30 mph the 4.3 has alot of pull. So from a start the WRX should kill a LS430, but if you are rolling and you loose the launch advantage, then things change quite a bit. Look at the 50-70 times for each.

WRX
    30-50 mph : 2.5 sec.
    50-70 mph : 3.5 sec.

LS430
    30-50 mph : 2.3 sec.
    50-70 mph : 3.25 sec.

Now this stock for Stock.

LS 430 is large but it has the lowest CD (drag) of any car (besides electric cars) .25.

4.3 liter V-8, 32 valves, 290 hp and 300lbs torque. The tranny is smooth and efficient so the power GOES to the wheels, it does not get lost (like the new Q45). The car is pretty fast for a near 4000lbs car.
    Allow myself to introduce myself