Abt S4!

This is a discussion on Abt S4! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here's the scenario: My cousin in So-cal has an wickedly fast Abt tuned S4 that has put down 260ish awhp ...

Abt S4!

Here's the scenario: My cousin in So-cal has an wickedly fast Abt tuned S4 that has put down 260ish awhp and is a serious beast on the street and on the highway, especially highway. I have a Vishnu tuned stage 1 equivalence(ecutek-samco ic hoses,pulley,turboxs stealthback to scoobysport muffler, and jdm uppipe. We were at a light twice. 1st time we both feathered it out of first and went at it. I put about 1 car on him through the end of second. I slow down to a stoplight on the right and he pulls up to the left with a face like this Then he starts to build revs up, and i do too. However, we are on a small incline, and I think my launch is gonna bog. Light turns and he bogs but chirps with half a car length on me. I bog hard but recover quickly(probably super fast spool of VS1) and start ripping on him end the end of first. Second, I pull about 2 cars and maintain to almost the end of third where we shut it down bfore jail time speeds. He pulls next to me with the WTF face and remarks coming out of his mouth. I am trippin, because I thought I was gonna get owned. Maybe it's the 6-7 hundred pound difference. I am just stoked, cuz his car is fast as "$#@&". We've pulled easily on stock C4s in his car. HOw come our cars don't have that "fast feeling" if you know what I'm saying? I think it is super smoothness of the Ecutek and Shiv's tuning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I remember when I first test drove the rex, a buddy of mine came with me and in the middle of the test drive said "This car feels slow as hell!" Something about the rex really disguises its speed, especially when you're driving it (it feels faster from the passenger seat for some reason). Oh well, I can deal with that

Btw - nice kill!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Most cars feel faster from the passenger seat, because the person sitting there doesn't know exactly when the gas is gonna be pressed, or how hard, or how the car will go into a turn. Kinda like how you can't tickle yourself, it ruins the surprise.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

I Support ClubWRX
    Never thought of it that way... Seems like a very valid point. I just always thought I was too much of a control freak!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Is it just me or is anyone else raising the BS flag on a WRX with those mods beating a 260 AWHP S4? That's like 320 crank hp. That hp difference is not gonna be made up by 4-500lbs. On top of that, the S4 has waaaaaayyy better gearing than a WRX. Anyone?
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

VS1 is around 310 hp @ the crank, figure in the weight difference and you have two pretty equal cars eh?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

it was only up to 3rd gear......
    it would be understandable if the S4 guy didnt really know how to drive his car and djwrx did....

Aslo, have to figure out what he means by ABT tuned S4. Most chips will bring the car up to about 310 hp without any other mods. Did he have just a chip?

I mean it coulda happened, but the whole story sounds kinda fishy to me. 260 at the wheels would be Stage 2 on an S4, basically chip and a catback, maybe downpipes.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6