SRT-4 spanks Stage 2 rex?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 spanks Stage 2 rex? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is this possible..?? I got this from the SRT-4 forum on a thread called "Owned the Whole Subaru Family" "#4 ...

SRT-4 spanks Stage 2 rex?

Is this possible..?? I got this from the SRT-4 forum on a thread called "Owned the Whole Subaru Family"

"#4 was a rex kid. He had a Turbo XS stage 2 kit that he claimed put 228 to the wheels. Finally, a real challenge!! He didn't want to go from a dig because he didn't want to hurt his tranny. I asked if he was sure, cause that's his only advantage over me. he said nah, from a 30 roll... I let him have the honor of honking and he started to pull. By the end of third I had him by a half a car and by the end of 4th it was all over.... OWN3D. that one got exciting cause I reached 125... with another gear to go!!"

Is it just me or is NOT possible with a stage 2 upgrade??

here is the thread http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1557

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no stock srt4 will take a stage 2 unless the wrx owners can't drive...facts are facts...let them have their fun search for me on there i posted once and it was a challenge and i've yet to hear anything back...PANZY
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

The author of the original post, on the SRT-4 forum explains it all. He is a dumbass, as far as i'm concerned.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

WRX
    at least the first reply was a bs flag. But somehow everyone seemed to see right past it.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

ummm, how many of you have raced a srt4 while at stage 2?? Cause i have, and they will pull. We raced from a stop but he would pull on me after the launch...
    autobahn storming scooby

Originally posted by blackshadow
    ummm, how many of you have raced a srt4 while at stage 2?? Cause i have, and they will pull. We raced from a stop but he would pull on me after the launch...
    ok a stage 2 is roughly a mid 13 or low 13 like maybe a 13.4ish or whatever...now a stock srt4 is 14.1 thats almost a whole second. a stock srt-4 CAN NOT pull as described.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

And i'm telling you that i've had it happen. Don't know what else to tell you other than that they have phenomenal top end. On top of that the WRX went into 4th gear in that race and well you know what happens there. He wasn't pulling on me hard enough to be able to pass me at any point other than if I would pin it, but he was very slowly catching up.
    autobahn storming scooby

I have to say I could believe it. When I was at stage II I was not that impressed with it on the highway. But from 30 mph it should be pretty even until 4th gear. The stock turbo just cant pull on the highway. I think a stage II should kill it from a launch though, heck even stock.

Let them have their fun from a straight-line roll. Because they will get owned in every other situation from even a mildly modded WRX.

I cant wait to mess with one on the highway or anywhere for that matter. I'd love to launch against one, that would get ugly
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

a huge portion of the wrx's quarter mile time comes from a good launch. a srt will pull on a stage 2 unfortunately. what are you worried about though? wrx has nothing to prove... we have trophies behind our car, they have, umm confidence in street racing?

That guy was going from a 30 mph roll probably in 2nd. Not exactly in the best rpm range. Oh well good kill for the SRT-4 hehehe!
    04 SVT Lightning

Oh the humanity the disgrace. ROFL he wins whoop T do!! Give him credit if he won, he won. Oh no he beat USDM version Rex. Call out the Nation Guard of Suby land.Nice Kills.
    Real mature, some of them are fools.

My challenge still stands on the SRT-4. Put up or shut up. Once that has been answered and it proves to be as "evolutionary and different" as the owners claim, I will personally apologize to all of them. Until such time, well, a Rex for me please.

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

The SRT-4 is an impressive car. But I don't know about it beating a WRX with the stage 2. Is 4th gear really that bad on the WRX?
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Fact:

Both drivers equal.

An SRT-4 will pull a Stage 2 WRX from a roll.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 04-18-2003 at 09:03 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

The One:

Yup, our 4th gear is THAT bad.

Our gear ratios are as follows:

GEAR RATIOS: 1st 3.454 3.454
    GEAR RATIOS: 2nd 1.947 1.947
    GEAR RATIOS: 3rd 1.366 1.366
    GEAR RATIOS: 4th 0.972 0.972
    GEAR RATIOS: 5th 0.738 0.738

Now, compare it with a car known for its topend, the Acura RSX Type S:

1 : 3.266:1
    2 : 2.130:1
    3 : 1.517:1
    4 : 1.147:1
    5 : 0.921:1
    6 : 0.738:1

As you can see, our gearing is tall as hell. 1.366 dropping down to 0.972? That explains our 4th gear "wall" so to speak. Plus, the SRT-4 is 200 lbs lighter and FWD (less driveline drag as opposed to our AWD...plus less power loss to the wheels)...so it's not really unbelievable that the SRT-4 will pull on a Stage 2.

Great topend on those cars, without a doubt. Too bad they'll break down like Pintos...aside from that, much respect to Chrysler for firing an American answer to the sport compact domination from Japan...they only got a three-letter problem come this summer...STi. W00T!

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast